RKMBs
The Charlotte Observer

Associated Press

'West Wing' actor John Spencer dies at 58
Fri, Dec. 16, 2005

LOS ANGELES - John Spencer, who played vice presidential candidate Leo McGarry on NBC's "The West Wing," died of a heart attack Friday, his publicist said.

Spencer, 58, died at a Los Angeles hospital, said publicist Ron Hofmann.

Hofmann released no other immediate details.

Spencer's work on the show earned him an Emmy Award for supporting actor in a drama series in 2002, as well as a Golden Globe nomination.

Before appearing on the hit political drama, Spencer played the quirky and charismatic New York attorney Tommy Mullaney on "L.A. Law."
Leo!!!! Noooo!!

Man, he was the rock of that show. A great actor, and really cool guy. I'll miss him...
Damn... he was a great actor.

Quote:

Wednesday said:
'West Wing' actor John Spencer dies at 58
Before appearing on the hit political drama, Spencer played the quirky and charismatic New York attorney Tommy Mullaney on "L.A. Law."[/LIST]

Uh, if he was a "New York attorney", why was the show called "L.A. Law"?

But seriously.

For probably obvious reasons, I'm not much of a "West Wing" fan, but I am a big John Spencer fan. His work as Tommy Mullaney on "L.A. Law" was always excellent, even when the show started to go downhill with silly stunts and soap opera histronics.

And before that, I remember Spencer as a standout supporting actor, in roles like the seedy detective pal of Harrison Ford in "Presumed Innocent."

He will be missed.
© RKMBs