RKMBs
Posted By: TK-069 AKIRA! ...starring Leo DiCaprio?!?! - 2008-02-29 9:04 PM
Also Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Tetsuo.
Directed by a first timer.
And.
AND!!!

It won't be in Neo-Tokyo, but Manhattan.

Discuss (how much this will suck).
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: AKIRA! ...starring Leo DiCaprio?!?! - 2008-02-29 9:42 PM
Why discuss it? We all know it. Except for maybe PCG, and who cares what THAT gayboy thinks?
TETSUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: AKIRA! ...starring Leo DiCaprio?!?! - 2008-02-29 10:17 PM
Catch Me If You Can was a good movie.
It was.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: AKIRA! ...starring Leo DiCaprio?!?! - 2008-02-29 10:20 PM
i also enjoyed the blood diamond movie.
 Originally Posted By: TK-069

Discuss (how much this will suck).

A very, very large amount.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: AKIRA! ...starring Leo DiCaprio?!?! - 2008-02-29 10:28 PM
you didnt like blood diamonds wendsday?
Yeah, I thought Blood Diamonds was a pretty good movie, but it wasn't the live-action version of an anime.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: AKIRA! ...starring Leo DiCaprio?!?! - 2008-02-29 10:43 PM
 Originally Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53

That's what always gets me about anime. Hey, guys, you might actually be able to hit or shoot someone if you weren't constantly yelling out their names right before you do it. I mean, come on, you were right behind him. He had no idea you were there. Element of surprise, guys.
Looka eye, always looka eye.
Posted By: King Snarf Re: AKIRA! ...starring Leo DiCaprio?!?! - 2008-03-01 1:35 AM

KANEEEEEEDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Posted By: PCG342 Re: AKIRA! ...starring Leo DiCaprio?!?! - 2008-03-01 1:37 AM
LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY JEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNKINS!
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: AKIRA! ...starring Leo DiCaprio?!?! - 2008-03-01 1:44 AM
Isn't "live action anime" the same as a "heterosexual rob kamphausen"?
No, live action anime exists.
Posted By: The Pun-isher Re: AKIRA! ...starring Leo DiCaprio?!?! - 2008-03-01 5:39 AM
I hope they have that chorus singing "DUNNN....DUN DUN!!!" every five minutes. It won't be "Akira" without it.

Regardless, I'm sure I'd be Kaoring in horror if I knew what was going through their minds when they thought this was a good idea.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: AKIRA! ...starring Leo DiCaprio?!?! - 2008-03-01 7:32 AM
 Originally Posted By: Jason E. Perkins
Yeah, I thought Blood Diamonds was a pretty good movie, but it wasn't the live-action version of an anime.

do you still buy diamonds? i dont.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: AKIRA! ...starring Leo DiCaprio?!?! - 2008-03-01 8:47 AM
diamonds are rob's bestfriend
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor

That's what always gets me about anime. Hey, guys, you might actually be able to hit or shoot someone if you weren't constantly yelling out their names right before you do it. I mean, come on, you were right behind him. He had no idea you were there. Element of surprise, guys.

You haven't watched much anime, have you?
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
 Originally Posted By: Jason E. Perkins

do you still buy diamonds? i dont.

I haven't bought a diamond in years. I've had no reason too, though.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: AKIRA! ...starring Leo DiCaprio?!?! - 2008-03-01 8:15 PM
what if rob cuddled more?
Posted By: thedoctor AKIRA! ...starring Keanu?!?! - 2011-05-09 11:52 PM
http://www.mania.com/reeves-to-lead-akira_article_129841.html
 Quote:
It seems that Keanu Reeves may be the one to lead Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures' live-action adaptation of Akira, reports the Hollywood Reporter. While younger names such as Robert Pattinson, Andrew Garfield and James McAvoy have been mentioned in recent reports regarding their upcoming feature film take of Katsuhiro Otomo's classic manga, the trade says there has been a meeting between Reeves and the director Albert Hughes. Albert will direct, based on a screenplay by Mark Fergus, Hawk Ostby, Gary Whitta and Steve Kloves.

If the deal gets done, Reeves would potentially play the role of Kaneda, a member of a biker gang in a cyberpunk dystopia.

Plot Concept: "Akira" is based on anime artist Katsuhiro Otomo's six-volume graphic novel masterwork. Previously adapted into a popular 1988 anime film, this version will take place in "New Manhattan," a metropolis that was rebuilt after being destroyed 31 years ago. The famous motorcycle will also definitely be a part of the film.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: AKIRA! ...starring Keanu?!?! - 2011-05-09 11:53 PM
Isn't Keanu in his 80's now?
Posted By: Pariah Re: AKIRA! ...starring Keanu?!?! - 2011-05-10 12:02 AM
Kaneda? Shouldn't he be playing Tetsuo?
Posted By: Pariah Re: AKIRA! ...starring Keanu?!?! - 2011-05-10 12:02 AM
.....'Cuz, you know, he was Neo....And...And Neo could fly.....
Posted By: thedoctor Re: AKIRA! ...starring Keanu?!?! - 2011-05-10 12:14 AM
Still not funny.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: AKIRA! ...starring Keanu?!?! - 2011-05-10 3:30 AM
GODDAMMIT, JERRY.
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
Isn't Keanu in his 80's now?

Keanu does not age.
© RKMBs