RKMBs
Just wondering.Boards like here & Marvel's boards(when they were up)have a more updated & fresher look.For example:all the different smilies you can use,new user welcomes & such.These make a board more enjoyable & I was wondering if any plans were in the works for DC's boards to get a little more updated?
Thanks
eh, sometimes there are plans, sometimes there are not.

changes to the dc boards are a lot more fragile than changes anywhere else, even forums as large as marvels. just before closing, they were balancing at around 6,000 members. dc now has 35,000. upgrading the boards means making changes to, in just the member section, 35,000 files. not fun, quick, nor easy.

add that to the fact that dc is owned by warner bros, wb is owned by time, time is owned by time life, and time life is owned by aol, and, you got yerself a LOOOOOOT o' checks n'balances. anytime you wanna change something, it needs the approval of 30 somethings.

no fun.

rob is a lazy man, perhaps the laziest man in all of los angeles county, wich would put him in the running for laziest man worldwide....

[ 08-12-2001: Message edited by: THE bsams ]

my only competition is from those blasted australians!
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Kamphausen:
eh, sometimes there are plans, sometimes there are not.

changes to the dc boards are a lot more fragile than changes anywhere else, even forums as large as marvels. just before closing, they were balancing at around 6,000 members. dc now has 35,000. upgrading the boards means making changes to, in just the member section, 35,000 files. not fun, quick, nor easy.

add that to the fact that dc is owned by warner bros, wb is owned by time, time is owned by time life, and time life is owned by aol, and, you got yerself a LOOOOOOT o' checks n'balances. anytime you wanna change something, it needs the approval of 30 somethings.

no fun.

on a serious note, couldja change the color scheme or somethin? maybe go with red instead of blue, just for a change.....

even something as simple as that, my friend... the decision is just outta my hands.

dc is a great company, but, believe you me, its INCREDIBLY corporate. easy things dont exist.

quote:
even something as simple as that, my friend... the decision is just outta my hands.

dc is a great company, but, believe you me, its INCREDIBLY corporate. easy things dont exist.

change it anyhow, when they ask do what i do at work,"i dunno. it was like that when i got here"......

"i think it has something to do with that goldman kid..."
there ya go, or blame the germans....everyoneknows they are a dastardly lot.....
...stupid catch phrase... gets me fer everythign!
Oh,it's true.It's DAMN true!!
quote:

I'd reply to that, but I can't be bothered...

quote:

Like Arnold Schwartzenegger?

quote:
"i think it has something to do with that goldman kid..."

Bingo.

Hah!
Heh.
Eh?
zuh?
Guh?
GUH!
Zuh?
I'm beaten.
I personally am glad as fuck that someone gave up.
Dave, what is that avatar?
Bad guy from Batman: Dark Knight Returns.
I still haven't read that one...
Because you can't read.
I temporarily go blind when I see something by Frank Miller.
His work excites you that much?
Are you sure that's... excitement, Danny?

[ 09-16-2001: Message edited by: Chewy Walrus ]

Boing!
I thought we already covered Oingo Boingo.

Chewy... that's how Disco refers to it...

Who let the bongs out?
Drugs are bad, Disco.
M'kay.
 Originally Posted By: Danny
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob Kamphausen:<BR><STRONG>my only competition is from those blasted australians!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I'd reply to that, but I can't be bothered...

i dialed d and didnt get an answer.
© RKMBs