RKMBs
Posted By: NurikoK98 Okay, so what is this Crisis thing? - 2006-02-13 4:53 AM
I have to confess, I've been reading mostly Marvel titles lately--mostly the Ultimate titles. My DC purchases have been limited to Teen Titans, the Flash, and the animated titles. What's going on with Crisis, and how can I keep up without spending a fortune I don't have?
Posted By: rex Re: Okay, so what is this Crisis thing? - 2006-02-13 7:47 AM
Its the storyline where foggy nelson dies and spider-man gets a new costume and eats some dudes head.
Posted By: Killconey Re: Okay, so what is this Crisis thing? - 2006-02-13 8:08 AM
Quote:

rex said:
Its the storyline where foggy nelson dies and spider-man gets a new costume and eats some dudes head.

Rex, have you ever even read a comic book before? Crisis would be DC and neither Foggy nor Spidey exist. My best advice for keeping up without going broke would be to either borrow the trade from someone or check it out from the local library.
Posted By: rex Re: Okay, so what is this Crisis thing? - 2006-02-13 9:43 AM
Thats too difficult. I'd rather come here and ask about it without looking to see if there's any crisis threads already.
Crisis started when Chris Oakley punched reality in the face and discovered several alternate earths in which different versions of himself exist.
Posted By: harleykwin Re: Okay, so what is this Crisis thing? - 2006-02-13 9:13 PM
Quote:

Im Not Mister Mxypltk said:
Crisis started when Chris Oakley punched reality in the face and discovered several alternate earths in which different versions of himself exist.

Posted By: PenWing Re: Okay, so what is this Crisis thing? - 2006-02-13 9:59 PM
Nuriko, I think there is a site where you can download all the Crisis issues if you have a comic reader program, but I know nothing about it.

Could someone here please tell me if I'm correct and provide a link?
Posted By: Pariah Re: Okay, so what is this Crisis thing? - 2006-02-14 12:55 AM
www.torrentspy.com

There's a gigatorrent composed entirely of PDFs.
Posted By: Pariah Re: Okay, so what is this Crisis thing? - 2006-02-14 1:00 AM
You know what I love about torrent? You don't have to download separate updated files to get an optimized comic sourse. You just use the same torrent which is added to by the original uploader.

Noice.

You see, with P2P you wouldn't get such luxury.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Okay, so what is this Crisis thing? - 2006-02-14 3:57 AM
You tell 'em Pariah!
Quote:

Pariah said:

PDF? That's crazy. Use CBR.
Posted By: Pariah Re: Okay, so what is this Crisis thing? - 2006-02-14 5:12 AM
*shrug* They're both good.

What's wrong with PDF?
CBRs take less space and are easier to read. Plus if you want you can change the extension to .rar and extract all the pages, like if you wanna use an specific page for something.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Okay, so what is this Crisis thing? - 2006-02-14 5:50 AM
I agree with dad, but every rose has it’s thorn, just like every night has it’s dawn. And sadly, the gigatorrent Pariah was using only provided PDFs (is why it reached 5 gigs). The Sandman and Lucifer megatorrents at mininova.org are all CBRs though.

Also, I downloaded the House of M but after skimming through the key issues, realized it was crap and deleted the whole thing.
Posted By: NurikoK98 Re: Okay, so what is this Crisis thing? - 2006-02-14 5:56 AM
Quote:

Pariah said:
www.torrentspy.com

Where? There's so much stuff on the page, it isn't easy to find, even if I knew what I was looking for. :dumb:
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Okay, so what is this Crisis thing? - 2006-02-14 6:03 AM
Torrentspy's comic book section in hyeah

and a good comic book reader in hyeah
Posted By: Killconey Re: Okay, so what is this Crisis thing? - 2006-02-14 9:28 AM
Quote:

Son of Mxy said:
Also, I downloaded the House of M but after skimming through the key issues, realized it was crap and deleted the whole thing.

Well done! Some things are not even worth free.
© RKMBs