RKMBs
Posted By: Grimm Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-11 6:30 AM
Ok, guys, battle's wide open. Am gonna post Vengeance/Naecken fight soon. In the meantime, let's see some action!
Posted By: TheTimeTrust Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-11 6:50 AM
You talk thread hog!

Speaking of action, I asked for feedback on all the posts I've been writing lately, and seriously I'd still like to hear comments, please. I'm thinking of just writing all of your characters horribly out-of-character just to see if any of you are reading my stuff... [mwah hwah haa]
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-11 7:19 AM
I think everyone has done a great work so far. I gave you feedback on the chat, but I will state the same here, I enjoyed expecially the C-men post, with a great portraiture of Walker ("Mr. Turner, have the bear killed" was priceless).

I also found very intriguing the Griffin posts, altough knowing what you were doing, I experimented no surpise with the appearence of the guest star.

My only perplexity came with Axel post, because how id you put it, FOR ME, seemed that Axel is with Vanguard for days, while he is just from hous, if not just minutes. I think he would need somo mere time to understand and comment over the dinamics internal to the group. On the other hand, he has magic power, so he can feel the things a normal person would take at the least days to notice.

Well, I talked too much... [DOH!]
Posted By: TheTimeTrust Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-11 7:31 AM
Re: Axel -- you're right. I was taking a few "artistic liberties" with the story, but then again, like anyone new to a group, Axel has gotten some first impressions which strike him as negative. Even though it has nothing to do with him personally (the team's been through a tragedy and is dreading the battle ahead, etc), he would still take it somewhat personally simply because he's emotionally immature like other 12-year-olds. I tried to show his feelings of alienation in a new environment while making comments on the team and the Complex from an outsider's perspective as best I could, just to get people thinking about things in a different way.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-11 8:15 AM
Well, in general, I like what you've been doing. You've been a posting maniac for much of this story, really going at it. Heavily detailed posts with lots of character stuff. We've seen damn near all your HR characters in this story, so far, which is pretty cool.

I really liked the way you built up the suspense with Dr. Quantos and Grimm a while back.

But the sheer volume of what you've posted at times makes it difficult, at least for me, to read it all in one sitting and effectively comment. A lot of times in this story I've had to go back and reread some of your stuff just to make sure I got it all. Nothing wrong with your posting, I'm just saying.
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-11 9:08 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Grimm:
Well, in general, I like what you've been doing. You've been a posting maniac for much of this story, really going at it. Heavily detailed posts with lots of character stuff. We've seen damn near all your HR characters in this story, so far, which is pretty cool.

Well, now that I think of it, I would like to use the Time Trust for the epilogue I will do with raptor.

That would make ALL your character will have appeared in this story. [cool]
Posted By: TheTimeTrust Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-11 11:46 AM
Grimm's comment made me wonder how many posts I had put into the story so far compared with others. Since I find statistics interesting, I went through the story and counted the number of posts per writer:

It shouldn't be any surprise at all that Euro came in the lead with a whopping 24 posts.

I came in second at 20 posts so far, though Doc and I were neck-and-neck until recently.

Doc's count is 16.

Grimm is at 15.

Prometheus (counting Ozzy Baxter, of course) comes in at 13, but that's just because he hasn't posted as much recently -- he had a higher post count than anyone but Euro at one point.

Mxy comes in with 9 posts.

Cowgirl Jack is next with 5 posts (none recent -- I know she's busy with school and stuff).

Captain Sammitch has some catching up to do as he's at 4 posts so far.

Gooz has "phoned it in" with 3 posts (little acting-lingo for ya there [wink] ).

Sonhaven and our fearless (but absent) leader Danny both come in with 1 post each.

Not surprisingly, there haven't been any posts by Drax, Vengeance, Tobias Christopher, or Kristogar Velo (though it's not too late).

In realizing how much I've personally been writing during this story and a few others (such as issue #11 almost a year ago), and having been reading through all the TOMB stories while gathering info about Mandelovia, it struck me that I rarely posted anything in the old days. And when I did write, it tended to be very much focused on my own character rather than the group at large. I tended to do a lot more skimming of the stories back then rather than a careful reading, so I rarely felt comfortable enough to write other peoples' characters.

It's completely different now, though, as I've got a good handle (in comparison to the TOMB/MBL days) on the Hero Revolution Universe, having helped create much of it, and I know the team fairly well and am usually not afraid to use them if I have a reason to do so.

Which is why I'm really looking forward to the Christmas story. It should give our characters a chance to interact with each other in a casual setting rather than a battlefield. I hope to see more of a "family" atmosphere fostered in the team rather than a back-biting X-baby kind of group. The reason TOMB worked so well in the old days is because there were some really strong friendships between characters, something I think is generally lacking in Vanguard, though I do see potential for that to happen more often than it has. The old MBL was generally a failure, in my opinion, because there was little to hold the characters together other than a sense of "saving the world" (from a random assortment of humourously-dangerous characters). The MBL's membership seemed to constantly rotate and few friendships were allowed to evolve as they did in TOMB.

Vanguard, as we've written it, is much more like TOMB than the old MBL, but we haven't really had the chance to develop a stable cast of characters. I blame this partly on the constant action-oriented stories we've been doing over the last year, but it is mostly because the stories we've done have been moving too damn slowly to allow much to happen in the lives of the characters. Before the current issue, the stories were generally 3 or 4 months long and seemed to drag on aimlessly at times. I would honestly have liked to have time to develop more quality interaction between Chance and the other Vanguardians, but there were so very few opportunities to do so in the stories we've done over the last year. I think the ideal way to do these collaborative stories is to have each story run for about a month or so, but not much longer. In order to do this, though, people have to be able to move the story along in a forward direction when it gets "stuck in the mud," though this should always be done in a respectful way to other posters and their plans (unless they're holding the story up by being gone for a long time, such as a few weeks, in which case it's gotta move on anyway so the rest of us can continue writing).

Anyway, I'm just rambling here with some of my thoughts, since it's easier to just write it all out here than in the usual chat atmosphere. I hope the Christmas story becomes a vehicle not only for the writers to continue some of their own characters' subplots, but primarily for interaction between the members of the team themselves. Perhaps the tragedy of Chance's death could bring the team closer, and develop some unexpected friendships that didn't really exist much before. I'm interested in seeing how some characters view each other -- for instance, Grimm and Banshee, two VERY different individuals.

Part of the reason I want a "closer" team to be worked out (in a believable way) is that I want Axel to eventually join the team (a few stories down the road), but I can't see that he would ever want to if it was hostile to newcomers like him. I'm not saying that it necessarily is that way now, but I can't really imagine Axel becoming friends with any of the current Vanguardians, though friendships would be necessary for a boy like him to feel accepted, y'know?

Oh, and I think it would be worthwhile for each of us to mention exactly WHY our character is with the team. What're the reasons for this odd assortment of people to stick together in the first place? It would be good to mention this in the Secret Files thread to make it easier for others to write your characters, but it would be even BETTER if the character examined that question for himself (or herself) in the story itself. Could make for some good character development.

OK, it's almost 4 AM -- I'd better stop typing and get some sleep. [...rassamnfrackin...]
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-11 2:17 PM
First in a series of four group-shots,

THE REVOLUTIONARIES!

-

Featuring: Naecken, Kristogar Velo, Mr. Mxy, Eurostar, Nowhereman, Larry Lance, Tobias Christopher, Danny Hearn and (in the circle) the late Jason Thomas.

Coming soon: The Metahuman Business League!
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-11 4:52 PM
TTT: I look forward to seeing where you go with the Mason Templar character. He sounds rather interesting. However, and I mean this in no negative way towards you as a writer, but, I simply cannot fathom the twelve-year-old Axel as a member of Vanguard. Are we to assume that La Perdita allows child labor? [wink]

Now, you may suprise me, and end up eventually swaying me towards the character, just in how you develop him. But, at the moment, I'm having a hard time grasping it.

Other than that, I'm glad you have broken out of your old TOMB habits of random posts. I enjoy seeing you flesh out your own personal world here.

As for the Christmas story, I also look forward to seeing what others have up their sleeves. Honestly, at the moment, I'm completely blank on what I want to write for Ozzy in that story. Probably just do some small characterization and interaction between him and the team.

And, I think it's obvious why he's with Vanguard...
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-11 7:26 PM
Phil, I can't understand your comment about the link, in your last post.

The link Rose Biggles is providing is MENTAL, having her powers similar to Phil himself.

It goes like this: Grissom sends information to the "visor" she is wearing, in the same manner he speaks to Grimm and Phil trough the communicator. Just, while the com transmits merely sounds, trough the visor Grissom send the girl not just words, but images and data, too.

The girl, then, trough her ESP powers, feeds those images and date directly to the minds of the Vanguardians and other selected people on the battle field.

So, the weack chain is the transmission from Grissom to the girl, not from the girl to the other people. If Grissom can crypt the transmission to Phil, why he shouldn't be able to do the same with the transmission to the girl?
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-11 7:32 PM
Different data streams.

In order for Grissom to transfer data to Rose, he would have to use a radio-frequency signal, to allow whatever electronic devices you're using to coordinate with each other. You can put that signal in whatever band you want - short-wave, TV-frequency, microwave, whatever - but unless you've got a really good system for encoding your signal and decoding it at the other end, your transmissions could be picked up and deciphered by anyone in the area with adequate technical know-how. In most of your previous work with communications systems, you rarely ever deal with security or secrecy in their use, and so I concluded that the signals transmitted and received by Rose's visor would similarly not have any sort of security encryption features.

Beyond that, why would a character previously unknown to the rest of the team suddenly be trusted to handle all its communications, no matter how sensitive the information might be??? It's somewhat confusing.
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-11 7:53 PM
For the technical aspect, ok, it's something I don't really understand, altough I though that the kind of signal for an "augmented reality visor" (something I didn't make up, I found it in a scientific magazine) could be deciphred just by someone with a similar device.

Also, since you wrote about the visor "any transmissions it's sending", i though you didn't get that the visor merely received, while it was the girl power to send.

About the girl, she has worked with grimm, as shown in the secret files story about him. So, I think Grimm trust her, and there was no other option to link all the forces on the battlefield, seeing that many have been recruited just hours before, and surely there was no way to equip (and train) them with communicators. Plus, the mental feed provides images and instant recognizion, things that a simple vocal communicator can't provide.

Finally, yes, I didn't provide specs about security involved in transmission, but that wouldn't mean there aren't... just as you didn't provide an explanation at how a nuclear submergible traveled in mere hours from the equator to the polar circle, topping the velocity of two aircraft equipped with teletransportation. [wink] [mwah hwah haa] [nyah hah]
Posted By: Cowgirl Jack Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-12 8:18 AM
Just reporting I am alive. Catching up right now.
Posted By: TheTimeTrust Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-12 8:26 AM
quote:
Supposedly posted by Prometheus:
TTT: I look forward to seeing where you go with the Mason Templar character. He sounds rather interesting. However, and I mean this in no negative way towards you as a writer, but, I simply cannot fathom the twelve-year-old Axel as a member of Vanguard. Are we to assume that La Perdita allows child labor? [wink]

Now, you may suprise me, and end up eventually swaying me towards the character, just in how you develop him. But, at the moment, I'm having a hard time grasping it.

Don't forget that Axel has three years of experience as a protector of La Perdita in the PSI-Unit, and that was when he was aged 7 to 10! As far as believability goes, I just think that's whatever we make of it. The fictional team and world we've created isn't that believable in the first place -- just look who else is on or has been on the team: An angel (Tayden), a 5th-dimensional being (Mxy), a demon/angel/composite creature (Naecken), two guys from the future (Danny & Priest) and one from another timeline (Chance), the "Avatar of Death", et cetera... Given that line-up, why is a 12-year-old "witch-boy" so unbelievable as a member of Vanguard?
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-12 8:26 AM
quote:
Originally posted by The Eurostar:
... just as you didn't provide an explanation at how a nuclear submergible traveled in mere hours from the equator to the polar circle, topping the velocity of two aircraft equipped with teletransportation. [wink] [mwah hwah haa] [nyah hah]

Actually, I didn't write them in as keeping pace, I just followed along when I realized there wasn't a definite timeframe and nobody would have cared anyway. No big deal though.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-12 8:27 AM
Good stuff, everybody.

TTT, I think your writing has been very good; but, as Grimm said, a bit long for one sitting. Your last post was really good. Action moved quickly, and it was easy to read and understand. Your previous post, though, had really thick paragraphs and slowed it down a bit. Plus, I usually tend to hold off on interlude posts to keep them from breaking up the flow of the story in my head if I'm planning on writing. It was well done, but it's just takes a while for me to comment on posts in those situations.

The only criticism I really have is some of the dialogue you gave Grissom:
quote:
How would you have liked being left stranded in the middle of 2000 angry Muslims in a temple utterly forbidden to westerners after having been involved with the theft of a priceless holy relic?
This just sounds unnatural. It's very Claremont-esque in it's length. I know I used to have trouble with that sorta thing too after watching too many old G.I. Joe cartoons and Silver Age comics where exposition can only be given through detailed speeches from the characters. It's hard to get out all the ideas you want to sometimes in a clear way. Plus, I think it works better if you leave a little something for the imagination of the readers to conjure up. But, really, that was the only thing that threw me off. The rest of the post was really good.
Posted By: TheTimeTrust Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-12 8:37 AM
Heh. It's a bit of a clunky line, but I thought it was funny.
Posted By: Cowgirl Jack Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-11 9:23 PM
Hey Ozzy, FYI, Brianna is affected by the cold. Despite the visual similarities, Bri isn't like Hawkwoman -- there's nothing to help regulate her temperature.

That being said, I'm going to assume the clothing is light enough for her to fly in.

(Totally off topic, but one day I want to incorperate this:

-

Into one of the stories [wink] )
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-11 9:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by TheTimeTrust:
Heh. It's a bit of a clunky line, but I thought it was funny.

Ditto. [nyah hah]
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-11 11:40 PM
quote:
Given that line-up, why is a 12-year-old "witch-boy" so unbelievable as a member of Vanguard?

See, I knew you were going to use this line of thinking. The point, I guess, is my personal preference.

It's the same reason why I hate StarGirl (Courtney from JSA), Wesley Crusher, Harry Potter, Webster, or the kid from the Sixth Sense. I simply canNOT buy a child acting like an adult. It just doesn't work with me.

Teenager? I'm with you all the way. Teen Titans is a great concept. The characters are coming into that age of responsibility, and adjusting to life as new adults. A twelve-year old, however, is generally more concerned with [INSERT FAD HERE], or, whether Superman could kick Thor's ass (well, no more I guess). At that age, from a psychological stand-point, a twelve year old just doesn't have the developmental qualities or adaptive abilities to generally handle a life so obviously crafted for serious, professional adults.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not against Axel as a member, as much as I am saying that, I cannot write a character like that. Kind of the same thing with you and Charles Walker, I'd say. A viable character, but, one that you simply do not enjoy.

So hey, as I said, change my mind... :)
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-11 11:43 PM
CJ: Sorry. That was some speculation on my part. I guess I'm just not sure how a woman can fly around in a dress, and stay sufficently warm. We'll just assume that she put the outfit on.

BTW, what's that pic all about? Is that you?
Posted By: TheTimeTrust Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-12 12:42 AM
Pro: I agree with you -- I never liked the idea of a kid on the bridge of the Enterprise and I find it irritating when kids are written like adults. There were several movies in the '80s in which the kids weren't very kid-like -- such as that movie with River Phoenix and Ethan Hawke (I think it was called EXPLORERS). I mean, I loved that movie at the time, but the premise was COMPLETELY unbelievable -- the young kid played by River Phoenix is also a scientist who invents a space-ship of his own design? Oh, please...

That said, I've been taking great pains to try to write Axel as a kid as much as possible. I mentioned that he was with the PSI-Unit, but it should be pointed out that all the other members were teenagers/young adults from 13 to 21 at the time, and Axel would not have ever operated solo. To him, the patrolling of La Perdita would have been more like playing sports to any normal kid his age. And until the hurricane and the vampire plague, it wasn't all that serious. It was like a game. The kinds of things the PSI-Unit did to protect La Perdita was keep rowdy metahumans from doing any damage to the populace or to themselves. They generally kept the peace, and it was a relatively easy job compared to the kinds of things Vanguard's been through in its history. Still, it gave him some experience.

Right now, though, Axel isn't interested in any of that. He just wants to be a normal kid -- or at least as normal as a kid can be with the kinds of abilities he has and is still learning that he has. I haven't had too much of a chance to develop the character -- and zero chances to work out his interaction with the team -- but I think what I've been writing is fairly believable. He is interested in some fads (such as THE ADVENTURES OF DISCO STEVE cartoon [wink] ), video games, comic-books, and is just starting to get interested in girls (though not too seriously, obviously). The last thing on his mind at this point is to join the team as a member. When that finally happens down the road I think it will be out of necessity rather than his own personal choice.

Anyway, Axel is a bit of an experiment for me, as Pete and Chance were. It's something different, sure, but I hope it will make for some interesting writing. In the Christmas story I want to have Axel interact with every Vanguardian at one point or another in a social atmosphere -- nothing too serious or anything -- as Dr. Quantos's "foster son." Should make for an interesting new dynamic, in any case.
quote:
First in a series of four group-shots,

THE REVOLUTIONARIES!

-

Featuring: Naecken, Kristogar Velo, Mr. Mxy, Eurostar, Nowhereman, Larry Lance, Tobias Christopher, Danny Hearn and (in the circle) the late Jason Thomas.

Coming soon: The Metahuman Business League!

Keep em coming!
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-12 3:39 AM
Good stuff, guys.

Euro: Love the pic, can't wait to see the rest of them.

Sammitch: Tesla cannons. Rock. Ouchman just got dangerous. lol

Ceej: For a costume? Character? Subplot?
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-12 7:48 AM
quote:
Euro: Love the pic, can't wait to see the rest of them.

I will try to post one at a week.

Next one will be the MBL around the time before the Hurricane, then Vanguard at his fullest membership, during the Virus adventure, and finally the membership after the events of the current issue, with many old face then departed, and the new ones around.
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-12 8:31 AM
A very little foot note for whoever not familiar with the character: Baaaghrupta is a demon, not a metahuman (altough Velo or Walker, from opposite point of views, could say that there is no difference in that [wink] ).
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-12 3:06 PM
And to that I say

BOMBARD!!! :lol:
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-12 6:38 PM
:) [biiiig grin] :lol: :lol: [um....  uh huh! ...  ]
Posted By: Cowgirl Jack Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-12 6:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Prometheus:
CJ: Sorry. That was some speculation on my part. I guess I'm just not sure how a woman can fly around in a dress, and stay sufficently warm. We'll just assume that she put the outfit on.

BTW, what's that pic all about? Is that you?

No biggie, I should have clarified. I based her outfit on an ice skater's costume (which I heard the original Supergirl's costume was based on).

That being said, how does Wonder Woman stay warm. I watched 'Eclipsed' last night when she shouts at GL and Flash 'What's wrong with the way I dress?'

Oh, and the pic? I just thought that was a really cool cape. The Vanguard Fashion Consultant will shut her mouth now. [wink]
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-13 1:23 AM
CJ: Well, Wonder Woman is a goddess. But, hey, if your answer is "Brianna wears a dress because I damn well say she does!", then, it's all good. [wink] [biiiig grin]

Okay, I just made a short post, beginning a few things. I'll be adding to it probably tonight or tomorrow. So, no one mess with it, eh? [wink]

And, what's up with this sudden use of icons in the story? ...lazy fucking writers.... [...rassamnfrackin...] [wink]

Oh, and Grimm: You wrote the Luchadore bit, as I was writing it (right before posting). I guess we can just assume that he flew back into the battle. And check your PMs.
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-13 7:10 AM
quote:
Okay, I just made a short post, beginning a few things. I'll be adding to it probably tonight or tomorrow. So, no one mess with it, eh? [wink]

Ok, but there is one thing you wrote that sounds strange:
you show the gates opening, but Grimm stated that to function, the arctifact Collins gave Naecken needs bloods of a virgin (he suggested Tayden or Brianna). I think that's a cool thing, it would be bad not to aknowledge it.

Other thing, having the Invisible man inside the fortress, it could be a good way to free Mick. I guess that's up to TTT, anyway.

Third, where the hell Amock come from? I lost tracks of him on the route of La Perdita, he has freed himself, or the Vanguardians have let him loose?

I am enjoying immensely this battle. The mix of drama and humor is something our stories have lacked for a long time.
Posted By: TheTimeTrust Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-13 8:22 AM
quote:
Supposedly posted by The Eurostar:
Other thing, having the Invisible man inside the fortress, it could be a good way to free Mick. I guess that's up to TTT, anyway.

It's also up to Mxy, I guess -- I'm not sure whether he had plans for that himself. In any case, feel free to use Griffin yourselves -- I've already got too many things I need to write before the end of this story as it is... [wink]
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-13 4:10 PM
quote:
Ok, but there is one thing you wrote that sounds strange:
you show the gates opening, but Grimm stated that to function, the arctifact Collins gave Naecken needs bloods of a virgin (he suggested Tayden or Brianna). I think that's a cool thing, it would be bad not to aknowledge it.

Yeah, I didn't bother to catch that. I guess my problem with a "blood sacrifice" is that it limits the "magical connection/religious connatation" of the so-called-literal 'Hell' to a finite set of cultural/cult beliefs. Paganistic rituals aside, I was kind of under the opinion that Hell is a universal constant. Many, many different factors can open the gateways.

That, and it would slow the story down. But, hey, if it needs to be addressed, I'll do so in my post tonight. :)

Well, since TTT isn't going to do anything, I've already got that part covered. It isn't Griffen that I'm using, though...

Third, where the hell Amock come from? I lost tracks of him on the route of La Perdita, he has freed himself, or the Vanguardians have let him loose?

Yeah, a fucking cool entrance, no doubt. But, I, too, am curious as to what/how/why...

I am enjoying immensely this battle. The mix of drama and humor is something our stories have lacked for a long time.

Yes, it is actually going very smooth, and everyone is really flexing their muscles here.

Love the Adem Different stuff. Love the B-Team (why can't I stop writing them?).

Phil's annoyance at the sudden 'communication liason'-shift has been perfect. I love it when you show-off that tech prowess, Philsy.

Euro, I sincerely miss Raptor for this battle. Given LL's return, Raptor, Nowhereman, Ameristar, Turkish, and Shift are the only ones missing. When is Strikeforce coming into the picture?

MORE GRIMM!! Where's Vanguard's resident ass-kicker in this mele'?

TTT...I miss Chance... [um....  uh huh! ...  ] :)

Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-13 4:43 PM
quote:
When is Strikeforce coming into the picture?

I'm assuming that with Amuck's presence in the story, they're either already there or fast approaching...
quote:

Nah, please don't free Mick.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-13 9:19 PM
quote:
Pro: Yeah, I didn't bother to catch that. I guess my problem with a "blood sacrifice" is that it limits the "magical connection/religious connatation" of the so-called-literal 'Hell' to a finite set of cultural/cult beliefs. Paganistic rituals aside, I was kind of under the opinion that Hell is a universal constant. Many, many different factors can open the gateways.

That, and it would slow the story down. But, hey, if it needs to be addressed, I'll do so in my post tonight.

No, it neither limited nor slowed down any part of the story, but was rather designed to speed it up by dealing with a plot point that was much talked about but not yet introduced.

quote:
Euro: Third, where the hell Amock come from? I lost tracks of him on the route of La Perdita, he has freed himself, or the Vanguardians have let him loose?

quote:
Pro again: Yeah, a fucking cool entrance, no doubt. But, I, too, am curious as to what/how/why...

Patience. . .all in time. . .
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-13 11:37 PM
quote:
No, it neither limited nor slowed down any part of the story,

According to whom?

but was rather designed to speed it up

How, and, by what timeframe?

by dealing with a plot point that was much talked about but not yet introduced.

Would precognition have helped me here? What are you talking about?

Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-14 12:14 AM
Okay, I just read your latest post. I understand now. However, I am a bit baffled as to how to do my next post. I simply don't understand where the story should head, now. You got something going on with that Turkish illusion-thing? Or, is it just one of those things, and, it can go anywhere?
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-14 12:20 AM
One of those things.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-14 1:41 AM
Okay, well, I progressed some things in the story. If I stepped on any toes, or planning, it was unintentional. If something doesn't work, we can work something out with it.

Oh, and, I've got Tayden's injuries and the Gates of Hell thing covered if no one else has any plans...
Posted By: TheTimeTrust Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-14 3:26 AM
The only "plans" I had as far as the Gates of Hell goes is that I wrote that Griffin went off in search of the Gates of Hell place in his phantom form to tell Montag where exactly they were. That surveillance job was about it. If someone wants to fit that in the story somewhere, go for it.
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-14 3:29 AM
[whaaaa!] This is kick-ass! [woooOOOOoooo!]
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-14 3:35 AM
Aye, verily!
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-14 5:05 AM
Points to whoever recognizes the theme song I had Luchadore singing...(Except for Grimm and the Doctor, as they already know) :)
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-14 5:56 AM
Pfffft! Greatest American Hero, for sure!
Posted By: TheTimeTrust Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-14 9:48 AM
That was one of my favourite shows as a kid in the early '80s, though I've never seen it since then. I'm guessing you must have seen in it reruns, Cap? You're too young to have seen it new, right?

Warner Bros. tried to sue the producers of that show for copyright infringement at the time, claiming it was derivative of Superman. The case was, of course, determined to be without merit and thrown out by the judge.
Posted By: TheTimeTrust Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-14 1:04 PM
OK, I've written what has probably been my LAST post in the Antarctica plot, unless I think of something interesting to do that will fit before the story ends. Apologies for the hastily-written post and the poor introduction of "Trinity" -- I just thought she (they?) should show up at least briefly since I made a big deal about Myrddin promising their (her) help in an earlier post. They don't have to show up again in this story, though. I'll probably use them (her?) again in another story down the road as Myrddin's current main agent (since Crasher and Ameristar are unavailable, I mean), but they're really supposed to be minor characters, so they shouldn't hog too much of the spotlight, anyway. I also haven't defined their abilities, either, or specified whether they're metahumans or merely ordinary humans with advanced tech 'cause I haven't decided yet. Best to just not mention them again in this story, I guess.

Now I just have to finish writing the La Perdita post I began and left unfinished (don't delete it, please!) -- it has to take place at about this time and before the team gets back to the island as it depends on their absence. You'll see why when I write it.
Posted By: TheTimeTrust Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-14 1:38 PM
BTW, Mxy -- you had bigger plans for Mr. Smith, didn't you? Considering the title of this story, I'd like to see Mr. Smith take a big role in the resolution with Naecken to go with the whole "revenge" thing. I hope Mr. Smith factors into the plans you folks have who are going to be ending this thing. I'll just sit back and read.

Good use of Drag Racer, Grimm. Very funny.

Doc -- good to see Ouch-Man (LOL!) and Download again, though it took me a while to remember which story I'd seen them in.

CJ: If only I could read more of your posts. They're short but very good.

Pro: Good use of dramatic timing! Sorry about messing up that dramatic timing up with my "follow-up" posts... heh... [um....  uh huh! ...  ] [who, me?] Oh well... the sooner this story gets done, the better, I guess.
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-14 2:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Chewy Walrus:
quote:
When is Strikeforce coming into the picture?

I'm assuming that with Amuck's presence in the story, they're either already there or fast approaching...
Grimm showed the disks from the Nibiru approaching the aircrafts of Vanguard and EPS and going on the same route, so I guess they are on the battlefield right now. I will make a post about them soon. On the other hand, Amuck was captured by Vanguard, so I think his presence is due to Grimm (the character).

In any case, as Merlin stated to Saros in their talk, his main goal, right now, is to convince the Vanguard heroes to join the Strikeforce, so don't expect the Strikeforce to double cross the Vanguardians.
They will play nice and at the side of the coalitions... this time. [mwah hwah haa]

Pro, I miss Raptor too, but I feel it's better not to have him arriving now, more so knowing what a few of you are going to do [wink]
Raptor will be back with the Christtmas story, and will remain with Vanguard for the foreseeable future.
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-14 4:41 PM
quote:
I'm guessing you must have seen in it reruns, Cap? You're too young to have seen it new, right?

Nah. I just had the theme song downloaded (as I heard it a few years back and absolutely loved it!) and that's how he knows it. It's a pretty friggin' sweet song (though Pro didn't get all the words right... [wink] ).
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-14 5:55 PM
quote:
Pro: Okay, well, I progressed some things in the story. If I stepped on any toes, or planning, it was unintentional. If something doesn't work, we can work something out with it.

Oh, and, I've got Tayden's injuries and the Gates of Hell thing covered if no one else has any plans...

Very well done.

quote:
TTT: I hope Mr. Smith factors into the plans you folks have who are going to be ending this thing. I'll just sit back and read.

He does. Have no worry about that.

quote:
TTT: Good use of Drag Racer, Grimm. Very funny.
Thanks. I'm going to attempt to fit in a little more B Team/C-Men interaction before the end of the story.

quote:
Euro: On the other hand, Amuck was captured by Vanguard, so I think his presence is due to Grimm (the character).

A good, and logical, guess, but no. Check my most recent post. [mwah hwah haa]

quote:
Chewy: (though Pro didn't get all the words right... ).

Ah, but you have to ask yourself, "Would the Luchadore have gotten all the words right?" I think not. [wink]
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-14 5:56 PM
Oh, I'll be posting the Vengeance/Naecken battle after I get off work tonight. Please no one touch that. Thanks.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-14 6:02 PM
POINTS TO PHIL!! [biiiig grin]

quote:
It's a pretty friggin' sweet song (though Pro didn't get all the words right... [wink] ).

Please, youngster! I watched it in primetime!

And, I was only going off my childhood memories of the theme song. I, too, have not seen, nor, heard it since the years it aired originally.

Plus, as Grimmly said, doesn't it add a bit more to Luchadore as a character, in that he WAS getting the lyrics wrong? [wink]
Believe it or not,
George isn't at home,
please leave a message after beep.
I must be out or I would pick up the phone,
Where could I be?
Believe it or not, I'm not home!
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-14 10:59 PM
As I see the story progressing toward the end, while the battle with the T5 robots was still going at the "one at a time" pace, I come out with my last post.

The sense of iut was: getting rid of the robots. Thpro numbered them in 250,000 there would have been no way ot taking them down ALL that way.

I tried to show how Walker didn't care of the going of the battle, until he was satisfied with his gathering of information, plus I wanted to show how cool and powerful Turner is (as we witnessed in a very cool moment in the last story). Obvioulsy I wanted to show also how the EPS is effective, compared to the assorted variety of our assembled army.

But, I would like to have Vanguard, not the EPS, to take down the T5 "mother" robot. I guess that Adem could be good at it, with his ability to "talk" with tech, but he is still fighting that Utu, right?

In any case, there are still foot soldiers on the ground, with any kind of weapons you want, if there is needs for opponents for the B and C guys, or any other subteam.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-15 12:46 AM
Don't have time to right now, but I plan on finishing the T5 bot problem tomorrow.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-15 3:22 AM
Couple of questions, where did the foot soldiers come from? and how did Turner heal from his injuries so quickly?
Posted By: TheTimeTrust Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-15 3:55 AM
I'm just guessing here, but the foot soldiers could have been some of the mind-controlled people that Naecken had enslaved. Some were scientists, but maybe an army detachment was there as well. Maybe.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-15 5:44 AM
That would make sense.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-15 6:02 AM
A little B Team/C-Men action for ya, as promised. Still working on Vengeance/Naecken. . .
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-15 6:03 AM
TTT is right, I stated that in a previuous page of the talk thread. They were personnell, scientific and military, from vairous scientific bases. In fact, they are brainwashed slaves of Nae. It would be cool to free them, not slaughter, but, it's a war... [sad]
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-15 6:05 AM
What injuries for Turner? The ones endured in the last story? Truner has a healing factor that was shown in the story itself.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-15 6:06 AM
Ok, I was just curious. Is there a way for the "meta coalition" to discover this and free them? Or are they necessary casualties?
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-15 6:07 AM
quote:
What injuries for Turner? The ones endured in the last story? Truner has a healing factor that was shown in the story itself.

Turner has a healing factor, too? Does everyone in this universe have a healing factor? Damn Wolverine. . . [...rassamnfrackin...] [nyah hah] [wink]
Posted By: TheTimeTrust Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-15 6:19 AM
Grimm, your story post made me laugh. I agree with Euro, it's nice to see some humor back in the stories amidst all the gloom. Back in the old MBL there was a bit TOO much humor and not enough gloom, whereas the current universe was too much gloom and not enough humor, but I think more recently it's balancing out nicely.
Posted By: GoozX Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-15 6:22 AM
quote:
quote:

Turner has a healing factor, too? Does everyone in this universe have a healing factor? Damn Wolverine. . . [...rassamnfrackin...] [nyah hah] [wink]
Turner don't got no "healing" factor. Wolverine is hairy yo. T can heal from "deeper" wounds due to his speeded up system and the fact that he controls and manifests energy/electricity of all types.

As for him healing within the last issue, Glitch had control over his body and was able to reach untaped portions of Turner's abilities.

All and all, Turner is one tough fucker but he doesn't have a wolvie healing factor and HE can be defeated in battle (in fact, I would love to see Turk kick his ass, Pro? How about it? :-p).
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-15 7:01 AM
quote:
Grimm, your story post made me laugh. I agree with Euro, it's nice to see some humor back in the stories amidst all the gloom. Back in the old MBL there was a bit TOO much humor and not enough gloom, whereas the current universe was too much gloom and not enough humor, but I think more recently it's balancing out nicely.

Glad it worked for ya. Yeah, balance is hard to achieve. I think we're getting there, though.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-15 7:02 AM
quote:
Originally posted by GoozX:
quote:
quote:

Turner don't got no "healing" factor. Wolverine is hairy yo. T can heal from "deeper" wounds due to his speeded up system and the fact that he controls and manifests energy/electricity of all types.

As for him healing within the last issue, Glitch had control over his body and was able to reach untaped portions of Turner's abilities.

All and all, Turner is one tough fucker but he doesn't have a wolvie healing factor and HE can be defeated in battle (in fact, I would love to see Turk kick his ass, Pro? How about it? :-p).

Ahh, thanks for the info. Hey, before we go linin' up battles for T again, don't we still owe Sammitch one? [wink]
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-15 7:26 AM
Turkish would slaughter Turner. What would be the motivation, though?
Posted By: GoozX Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-15 3:23 PM
quote:
Turkish would slaughter Turner. What would be the motivation, though?

The battle of the Ts, throw Tobias in there just for some extra fun [wink]

Oh, and Phil will be getting his share soon enough [wink]
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-15 4:24 PM
quote:
Back in the old MBL there was a bit TOO much humor and not enough gloom, whereas the current universe was too much gloom and not enough humor, but I think more recently it's balancing out nicely.

This is why TOMB kicked so much ass. You had people doing a lot of hardcore serious stuff, and then you had people like Llance and Joker1 just having fun and making it possible to laugh while reading. Made for a nice combo (which, in retrospect, I think is why everyone wanted to join TOMB after a while...). [wink]
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-15 4:31 PM
quote:
The gospel according to Grimm:
Hey, before we go linin' up battles for T again, don't we still owe Sammitch one? [wink]

quote:
Thus spake Gooz:
Oh, and Phil will be getting his share soon enough. [wink]

Methinks you are plotting devilish deeds.

Sounds like fun. :lol:
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-15 5:36 PM
Holy Christ! [whaaaa!] This T5 thing is gonna take me longer than I originally though. Just kept coming up with stuff to write. I don't want too much out there at once, so I'll probably come back and end it after lunch.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-15 7:23 PM
. . .more human than human. . .

More on the way. . .
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-16 8:07 AM
Ok, Vengeance/Naecken is done and Vengeance is outta the stories. Next!
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-16 8:22 AM
TOMB:"GET FUNKY!"::Vanguard:"GET 'EM!"
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-16 8:29 AM
Very deus ex machina ending to that Vengeance/Naecken fight, Grimmbo... [izzat so?]
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-16 8:36 AM
Yep. By necessity, Chewy, by necessity. All will make sense in time.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-15 9:04 PM
Or will it? [izzat so?] Dun-dun-duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhh!

Ok. T5 bit is taken care of. Kinda a bit much info there, but.................

Actually, I have no reasoning. There's just some extra stuff there.
Posted By: TheTimeTrust Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-15 9:34 PM
quote:
Supposedly posted by Chewy Walrus:
TOMB:"GET FUNKY!"::Vanguard:"GET 'EM!"

"Vanguard, KICK ASS!"
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-15 10:06 PM
Mine was always "Take 'em down!!". A bit more neutral, and all... [wink] :lol:

Okay, so, Grimmers posted as I was writing (this seems to be a forming trend [wink] ). I referenced the Naecken/Vengeance fight as if just starting, so, ignore whatever qualities of the post that truly conflict with what came before.

I just wanted to get a little fleshing out within the chamber, is all.

As for the "demons" running crazy, we can just say that those are the ones that got through the slim opening.

Grimm, I have no plans on how to close the doors. Rowena and Z are pushing them back through the door. You can use the Pantheon to close it, if you want. Makes no diff to me.

Doc, like the Different stuff. :)
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-15 10:18 PM
Been working on Naecken/Vengeance since last night. . .

I'm of the mind that certain events in the posts are happening concurrently, so there's probably not a whole lot of conflict.

And as much trouble as they were having with the door, there's bound to have been a few escapees.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-15 10:24 PM
quote:
Been working on Naecken/Vengeance since last night. . .

With b-day responsibilities, I just got to write this morning. Was doing so when you posted.

I'm of the mind that certain events in the posts are happening concurrently, so there's probably not a whole lot of conflict.

Absolutely what I'm saying. :)

And as much trouble as they were having with the door, there's bound to have been a few escapees.

Sounds good to me.

Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-15 10:26 PM
quote:
Ok, I was just curious. Is there a way for the "meta coalition" to discover this and free them? Or are they necessary casualties?

I think it's up to whoever wants to write it. or maybe, when Naecken will be dead, the brainwashing factor will wear off.
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-15 11:06 PM
Great stuff today, guys. It's amazing that I even read any of this at all, as I'm working my ass off trying to finish up a butt-load of assignments by tomorrow afternoon. Still, good stuff all around. Look forward to reading more sometime on Wednesday.
"Oh, hell no. . ." Blackwulf said, his accent noticeably absent as his everpresent smile faded away.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-16 4:34 AM
So, you liked, Mxy?
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-16 4:33 PM
I liked... :)

I can't believe that no one has added more to this story. Grimm, Doc, and I seem to be dominating this entire battle (ironic, being we were the ones that really didn't want to do it at all).

Where are you, TTT?

Is CJ out there?

What's happening Mxy?

What's shaking, Euro?

How's it hanging, Gooz?

Where has my little Phil gone?

Isn't anyone going to join in the chaos anymore before we bring it all to an end?

I also can't believe no one has bitched about anything in my last post. Come on, guys! I killed and brought back a character. I turned Velo and LL to stone. I brought in The Order. I used The Courts of Light. I broke the fourth-wall, and made fun of my own stuff.

No one has a single problem with ANY of this? [wink] :lol:
Posted By: GoozX Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-16 5:06 PM
quote:
How's it hanging, Gooz?

Things have been very blah. The break up took its toll, mixed with finals hell and a semester that wouldn't end. But.... After tomorrow all my finals will be over (and tomorrow night, Mala and I will be meeting up to talk about things and well, ya never know [wink] )

quote:
I also can't believe no one has bitched about anything in my last post. Come on, guys! I killed and brought back a character. I turned Velo and LL to stone. I brought in The Order. I used The Courts of Light. I broke the fourth-wall, and made fun of my own stuff.

I'll bitch about it in due time. Just have to catch up to it... [wink] That or I'll simply wait to bitch about people not bitching about it after I post it. :lol:
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-16 5:46 PM
quote:
I... made fun of my own stuff.

I'm supposed to have a problem with this? [wink]
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-16 5:48 PM
quote:
I liked... :)

I can't believe that no one has added more to this story. Grimm, Doc, and I seem to be dominating this entire battle (ironic, being we were the ones that really didn't want to do it at all).

Where are you, TTT?

Is CJ out there?

What's happening Mxy?

What's shaking, Euro?

How's it hanging, Gooz?

Isn't anyone going to join in the chaos anymore before we bring it all to an end?

It's so cool I lean back to enjoy it fully.

I posted about the Strikeforce guys and the EPS, to show their part in the battle.

Now I will wait for your end, and Mxy's one and then I will have two epilogue to do, one about Jack Merlin and one about Raptor.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-16 5:56 PM
One little problem with Goozfort's post. I killed Ishkur on page five. [wink] Otherwise good post and good to see ya finally gettin in.

Here's the lineup on the Annunkai as posted by Euro last talk thread.

quote:
EN.KI (the one known also as Saros), his son MAR.DUK, his grandson NABU (son of Marduk); descendants of En.lil (the leader of the Annunaki invasion that was killed and banned inside Ladnikia, with the Earth name of Azazel, and currently inside Nadia) are his grandaughter IN-ANNA (daughter of the moon god Nannar, not present in Anctartica) and her son NER.GAL. Then we have NINHURSAG, sister of Enki and Enlil, ISHKUR, and NINURTA, both sons of Enlil, UTU, brother of Inanna, ERESHKIGAL wife of Nergal, NINGAL wife of the absent Nannar, and NINLIL wife of the "late" Enlil-Azazel.
Current status:

Enki/Saros: hand just chopped off by Grimm.
Nabu: frozen to death by Aelous.
Nergal: still fighting Drax.
Ishkur: beheaded by Amuck.
Utu: speared by Spike the Human Lawndart.
Ninurta: fighting TC alongside ???

we've yet to see Marduk, Innana, Ninhursag, Erishkigal, Ningal, and Ninlil.
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-16 6:32 PM
I'll be posting an epilogue as well (*gasp!*) provided I can get some time once the story wraps. It'll be a prequel to my prelude of my new team story over at FRINGE Comics on Philsy's Boards. This story, more than any other I'll likely do over there, will have more ties to the HR Universe, including some characters you may (or may not) recognize. Look for F.E.M.M.E. - Prelude sometime around the first of next year, to be followed by a brief "Origin of Jenny Sparks" style story. [wink]

Also, if at all possible, I'd like to see NIN.LIL kept alive for potential use in FRINGE stories... [wink] I gots ideas... [biiiig grin]
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-16 6:42 PM
You and your ideas. . . [wink] Ok, Ninlil to Chewy for $500. That still leaves about five Annunaki (yes, I keep mispelling that) to deal with. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Posted By: GoozX Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-16 6:52 PM
Edited... the villain is now Ningal. It took me soooo long to find the names of the things, let alone see who was still alive and what not [wink]

We need a score board!
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-16 6:57 PM
quote:

I'll post when I get home, you arsebandage. [nyah hah] Got finals going on.

And I want a shot at one of the Annunaki. If there's a free one who's not supposed to live but isn't called by anyone else, I want Phil to eliminiminiminate 'em! [biiiig grin]
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-16 7:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Sammitch:
And I want a shot at one of the Annunaki. If there's a free one who's not supposed to live but isn't called by anyone else, I want Phil to eliminiminiminate 'em! [biiiig grin]

Don't you mean Philiminiminiminate?
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-17 8:00 AM
quote:
Gooz: Edited... the villain is now Ningal.
'Prociate it.

quote:
Gooz: We need a score board!

quote:
Sammitch: And I want a shot at one of the Annunaki. If there's a free one who's not supposed to live but isn't called by anyone else, I want Phil to eliminiminiminate 'em!
Current status:

Enki/Saros: hand just chopped off by Grimm.
Nergal: still fighting Drax.
Ninurta and Ningal: fighting TC.
Ninlil: sold to Chewy for Fringe Comics. Care to write her out, Mr. Walrus?

This leaves open: Marduk, Innana, Ninhursag, and Erishkigal. Call 'em, gents!
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-17 8:57 AM
quote:
Ninlil: sold to Chewy for Fringe Comics. Care to write her out, Mr. Walrus?

I suppose that all depends on when the fight ends. I might be able to post something tomorrow, but as it stands, I'm not too entirely sure. If not, just say that someone 'thought they got her' but couldn't find her body. I'll take care of the rest.

What all can these aliens do? Do they have any sort of super-powers or the like? I think I missed the description and don't wanna wade back through a bunch of stuff to find it... [gulp!]
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-16 9:03 PM
YES!!! Kick-ass use of Pandora, Grimm! That was absolutely suh-weet! Great work!
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-16 10:28 PM
I'm calling Marduk, who will be offed like a little beeyotch sometime tomorrow. [nyah hah]
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-16 10:30 PM
quote:
So, you liked, Mxy?

Completely hated it. Can't stand mischaracterizations of that kind. You dissapoint me, Grimm.
Posted By: Cowgirl Jack Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-16 10:51 PM
quote:
CJ: If only I could read more of your posts. They're short but very good.

Aw thanks! *snif* I'm going to reread everything one more time and then post either tonight or tomorrow evening. I have GOT to get rid of worrying about posting something wrong.

quote:
I Is CJ out there?

Sorry, I should have warned everyone before stuff happened. Basically, exams end tomorrow, which is good, because my head is going to explode. My roommate found ticks...all...over...her...room, so I left and crashed at a friend's apartment for a few days. Both Dakota and myself seem to be okay. But it was so gross. There were hundreds of them, mostly dead or dying, all over her room. Icky. Blood, organs, and other bodily fliuds I can stand, but invertebrates? No way Jose.

Tomorrow I leave in the morning, and I'll be house-sitting at my sister's for about a week, which gives me tons of free time. I'll post so much you'll be sick of me. [wink] But if I don't get to posting tonight, and some of the Vanguard people start attacking that giant robot, go ahead and put Brianna on the attack. I'll carry it all along when I get back.

Lots of love,

CJ
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-16 10:56 PM
I took the liberty of continuing from half of Gooz post, as he often spoke about complete freedom on round robin stories. [wink]

Ningal and Ninurta off.

As for TC, why don't we keep him in a coma-dreamstate-superslowstate until the day his poster will return?
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-16 11:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by I'm Not Mister Mxypltk:
quote:
So, you liked, Mxy?

Completely hated it. Can't stand mischaracterizations of that kind. You dissapoint me, Grimm.
Thanks for setting me straight, sir. It won't happen again. [wink]
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-16 11:04 PM
quote:
YES!!! Kick-ass use of Pandora, Grimm! That was absolutely suh-weet! Great work!

Thanks, man. I was hoping you'd like that.
Posted By: GoozX Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-17 1:18 AM
quote:
I took the liberty of continuing from half of Gooz post, as he often spoke about complete freedom on round robin stories. [wink]

Ningal and Ninurta off.

As for TC, why don't we keep him in a coma-dreamstate-superslowstate until the day his poster will return?

Bastard. You could have at least handled your characters right. Ningal is a chick, not a he and she is not the brother of Ninurta. Ishkur was the brother of Ninurta.
quote:
EN.KI (the one known also as Saros), his son MAR.DUK, his grandson NABU (son of Marduk); descendants of En.lil (the leader of the Annunaki invasion that was killed and banned inside Ladnikia, with the Earth name of Azazel, and currently inside Nadia) are his grandaughter IN-ANNA (daughter of the moon god Nannar, not present in Anctartica) and her son NER.GAL. Then we have NINHURSAG, sister of Enki and Enlil, ISHKUR, and NINURTA, both sons of Enlil, UTU, brother of Inanna, ERESHKIGAL wife of Nergal, NINGAL wife of the absent Nannar, and NINLIL wife of the "late" Enlil-Azazel.
Go fix your post wiseass [nyah hah]

As for Tobias, i think putting the character in a coma when he gets a lot of good use from many different posters is not only stupid but inconsiderate. Plus we have the resident-in-a-coma-member and his name is Sam.

Come on Euro, step on my toes some more bitch [mwah hwah haa] Wait until you see where Mr. Priest is going to end up now. You brought this upon yourself. Round robin? I'll show you round robin.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-17 1:29 AM
Grimm: I, too, loved the closing of the Gates. I was seriously impressed with the efficiency in how you combined The Order and The Pantheon as a single unit. I mean, I enjoy 99.9% of your stuff anyway. But, I sincerly want to say "Good Job". This only reinforces my confidence in giving you access to The Order. Well done indeed.

You and Chewy should get together and do a Pantheon solo story...

Gooz : Back in the saddle again... [wink] Good stuff. Can't wait to see what you write over the break.

Euro : Man, when I started reading your last post, I gave a mighty 'raised-fist' "EURO!!!" But, once I had finished it, I had to compliment you. You sucked me right in. Good job. [biiiig grin]

Ozzy : You suck...
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-17 1:33 AM
quote:
quote:

Ningal and Ninurta off.

Bastard. You could have at least handled your characters right. Ningal is a chick, not a he and she is not the brother of Ninurta. Ishkur was the brother of Ninurta.
quote:

As for Tobias, i think putting the character in a coma when he gets a lot of good use from many different posters is not only stupid but inconsiderate. Plus we have the resident-in-a-coma-member and his name is Sam.

Come on Euro, step on my toes some more bitch [mwah hwah haa] Wait until you see where Mr. Priest is going to end up now. You brought this upon yourself. Round robin? I'll show you round robin.

::Everyone slowly slides their chairs back from the table...:: [whaaaa!]
Posted By: GoozX Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-17 1:50 AM
Heh. [biiiig grin]

Euro, I hope you don't mind that I brough Ed's family into the fight. I hope you don't mind even more that I killed Ed's long lost cousin, I bet you didn't even know he had a cousin, well, he did. Now, he doesn't.

I was gonna destroy Ed's old resturant with a stray metor pebble, but checking back, you already did that (fire not metor, heh).

Pro: Very glad to be back. I'm going to enjoy writing Ozzie very much, Grimm gave me the low down on him, very cool and different than your usual flare (you beginning to become ME in your old age?).

Euro, clean fun, no having Priest make out with Dragracer or anything. [nyah hah]
Posted By: GoozX Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-17 1:53 AM
Pro, you back on AIM yet? We gotta catch up sometime soon.
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-17 2:12 AM
quote:

This.

I like the sound of this...
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-17 2:28 AM
quote:
Pro: Very glad to be back. I'm going to enjoy writing Ozzie very much, Grimm gave me the low down on him, very cool and different than your usual flare (you beginning to become ME in your old age?).

Cool. I hope you enjoy Ozzy. I just wanted to keep it simple with this character. I did my 'mystery-guy' with Prometheus, my '90's-guy' with Foreman, and my own version of sorcery with Turkish. With Ozzy, I just want a simple guy with a simple ability.

Have fun with him.
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-17 6:35 AM
Posted. Don't get too attached. All the stuff I'm writing in this issue is a build up to things that will happen in FRINGE Comics. You'll get an epilogue outta me and that's that. (Oh, and I do plan on using Grissom in my epilogue, 'cuz, contrary to what you might think, I'm starting to miss writing that guy... [wink] )
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-17 6:59 AM
quote:
quote:

Ningal and Ninurta off.

quote:

About Tobias, it was just a suggestion. My idea, is that if the various posters begins to use him too often, they could transform him beyond TC the poster intentions. I don't think it's wise to keep a character around when his poster has gone, but has stated that eventually will return. We can keep the character active, but without using him too often in missions, altough, being him one (the most?) powerful member of Vanguard, it would be difficult having him always behind.

About Ningal, I wrote the post with Ishkur, following your own. After I posted it, some hours later, when I had the chance, I found that you had to change the name. I quickly edited the name, but had not the time to check other miscrepancies.

I will edit it in a few hours, when I 'll got the time to do it.

Also, if you had something important to do with them, I have no problem into wiping off my whole post. I was merely following your statement at the beginning of last story, when you assured "total freedom".

As I said, I have no problem into deleting my post, just ask. :)
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-17 7:06 AM
quote:
Heh. [biiiig grin]

Euro, I hope you don't mind that I brough Ed's family into the fight. I hope you don't mind even more that I killed Ed's long lost cousin, I bet you didn't even know he had a cousin, well, he did. Now, he doesn't.

I was gonna destroy Ed's old resturant with a stray metor pebble, but checking back, you already did that (fire not metor, heh).

Euro, clean fun, no having Priest make out with Dragracer or anything. [nyah hah]

Goozie, I respond to you now, before having read the story, just to assure you that I don't mind at all what happens in the stories. I don't know yet what you mean about Euro's family, being him orphan and with no brothers or sisters, and with parents so peculiar that I guess a large family like the old Euro would be un-probable.

A distant cousing? Fun. Killed? Fun. Euro didn't knew about him? Where's the sadness in that? [mwah hwah haa]
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-17 7:12 AM
Now I read the post. Cool one, and COOL having Priest in the fold. My only gripe is the name, Nichole is English, change it to Nicoletta. [mwah hwah haa] [wink] [nyah hah] [biiiig grin] :lol:

Chewy, GREAT post. :) :)
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-17 7:17 AM
I was thinking something, Gooz. A true "relative" of Euro IS on the battlefield, and is Baaghrupta, that was the pet demon of Euro's mommy.

Killing him would have been very shocking, for Euro and for the readers (and you, being a co creator, would have all the right to kill him). But I'm glad you didn't. [nyah hah]
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-17 7:30 AM
quote:
Chewy, GREAT post. :) :)

Heh. Thanks. (You see where I'm headed with this, right? [wink] )

Oh, and Bhaghhh-rupth is too friggin' cool! Love is one of the funnest projects I've worked on for this forum yet! [wink] [nyah hah] :lol:
Posted By: GoozX Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-17 5:05 PM
The name change will be made quickly. No need to delete your post, I was just poking fun back at ya for the round robin comment, I fully agree that there should be complete freedom and worked my ideas around it.

I could NEVER EVER EVER kill Big B, and if someone does, I just might leave Rob's Board forever. Tis true. I have a special place in my heart for the big ninja turtle. And not only is he one of the oldest characters still with the team ( [wink] ) but he has changed a great deal from Lord of the flies to Lord of the Dance.

As for Nicoletta, I think this might be good story/idea wise for Euro. He does have possible family (adopted family of course, but that is still family) and to lose a family member that you have never even met is very hard and sad. And to lose them in a battle that you could have been fighting and possibly saved them would crush the old Euro.

An interesting angle on how he wasn't even involved in the battle, yet it caused him a personal loss. Being a hero sucks. I just hope you don't push this under the rug and make like it didn't happen.

My original idea was to have Tobias in a direct combat with the two aliens and handling himself well, when a thrid one attacks, breaking his leg and leaving him pretty defenseless. Priest was going to arrive and give his all to save Tobias (who doesn't like him at all - still b/c the Danny stuff).

But I shall push foward without the epic battle i was going to write.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-17 6:07 PM
quote:
Grimm: I, too, loved the closing of the Gates. I was seriously impressed with the efficiency in how you combined The Order and The Pantheon as a single unit. I mean, I enjoy 99.9% of your stuff anyway. But, I sincerly want to say "Good Job". This only reinforces my confidence in giving you access to The Order. Well done indeed.

[whaaaa!] [biiiig grin] wow. . .massive props. thanks, man. Now about that 0.01%. . . [wink] [nyah hah]

quote:

well, I'm a little busy at the moment, but. . .you never know. [wink]

Euro: you trying to give us all heart attacks? [nyah hah] [wink]

Chewy: Good stuff! Have you seen Kill Bill recently?

Gooz: [whaaaa!] vicious. . .
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-17 7:57 PM
quote:
The name change will be made quickly. No need to delete your post, I was just poking fun back at ya for the round robin comment, I fully agree that there should be complete freedom and worked my ideas around it.

I could NEVER EVER EVER kill Big B, and if someone does, I just might leave Rob's Board forever. Tis true. I have a special place in my heart for the big ninja turtle. And not only is he one of the oldest characters still with the team ( [wink] ) but he has changed a great deal from Lord of the flies to Lord of the Dance.

As for Nicoletta, I think this might be good story/idea wise for Euro. He does have possible family (adopted family of course, but that is still family) and to lose a family member that you have never even met is very hard and sad. And to lose them in a battle that you could have been fighting and possibly saved them would crush the old Euro.

An interesting angle on how he wasn't even involved in the battle, yet it caused him a personal loss. Being a hero sucks. I just hope you don't push this under the rug and make like it didn't happen.

My original idea was to have Tobias in a direct combat with the two aliens and handling himself well, when a thrid one attacks, breaking his leg and leaving him pretty defenseless. Priest was going to arrive and give his all to save Tobias (who doesn't like him at all - still b/c the Danny stuff).

But I shall push foward without the epic battle i was going to write.

Nicoletta will not be forgotten, I will have Euro dealing with that in the Christmast special. Is Euro an adopted son in the HR Universe? Surely lately I have always written Euro as one that grew with his true parents, and that loose them in an incident when he was a young adult (around twenty or something). I will have to go back and read the first story, to see if in the beginning I presented him differently.

About the Lord of the Dance, I too am in love with the character, and don't want to see any harm done to him. :)
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-18 8:01 AM
quote:
Euro: you trying to give us all heart attacks? [nyah hah] [wink]

Well, yes, that was the intention. [wink]

Chewy: Good stuff! Have you seen Kill Bill recently?I don't know Chewy, but I did, and I found it fantastic. In fact, my post about Agent Zeta of the Mandelovian Elite Guards wreacking havoc in the Nibiru was a byproduct of watching that movie.

Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-17 11:33 PM
I can see that. . .enjoyed it a lot myself.

Saw Return of the King last night, in fact. Now I'm itching for some epic medieval battles. . .
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-18 1:13 AM
That's funny - I'm considering reviving my fantasy-based Elseworlds story. [wink]
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-18 4:33 AM
The latest score says:
Enki/Saros: arm just chopped off by Grimm.
Nergal: still fighting Drax. Does anybody care to finish this one off? I'm kinda busy with other stuff at the moment.
Ninurta and Ningal: Daid.
Ninlil: Gone to find her husband.
Marduk: offed like a beeyotch by Philsy.
Erishkigal: death by Nuriko.
This leaves open: Innana and Ninhursag. Call 'em, gents!

Sammitch, I liked the post. Still a little too much expositional dialogue, but you used it well to illustrate Phil's feelings and tied it in nicely. Liked the punch in the face bit. Nice mix of seriousness and humor. I also dug Phil using his mental abilities to fight Marduk, then cacking him with the guns.
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-18 4:43 AM
quote:
well, I'm a little busy at the moment, but. . .you never know. [wink]

Well, y'know, I was planning on doing something with the Pantheon over at FRINGE, if you'd care to get on board at some point... [wink]

quote:
From the annals of the mind of Grimmbo:
Chewy: Good stuff! Have you seen Kill Bill recently?

Was it that obvious? [wink]
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-18 5:40 AM
To a hardcore Tarantino buff like me? Just a little. . . [wink]

I think I'll pm you. I'm actually starting to get an idea or two on this.
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-18 8:24 AM
Sammitch, very cool fight between Phil and Marduck. I liked it a lot.

You did just a mistake (very insignificant), Constantin is not a Strikeforce 1 member, he is a meta visiting la Perdita for his holydays, that answered the call of the EPS. I am stating tyhis just because I don't want the error carrying on post after post (and just because there are things I want to do with the character later).
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-18 6:00 PM
Grimm: Thank ya! [biiiig grin] Since I actually haven't written Phil in a fight in a while, I wanted to add some variety and different dimensions to the action, rather than Phil just going full metal jacket all the time.

Euro: How the hell was I supposed to know that? [nyah hah] If you're doing more work with the character, I'm sure you'll be able to fix whatever confusion I've brought up.
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-18 9:55 PM
quote:
Euro: How the hell was I supposed to know that? [nyah hah]

What kind of question is that? You would have known reading the previous posts, the one in which Constantin answered the call of the EPS, and the one where he saved the Strikeforce members. Even in Chewy's post is enough clear that just his companion of the snowcat is a Strikeforcer, and not him.

Reading the posts of the other writers could be a very good way to improve your own. [mwah hwah haa]
[wink] [nyah hah] [biiiig grin] :lol: :lol: :lol:
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-18 10:35 PM
quote:
The latest score says:
Enki/Saros: arm just chopped off by Grimm.
Nergal: still fighting Drax. Does anybody care to finish this one off? I'm kinda busy with other stuff at the moment.
Ninurta and Ningal: Daid.
Ninlil: Gone to find her husband.
Marduk: offed like a beeyotch by Philsy.
Erishkigal: death by Nuriko.
This leaves open: Innana and Ninhursag. Call 'em, gents!

I may be wrong, but I think that everyone had his chance at fighting the Annunaki minus Priest, which has just arrived, and Banshee, considering the characters with a poster, so I guess those two should be reserved for them.

As for Drax, today I tried to write it, but didn't come with anything passable. [sad] [sad] [sad]
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-19 12:05 AM
quote:
Reading the posts of the other writers could be a very good way to improve your own. [mwah hwah haa]

Philsy... I believe this is what we call being "called out"... [wink] [mwah hwah haa]
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-19 1:52 AM
You know I never read others' posts. [nyah hah]

Yeah, that explains everything. :lol:
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-19 1:53 AM
I'm sorry, did the Italian say something? [wink]

Actually... ummm... [gulp!]

I can't read or write. [sad]
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-19 5:37 AM
No no. You write very well. :lol:
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-19 2:16 PM
Ooooooooooooooooooooh! Dis! :lol:
Posted By: Cowgirl Jack Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-19 6:46 PM
Banshee can aid Drax. It would be an interesting team-up, to the say the least.
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-20 8:26 AM
Very cool post, Jack.
Posted By: Cowgirl Jack Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-20 8:43 AM
The Cowgirl does what she can. [wink]
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-20 6:00 AM
I'm up at my mom's for the weekend. Then I'll be off in Texas for the rest of the week. Don't know how often I'll get to check the boards and post. Kinda why I wanted to start the Christmas Special thread a while back. But it was only going to take us a week to end the epic battle of hundreds of metas against thousands of robots, aliens, and an demon lord. [yuh huh]

But, in case I don't get a chance to say it later, Merry Christmas everybuddy!
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-20 6:12 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Cowgirl Jack:
Banshee can aid Drax. It would be an interesting team-up, to the say the least.

Thanks, Jackie. Very nicely done.

Doc: "I don't know about that thing, but girls like movies." :lol: Heeeelarious!

Where's TTT disappeared off to? Wasn't he supposed to be starting the Xmas special? I think we kinda need to get the ball rolling on that one, you know?
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-20 8:43 AM
Ok, handing off to Pro on the Naecken bit.

Please, I'm asking nicely here, No one else touch the Grimm/Naecken fight.
Posted By: GoozX Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-20 2:36 PM
quote:
Now I'm itching for some epic medieval battles. . .

Funny, thats the Sam story i would like to get to at some point.

:)
Posted By: GoozX Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-20 2:37 PM
Oh, and I have been MIA the last two days because I spent them in bed with my Ex-Mala.

Funny how that happens. [cool] [biiiig grin] [eh... i dunno... ] [sad] :) [humina humina] [DOH!]
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-20 3:35 PM
Good work, Goozfort. [wink] [biiiig grin]
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-20 4:42 PM
'And it's the Gooz-meister! Scoring at home! The Gooz-man, gettin' his freak on! Goozy Gooz Gooz Gooooooooooooz, with the...

[gulp!]

Sorry.

[no no no]

Can we just go ahead and fire up the Christmas story now? That way, all of us can get at least some posting in, and we'd have some general direction. Just a thought.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-20 5:30 PM
quote:
Oh, and I have been MIA the last two days because I spent them in bed with my Ex-Mala.

Funny how that happens.

I TOLD you, didn't I?

Awesome, Gooz. I'm proud. :) [woooOOOOoooo!]
-I'll begin the final battle tonight....or, in the morning....

And, I'm down with beginning the X-Mas special at any time.
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-20 6:38 PM
quote:

Funny how that happens. [cool] [biiiig grin] [eh... i dunno... ] [sad] :) [humina humina] [DOH!]

Well done, Goozie. [wink]
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-20 6:44 PM
quote:
Can we just go ahead and fire up the Christmas story now? That way, all of us can get at least some posting in, and we'd have some general direction. Just a thought.

I think Pro and Mxy could still end this story in time for starting wednsday the Chrsitmast one, like TTT hoped to. If not, I would say to start it now, but to not screw anything, we would need to know who will be back from Antarctica.

Mxy has stated that there will be the wedding special before, so, for the Chrsitmas story, Mick and Shirley will be around, or will they be on honeymoon? Will Priest be at La Perdita or looking for Danny?
Posted By: GoozX Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-20 10:12 PM
quote:
Will Priest be at La Perdita or looking for Danny?

...or will he be even breathing... [mwah hwah haa]
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-20 11:07 PM
quote:
Mxy has stated that there will be the wedding special before, so, for the Chrsitmas story, Mick and Shirley will be around, or will they be on honeymoon?

They won't be around. Please avoid mentioning anything about them in the Christmas story.
Posted By: GoozX Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-20 11:32 PM
Wow, that was my longest post in a while. Only three word pages, but hey, I gotta slowly get back into the swing of things. [wink]

I just suddenly have a new surge of creativity. [wink] :lol:

And thanks for all of the kind comments. :)
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-21 12:28 AM
Hey guys, just so you know, right after Pro's upcoming big post there's something very important I need to post. So, please, if you wanna add something between Pro's post and mine, don't change the status quo much, ok? It's really important.
I say this because I might not be able to post until monday.
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-21 3:33 AM
Man, Gooz! You've taken the death count this issue up to two! DAMN YOU! [AAAHHHH!!!] [wink]
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-21 6:11 AM
Posted. Hope it's to everyone's liking. [cool]
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-21 6:16 AM
Not bad, man... but... uh... I don't think Gooz wanted Priest to live, man. Did you see his post at the top of this page? I think that was supposed to be Priest's "out", man...

If I was you, I'd either rework the last part of that post or make the man go into cardiac arrest in your next post...
Posted By: GoozX Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-21 6:27 AM
Actually Chewy, the Captain knows exactly what I wanted and very nicely handled the situation! Great job man, love the post!

Just because we have some solo stuff occuring within the story does not mean others can't continue and further it. :)
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-21 6:47 AM
quote:
quote:
Will Priest be at La Perdita or looking for Danny?

...or will he be even breathing... [mwah hwah haa]
As for breathing, it seems he IS breathing...

...the same can be applied to the turtle? [eh... i dunno... ]
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-21 7:01 AM
So, just Inanna is left? The goddess of War and Love?

I guess that from a storytelling point, she has to be offed BEFORE Pro's upcoming massive post, so I will try to post something today.

Has anyone seen TTT lately?
Posted By: GoozX Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-21 9:25 AM
quote:
...the same can be applied to the turtle? [eh... i dunno... ]

THE LORD OF THE FLIES and dance can take a whole lot more pain and damage than that. Old B might have to take a few days off, but he'll be fine, thanks to Priest's last minute save.

Ya see, this was all my trick. Have Priest save a beloved character so people finally accept him as a teammember [wink] :lol:
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-21 12:48 PM
quote:
Actually Chewy, the Captain knows exactly what I wanted and very nicely handled the situation! Great job man, love the post!

Oh... [gulp!] ...oops.

Sorry 'bout that, Philsy...
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-21 5:13 PM
Why does everyone assume that my next post is going to be "massive"? It might be only three lines........YOU don't know!

...dammit... [...rassamnfrackin...]

:lol: [wink]
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-21 6:55 PM
Three lines from you would be very... unusual. :lol:
Posted By: GoozX Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-21 7:50 PM
I hope no one minds me going ahead and freeing the brainwashed army. I had begun the set up in my post with Griss and I thought that this way not only made sense but also forced the two teams to work together.

Also, I hope Phil doesn't mind that I fucked with his character's hair cut [wink]
Posted By: GoozX Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-21 9:09 PM
I would like to offically call the last post in the X-Mas Issue and the next official issue.

Thank you and have a nice day :)
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-21 10:38 PM
Okay, posted.

The rest is up to Mxy and Grimmly.

After I posted, I read where Gooz had Phil out. Well, let's just say that he got better for a little while. Long enough for the scenes in my post. Is that okay?

BTW, I've also got an 'out' for the LLance and Velo things. So, no one panic....
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-21 10:39 PM
quote:
Three lines from you would be very... unusual. :lol:

(*sigh*)...I know.... [wink] :lol:
Posted By: GoozX Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-21 10:55 PM
So much for three lines...

Pro, as always you impress. Great job man. Really great job.

Oh, and I might be back with some good news in a little while. :)
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-22 12:13 AM
Nicely done, gents.
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-22 6:49 AM
I officially ask the last post in this story, BEFORE the epilogues.
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-22 6:59 AM
Great start with the special, I love it.

(And if anyone wonder, I have not yet read the main story, so I don't give the usual praise to Pro. Yet.)
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-22 1:29 PM
ok, so it's mxy, then me, then euro, then the epilogues? that right?
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-22 7:27 PM
Yes, I guess so.

Pro, great post. As usual you bend any character to your own schemes (Merlin is codenamed "The Walker" because he walks on air, but it was so cool his crawl toward safety that I don't argue), but the final product is fantastic.
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-22 7:29 PM
I ask also for one thing: the Annunaki Inanna has not appeared in the story; probably she has perished under the fall of the Nibiru, but please nobody touches her. I have something in mind.
Posted By: TheTimeTrust Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-22 10:54 PM
*sigh*

Sorry, everyone. My computer crashed last week, and I am using the Library computer right now. [sad]

I see Grimm's gone ahead and started the Christmas Special -- very good! I don't know how soon I'll be back, so it's possible I may miss out on that story altogether (though I hope not).

BTW, I still have something to write in issue #14 -- dealing with the leftover subplot of the intruder in Vanguard Complex. Euro knows what I intended for this, but I have written it and will put it in the blank slot that I left on one of the pages in the story, so don't delete it. And don't mention anything about the intruder subplot or "Agent X" at all, please. Thanks. Oh, and I won't be able to post that one post I wanted to until I get my own computer back and working, as this stupid Library computer doesn't have any option for floppy disks [...rassamnfrackin...] and I don't want to try re-writing that post from memory here (it's long).

Anyway, I hope to be back soon, and I hope the Christmas Special isn't over by that time. Seeyas.

-TTT
Posted By: Cowgirl Jack Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-24 2:38 AM
right...i'm having trouble viewing some of the posts, so hopefully by posting here it may clear things up...
Posted By: Cowgirl Jack Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-24 2:52 AM
so...apparently i can't see anything...
Posted By: TheTimeTrust Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-24 9:07 AM
Hey, weren't there some more posts after mine? And what happened to pages 7 through 10 of the story?!? I have them saved in case they need to be posted again.

BTW, in case my last post (from today) didn't take, I'm back. I'm on AIM as "The Time Trust" for as long as I'm on this other computer (my original one needs to be fixed).
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-24 9:55 AM
Good going on the Christmast story, folks.

Just in case I will not have the time to get on-line later, Merry Christmast to everyone.
Posted By: TheTimeTrust Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-24 10:46 AM
"Don't Call Me 'Tiny'" Tim Trust also wishes to convey his Christmas wishes: "God bless us, everyone."

BTW, since Mxy's last post was deleted during all the board switch-overs along with all the other recent posts, I reposted it as well as my own post (which was the third time I tried to post it -- I hope the damn thing TAKES this time...)
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-24 4:57 PM
Ok, posted in the main story. . .looks like the new boards is working finally. I guess this means that Gooz and I will have to repost our Christmas story posts. . .

Very tired at the moment, been working all night.

Welcome back TTT.
Posted By: GoozX Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-24 7:22 PM
Dead?
Posted By: Cowgirl Jack Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-24 7:48 PM
Okay, I can read other people's post now!

Merry Christmas! I hope I get a car!
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-24 8:25 PM
Grimm : Fantastic job with Naecken's death. Very brutal and to the point. Now, I suggest you seek psychiatric help for whatever pent-up rage that burns within you....

Mxy : Brilliant. Loved the entire flavor of your posts. 'The limbo between posts' comment was hilarious. So, now, what's up with killing Mick? Damn you, this had better be just a fake-out, or something! DON'T TAKE MICK/MXY AWAY!!

And, hey, Merry Christmas !!

CJ, good luck with the car....
Thanks, Pro.

Wait n' see.
Posted By: TheTimeTrust Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-24 10:15 PM
Just to show how dedicated I am, guys and gal, I stayed up until 4 AM last night (the day before Christmas Eve, no less) catching up on all the posts in the story, and I'm very impressed. Now I'm [censored] tired.

Pro: Great use of The Time Trust and the Courts of Light, man! It was completely unexpected but well-placed nonetheless. The Time Trust himself was a kind of Deus Ex Machina (literally the "God in the Machine" ), though this wasn't the first time he was used that way. I enjoyed the use of the Order a great deal as well. Hell, I enjoyed all of the stuff you did.

Gooz: We finally got to see you writing again more regularly since the beginning of issue #13, and the wait was worth it. Good use of the Annunaki and Priest's (almost) death-scene was touching. Thanks for explaining the whole deal with him and Kit Piper -- it finally makes sense now.

thedoctor: Great use of the B-Team, and the Adem Different stuff was amazing -- this is a really intriguing character you've introduced. I'm still not quite sure how to write him myself, but I'm taking notes. Still, the best thing you've written so far has to be the Jerome Saunders subplot -- it was fairly minor in the context of the story but really added a dose of realistic behavior to it. Not everyone's cut out to be a hero, meta or no meta powers, and even "cowards" have their chance to make a difference.

Chewy: I was very pleased to see you throw in a post of your own in there. I hope to be surprised like that more often in the future... Anytime you want to write something in the story, man, please do so.

CaptainSammitch: Like Gooz, I'm glad to see you having more time to post -- that whole "Marduk" situation was made more interesting with the touches of history you threw in, there. The Annunaki have been treated mostly as simply powerful aliens, but that post made me remember that they were around for the dawn of the human race some 35,000 to 40,000 years ago and have been manipulating humanity ever since.

Cowgirl Jack: Great interplay with Bree and Drax -- these kinds of posts are why I enjoy your writing so much. Your Christmas Special posts were good, too.

The Eurostar: Usually I'd tell you over AIM what I thought of your posts, but since I've been away for a while, I figured I'd say it here. Though I could guess what was happening to Saros when he seemingly "killed" everyone and succeeded in turning the world into a literal "Hell on Earth," I enjoyed the way you wrote it out. The Adalia Perigord stuff was awesome.

Grimm: You are the master of suspenseful action, man. I wish I had more time right now to go more into that, but let's just leave it at this: Your posts rock. (Good ideas for the Christmas Special, too.)

Mxy: I saved you for (almost) last because the Mr. Smith stuff you wrote was simply mind-blowing. 'Nuff said. It's too bad the [censored] censor censored out a lot of the shitty words you used.

TTT: Your post was self-serving despite its being a wrap-up of the earlier Mandelovia sub-plot, was WAY TOO LONG, and slowed down the suspensefulness of the story built up by Pro and Mxy. You're running into the danger of isolating your characters away from the rest of the team. Still, the Agent X stuff was interesting, though somewhat implausible.
Posted By: TheTimeTrust Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-25 12:38 AM
GRIMM: It looks like your last post on the CHRISTMAS SPECIAL is gone. You'd better re-post that ASAP if you have it saved on your computer.
Thanks, TTT. And don't listen to TTT, your big ass post with Axel and Dr. Quantos was excellent. The stuff related to the Mandelovian Time Travel Porject gets more and more intriguing. Which reminds me that I can't wait to see your next post in the Krononauts thread...
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-25 1:51 AM
I liked the part with the donkey and stuff.
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-25 2:17 AM
Quote:

Grimm : Fantastic job with Naecken's death. Very brutal and to the point. Now, I suggest you seek psychiatric help for whatever pent-up rage that burns within you....

Don't make me angry, Pro. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry. . .;) I see you found time to check the boards. How's the holiday?
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-25 2:22 AM
Quote:

GRIMM: It looks like your last post on the CHRISTMAS SPECIAL is gone. You'd better re-post that ASAP if you have it saved on your computer.

Unfortunately, I don't. I'm gonna have to redo it from scratch. . . oh, well. . .btw,

Quote:

Grimm: You are the master of suspenseful action, man. I wish I had more time right now to go more into that, but let's just leave it at this: Your posts rock. (Good ideas for the Christmas Special, too.)

Uh. . .damn. . .thanks, man. I appreciate it.

All of you guys are really good, and being around all of you and learning from you makes me improve. You're the best message board superheroes ever. Happy Holidays to you all.
Posted By: Britannica Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-25 3:17 AM
To all at Hero Revolution and MBL

MERRY X-MEN... eh... X-MAS!

Have a safe and Happy Holidays!

From everyone at JLR
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-25 7:00 AM
Quote:

The Time Trust himself was a kind of Deus Ex Machina (literally the "God in the Machine" )

Actually, it's literally "God from the Machine", but I'll let it slide...

Quote:

Chewy: I was very pleased to see you throw in a post of your own in there. I hope to be surprised like that more often in the future... Anytime you want to write something in the story, man, please do so.

Thanks. I might take you up on that. Right now, I'm gonna be busy with FRINGE stuff, but I will be posting an epilogue in the current story as a lead in to my newest FRINGE team. So, expect more soon, but beyond that... who's to say...
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-25 9:13 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-25 10:34 AM
Merry Christmast to you all, guys.

Great posts in the Naecken story, especially Mxy, I know what was going to happen, yet I was excited by it. I will try to add the end this afternoon, if I will have survived my mother-in-law's Christmas dinner.
Posted By: TheTimeTrust Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-25 10:37 AM
Quote:

Quote:

The Time Trust himself was a kind of Deus Ex Machina (literally the "God in the Machine" )

Actually, it's literally "God from the Machine", but I'll let it slide...

Better watch that, Chewy, or you're liable to become the official Hero HQ "nitpick"...
Posted By: Kristogar Velo Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-25 12:46 PM
Quote:

Merry Christmast to you all, guys.

What's with the spelling?
Posted By: GoozX Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-25 6:25 PM
God bless us everyone! Happy Holidays to all and to all a good night

(does anyone else think its weird that all th emissing PMs are back! Its like a Christmas miracle!!!)
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-25 8:06 PM
Quote:

Better watch that, Chewy, or you're liable to become the official Hero HQ "nitpick"...

With you and Euro around? I'm not worried!

Actually, as a Greek minor, misinterpretation of foreign languages (especially the Greek language, but occasionally Latin as well) is one of the very few things that subtly irks me. But I'm getting better.
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-25 8:28 PM
Just finished catching up with everything that was posted over the last couple of days (been so busy at work this has been my first opportunity to do so). Kudos to Grimm, Mxy, and TTT on a superb batch of posts! Masterfully done, all! Simply fabulous! TTT, I loved the Axel/Grissom interaction. I can't see him really liking kids to begin with, but especially not in a high-stress situation like that. Grimm, awesome job with the Naecken death scene. Fabulous! And, Mxy... AWESOME! There aren't enough words to tell you how flippin' cool that 'balancing' of Smith post was. Well done, indeed!

A very Merry Christmas to you all and the hopes of a blessed New Year to you all! May God bless and keep you in His grace and love!
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-25 10:03 PM
Thanks, Chew. Let me just add to Mxy, GREAT stuff, with the balancing of Smith, the use of Tayden, the team's discovery of Mick's body(?!). Excellent stuff.

Overall, I'd say this has been one of our more consistently good stories, everybody's really been putting forth an effort to do something special. Good work, people.
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-26 12:34 AM
Posted the end.

I did a very minor reference to Lance and Velo still being made of stone. I think I have read that Pro will take care of the situation, if that was uspposed to happen BEFORE they left, I can edit that line.

I see that in Mxy post TC has apparently healed from his wounds, a thing not surprising, considering his faster metabolism.
But I still think that, being him without a poster, we should either:
1) Have him leaving Vanguard
2) Loose temporarly his power and become a supporting character.
I would like to hear from everybody on that subject.

I will post an epilogue regarding the Strikeforce, I fear it will be huge and will take a few days to be written properly.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-26 3:00 AM
Euro, great ending. I really enjoyed seeing the whole 'Red/Green Naecken' thing played out to its logical end. Very well done, man.

BTW, one day, I'll have to get this new Naecken and Rowena together for a discussion on 'Life'...

And, yes, I do indeed have a plan for what to do with Velo and LLance. However, it's not one that will return them to normal. I'm thinking, since it looks like Velo and LL won't be back for awhile, I'll just 'move them out' with the pertrified concept. Unless someone's against this. If so, speak up.

As for Tobias Christopher, I have ideas of how to remove him, if anyone wants. However, I also find him fun to play with as a 'background' character. He's my Flash fix. So, either way is fine with me. But, if the consensus is that he goes, then, I would like to do it. Anyone else?

All in all, really good story guys. However, I'm still waiting to see what Mxy has up his sleeves...
Posted By: TheTimeTrust Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-26 5:31 AM
I know Mxy wanted Larry Lance to be the best man at Mick and Shirley's wedding, though I really have no idea what plans he has for that any longer. Mxy keeps his cards carefully guarded...

Kristogar Velo the poster will probably continue to use his character in solo stories.

Tobias Christopher the poster has not written with the group for several months now (almost a year, I think) as he's very busy with RPGs on Moorg's board, so let's just get rid of his character, already. It's time to flush out all the old, unused stuff and continue on with the dynamic of the new characters we have now. Still, don't kill off T.C. in case Tobias ever rejoins us for real.

Also, I think if we still want to do Chance's funeral, it HAS to be in an epilogue in issue #14, NOT in the Christmas Special, which is another animal entirely and in which it wouldn't really fit in. I hope, Prometheus, that you write all or at least most of Kristofer Schanz's funeral as you mentioned you wanted to do. I think you'd do a good job at it.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-26 5:44 AM
Quote:

I think Mxy wanted Larry Lance to be the best man at Mick and Shirley's wedding, though I really have no idea what plans he has for that any longer.

That's cool. I'll 'fix' LL before the wedding (if there's a wedding).

Kristogar Velo the poster will probably continue to use his character in solo stories.

*sigh* Fine. I'll fix him, too.

Tobias Christopher the poster has not written with the group for several months now (almost a year, I think) as he's very busy with RPGs on Moorg's board, so let's just get rid of his character, already. It's time to flush out all the old, unused stuff and continue on with the dynamic of the new characters we have now. Still, don't kill off T.C. in case Tobias ever rejoins us for real.

I would never kill TC off. I enjoy the character too much.

But, unless there are other objections, I'll write him out in an epilogue.

Also, I think if we still want to do Chance's funeral, it HAS to be in an epilogue in issue #14, NOT in the Christmas Special, which is another animal entirely and in which it wouldn't really fit in. I hope, Prometheus, that you write all or at least most of Kristofer Schanz's funeral as you mentioned you wanted to do. I think you'd do a good job at it.

Well, I think I'd probably enjoy writing it. However, coming so long (real time) since he actually died, the emotional impact has waned a bit in me. I'll go back and re-read everything, and see if I can cobble something worthy together...

Posted By: The Left Hand Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-26 6:00 AM
You are all doomed. Stay out of Mandelovia.
Pro, I kind of need Lance for my ... Special, and I really need KV. Besides, I know that KV the poster is planning to do some solo stories with his character soon, and from the little he's told me I'm looking forward to that.
Posted By: GoozX Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-26 8:17 AM
As for Tobias, I OBJECT! He is one of the characters that in my opinion has become the stable MBL/Vanguardian member (sorta like JLA's Martian Manhunter). Not only do I really enjoy writing him, but I feel that we have fleshed him out so well and have spent so much time in writing and developing him that it would be a waste to write him out. Personally, I think I have written the TC character just as much as my own creations and I would be very saddened by not having him as a part of the team.

Is it really such a hassle for him to be included? Even if only as a supporting character, or one that comes and goes (with his speed thats no problem).

My vote is that he stays until his writer writes him out. His writer could have easily written him out (as Danny did for example), but instead made a concious choice to keep him as part of the line up.

My $0.02.
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-26 11:01 AM
My fear is that we could change him beyond his creator intentions. In the first stories he was a grim character, coming from a life on street and the killing of his girlfriend. Plus, when he returned brought the news that he had found his son... now he hangs around as a very joyful character...

I wouldn't have problem keeping him around as a supporting character (an organization like Vanguard should have dozens, I think), but only if depowered. With his powers, he is the most powerful of them all, and having him not coming into the mission would make no sense.

The one poster one character rule could seems a stupid thing, but at the least is a way to make our stories easier, without too many characters to understand, remember and render correctly.

I have never understood the B team members, but I can ignore them as they are just a peripheral concept of our Universe. The same could be not applied for the mebers of Vanguard. So, less there are, easier is for everyone to grasp them well. Also, less core characters are around, quicker an interplay not superficial can be created among them.

My €0,01
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-26 6:02 PM
Quote:

You are all doomed. Stay out of Mandelovia.

Ooga booga.
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-26 7:15 PM
I have posted a first row of epilogues, taking care of leftover plot points. I have still to post a bigger epilogue for the Strikeforce and Jack Merlin.
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-26 7:21 PM
Quote:

Quote:

I think Mxy wanted Larry Lance to be the best man at Mick and Shirley's wedding, though I really have no idea what plans he has for that any longer.

That's cool. I'll 'fix' LL before the wedding (if there's a wedding).

*sigh* Fine. I'll fix him, too.

I think Mxy want to set his wedding between the end of the story and the beginning of the Christmast special, so the fix would be better to appear as an epilogue to the story. It would also help the readability of ther story itself, resolving open plot point as much as possible in the same thread, IMO.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-26 8:11 PM
For those of you wondering what happened to Vengeance. . .now you know.
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-26 8:29 PM
Cool place, the Asylum!
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-26 8:54 PM
Okay. LLance and Velo will be fixed in an epilogue. I don't mind this, as I had only peripheral ideas about using their condition for a story idea involving a "Quest" of a type. A journey into the realms of Haven, involving volunteered members of Vanguard and The Order, to search for a cure. You know, a great story where the characters travel from realm to realm, fighting mythological creatures, and alien weapon systems. Where they meet new allies and enemies alike.

But, oh well.

I'll fix them both.

As for Tobias, I stated once before that I had no problem with him either way. I agree with Gooz that he is a bit like the JLA's J'onn, in that he's always been around. So, if he stays, I'm down with that.

But, although Euro sees it differently, I think IF he stays around, then, he stays around. I don't like the idea of depowering him, and, yet, having him hang around. I'm already having a hard time swallowing the adventure-seeking Grissom voluntarily staying behind from every mission. But, for me, Tobias loses all interesting qualities once you remove his speed.

I have no real trouble writing Tobias, and his power levels. Sure, we'll always have to take into account his massive speed, and the adavantages therein. But, he's not too powerful. We just put some thought into the situations we write, and use our imaginations to write him out logically and rationally when needed. I.E., his capture by The Order in Heroes and Legends.

So, in short, I'm for Tobias leaving or staying. But, either way, if he stays, I think he should remain powered-up.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-26 8:54 PM
Hee! Thanks. Been waiting to bring that stuff in for a while.

Posted an epilogue for Grimm, and got one more to go. Then I'm done with 14.

Euro, I'm not sure about the Naecken stuff, though I saw it coming quite a while back. But I like the setup you did with Saros and Raptor. And I'm glad Eddie's back.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-26 9:04 PM
One little thing for TTT:
Quote:

It was December 23rd, the busiest shopping day of the year.

The busiest shopping day is actually the Friday following Thanksgiving (our Thanksgiving), affectionately referred to by those in the retail industry as "Black Friday." Just a little FYI.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-26 9:41 PM
Testing cool avatar/gif...

Posted By: TheTimeTrust Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-26 9:50 PM
Quote:

One little thing for TTT:
Quote:

It was December 23rd, the busiest shopping day of the year.

The busiest shopping day is actually the Friday following Thanksgiving (our Thanksgiving), affectionately referred to by those in the retail industry as "Black Friday." Just a little FYI.

Ha! Maybe in the U.S.A., but not in the world at large, and certainly not on La Perdita, where there is no Thanksgiving Day.

BTW, Euro brought up a very good point which I'd forgotten. We may THINK that Tobias Christopher is a well-rounded character since we're all comfortable writing him, but the truth is that his creator writes the character in a COMPLETELY different way. T.C. as defined by his creator is actually a brooding young man who had been a homeless person, who is obsessed with the rape and murder of his girlfriend and the fate of his missing younger brother, and who has a son somewhere out there in the world. Now, since Tobias Christopher ISN'T around to control the destiny of his character, we shouldn't be trying to control him ourselves. Time to cut the cords, so to speak. No team members without posters is the staple rule, and it's a rule we use for good reason. Let's use the characters we have now rather than continue mis-writing the characters of absent posters.
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-26 10:15 PM
Quote:

I'm already having a hard time swallowing the adventure-seeking Grissom voluntarily staying behind from every mission.

In my mind, it works like this:

Grissom originally joined the team in an advisory capacity (i.e. - security advisor), which is actually the reason why he didn't go on the mission with the team in his first appearance, but stayed back at the HQ. He's gone on a few other missions since (the Malta mission, saving Kit's daughters in New Orleans, and the missions in Heroes & Legends), but his primary capacity with the team has always been strictly advisory for the most part - using his plethora of skills where necessary. After several of the "security breeches" of the last few issues (i.e. - Walker opening doorways into the HQ, Adem Different's sudden appearance), it's important that he start working a lot on taking additional precautions against such things happening again. Griss is also a "jack-of-all-trades" which means he could be just as useful at the Headquarters as he could be on the field, as I feel was evidenced by his use last issue as an Oracle-like character. His connections all over the world make him useful as a man who can "get" things (cars, guns, drinks, clothes, equipment... whatever) and he does have a bit of field medical training.

While he is an initial combination of Indiana Jones and James Bond, he's not all about the adventure. Like Dr. Jones himself said, it's not all about discovering lost cities and ancient civilizations - it's about the research.

Like I've said, the guy's good at anything and can be used in any capacity. I made him that way on purpose so that he would be able to work something out in a pinch if necessary and there wasn't an 'expert' around to do so. However, he's not invincible, as his fondness for the ladies will often cloud his judgement. Strike that. Always cloud his judgement. I'm amazed the guy can even think with Brianna and Nuriko skulking around... not to mention that uber-mysterious Vicki Xiang!

If push comes to shove, problems with his initial business - Sandcrawler Security - could draw him back to Los Angeles, but that's ultimately up to Philsy, as I left the character to him in my "will" about a month or so back. Either way, it's all up to you to make Grissom grow where he is planted...
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-26 10:36 PM
It'd be groovy if I could do an epilogue. Please give me until tomorrow morning to get that up before wrapping this beeyotch. Thanks!
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-27 12:12 AM
I have done with my epilogues. The streikeforce one has come out much shorter than I was planning to do, but I found myself unable to write a good funeral, so I had it on the distance.

The whole "Grimm killing cold bloodly Hero" thing is not forgotten, though... but Merlin will use those footage only if and when he will think they would be useful for his goals.
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-27 12:20 AM
Quote:

]Euro, I'm not sure about the Naecken stuff, though I saw it coming quite a while back. But I like the setup you did with Saros and Raptor. And I'm glad Eddie's back.

Naecken's stuff was something set by T5, I simply used it to fulfill his intentions, and to send the characters into limbo. Even the resurrection of Eddie was something that T5 suggested me, exactly one year ago.
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-27 12:46 AM
Quote:

Okay. LLance and Velo will be fixed in an epilogue. I don't mind this, as I had only peripheral ideas about using their condition for a story idea involving a "Quest" of a type. A journey into the realms of Haven, involving volunteered members of Vanguard and The Order, to search for a cure. You know, a great story where the characters travel from realm to realm, fighting mythological creatures, and alien weapon systems. Where they meet new allies and enemies alike.

This is great! Let's do it with Tobias instead of Velo and Lance.

But, although Euro sees it differently, I think IF he stays around, then, he stays around. I don't like the idea of depowering him, and, yet, having him hang around. I'm already having a hard time swallowing the adventure-seeking Grissom voluntarily staying behind from every mission. But, for me, Tobias loses all interesting qualities once you remove his speed.

I have no real trouble writing Tobias, and his power levels. Sure, we'll always have to take into account his massive speed, and the adavantages therein. But, he's not too powerful. We just put some thought into the situations we write, and use our imaginations to write him out logically and rationally when needed. I.E., his capture by The Order in Heroes and Legends.

You have no problem, but, for example, I have. Tobias presence means that all the opponents of Vanguard should be superhuman, or magical; a gang of mafiosi, for example, would be no match for Tobias, as he would take them out before they would even noticing it. I know that Mxy's is as much powerful as Tobias, but at last he is very ingenuos. So far, Tobias has not any soft spot.

Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-27 1:05 AM
Quote:

Time to cut the cords, so to speak. No team members without posters is the staple rule, and it's a rule we use for good reason. Let's use the characters we have now rather than continue mis-writing the characters of absent posters.

I definitely and wholeheartedly agree. We have plenty of characters around as it is. I do enjoy characters like Tobias, Tayden, etc. but we have so much to deal with already, we can probably let them go a bit. Even if we just move them back to support staff or something.

Phil: of course you can write an epilogue, man. There are probably quite a few still to come. lol
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-27 1:11 AM
Regarding Tobias not having a soft spot or weakness, I have to thoroughly disagree. He is still human, after all, and has the same weaknesses any human has. He can't see in darkness, for example. He cannot breathe toxic gas fumes or water, etc. You don't have to be superhuman or magical to take him down, all you have to be is smart.
Posted By: GoozX Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-27 1:25 AM
I agree with moving them to the support staff but not totally writing them out of the stories.

Euro, very interesting ending. I like the E/S stuff, can't wait to see how it pans out. As for the Nea stuff, i think you did good with the material you had to work with.

Now i gotta go play catch up on the Grimm/TTT and X-MAs special stuff
Posted By: TheTimeTrust Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-27 1:38 AM
Quote:

Now i gotta go play catch up on the Grimm/TTT and X-MAs special stuff

I hope you approve of what I did in my last post in the Xmas Special, Gooz. Since the PMs have returned (YAY!) I was able to read again a PM you sent me more than a year back concerning the old PSI-Unit's headquarters and tried to incorporate some of that into my post.
Posted By: GoozX Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-27 2:33 AM
TTT, very nice post. An interesting look at the lad and good stuff with the Col. I wanted to remind everyone about him, but was unsure how to, but the Axel link was perfect.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-27 9:26 AM
So, I need to know who is, and is not, available for Chance's funeral.

As far as I know, the following Vanguardians will not be present (according to other's wishes) :

-Danny
-Raptor
-Ameristar
-Mick/Mxy
-Dirk Bell
-Nowhereman

Did I miss anyone?

Also, if we are going to get rid of Tobias, I can have his "condition worsening" in Quantos' lab. Then, I can have him removed to Haven for "observation". In this, I can remove Tayden as well, seeing that his "new mission" is to help find a cure for Tobias. This will write them both out of the stories, and, at the same time, set up for the 'Quest' idea that I spoke about, which can be done any time in the future.

As for Velo, and LL, I'll have them fixed in my Epilogue, and they can depart as anyone sees fit.

Thoughts?
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-27 10:33 AM
That's true, Grimm, but I think that if written properly, a man that can run to the great wall of China and back in seconds, should sense the poisonus gas with his nose and run away before the gas arrives in his lungs, so to speak. My problem with the superspeedsters (with Flash, not just TC) is that they are ALWAYS miswritten. I know they need to, or basically nothing could be done with them. The only version of Flash I loved was Mike Baron's when Wally inherited the mantle of Barry, and was seriously depowered. When I started the HR universe, and had Euro presented as a superspeedster, that version of Flash was the one I wanted to take inspiration from. Not much more than three or four posts after, Tobias reintroduced TC with silver age Flash level of powers, so I changed my plans.

But I still thinks that a speedster written like Mike Baron's Flkash would be a nicely addtion ot the Vanguardians.
Posted By: TheTimeTrust Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-27 10:36 AM
Quote:

Also, if we are going to get rid of Tobias, I can have his "condition worsening" in Quantos' lab. Then, I can have him removed to Haven for "observation". In this, I can remove Tayden as well, seeing that his "new mission" is to help find a cure for Tobias. This will write them both out of the stories, and, at the same time, set up for the 'Quest' idea that I spoke about, which can be done any time in the future.

Oops! I used Tayden in the Christmas Special, though it was fairly minor. Let's just say that it was just Drake Marshall talking to Axel by himself, and Tayden wasn't there at all.
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-27 10:44 AM
Maybe we should send also Drake with Tayden, as Not wdge doesn't post from much more time than Sonhaven.
[censored]Oh[censored] [censored]crap[censored]. [censored]There[censored] [censored]goes[censored] [censored]my[censored] [censored]post[censored] ([censored]which[censored] [censored]features[censored] [censored]both[censored] [censored]Tayden[censored] [censored]and[censored] [censored]Drake[censored]). [censored]And[censored] [censored]I[censored] [censored]can[censored]'[censored]t[censored] [censored]edit[censored] [censored]it[censored] [censored]because[censored] [censored]this[censored] [censored]fucking[censored] [censored]board[censored] [censored]is[censored] [censored]so[censored] [censored]fucking[censored] [censored]stupid[censored]. <[censored]br[censored] /> <[censored]br[censored] />[censored]And[censored] [censored]apparently[censored] [censored]I[censored] [censored]can[censored] [censored]swear[censored] [censored]like[censored] [censored]a[censored] [censored]sailor[censored] [censored]again[censored] -- [censored]woopee[censored]!
What the--?!? This [censored] board [censored] up my [censored] post!!!
Posted By: TheTimeTrust Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-27 11:14 AM
This is what I actually said between all those [censored] words...

Quote:

Oh crap. There goes my post (which features both Tayden and Drake). And I can't edit it because this fucking board is so fucking stupid.

Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-27 11:31 AM
Quote:

That's true, Grimm, but I think that if written properly, a man that can run to the great wall of China and back in seconds, should sense the poisonus gas with his nose and run away before the gas arrives in his lungs, so to speak.

No, because by the time he's noticed the gas, he's already inhaled it and breathed it in. Also, not all gases have a smell to them, so how is he going to detect them?

I wouldn't say that all speedsters are miswritten, what I would say is that their abilities are open to be interpreted to an extent, thus allowing for a little more creative freedom. Written properly or miswritten, as you say, is merely interpretation in my opinion. The only times that someone can be said to be written properly or not is if the creator of said character is the one commenting on it.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-27 11:34 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Oops! I used Tayden in the Christmas Special, though it was fairly minor. Let's just say that it was just Drake Marshall talking to Axel by himself, and Tayden wasn't there at all.

Keep Tayden in there because Jackie was setting up some stuff. Also I feel that Tayden would be useful in aiding Dr. Huerta as a counselor to the team of sorts. Yes, I'm also a little selfish in this regard, as I do like the character and have enjoyed coming up with stuff for him to do.
Posted By: GoozX Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-27 7:11 PM
Quote:

Yes, I'm also a little selfish in this regard, as I do like the character and have enjoyed coming up with stuff for him to do.

Hmmmm, I have heard the same for Tobias but it looks like everyone is ready to just ship him off.
Posted By: The Eurostar Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-27 8:29 PM
I have no problem with any solution you guys will come up, but I don't think we can consider Tayden, Drake and TC as the same thing.

Sonhaven has stated that he has not a lot of time at his disposal, but that he will try to post now and then. He has, in fact, in the Naecken story, too. As for the old rules of the MBL, he should in any case be listed among the active mebers in the next story.
Plus, he is a "subtle" character, that aside exploit like the one with Smith, is not very prominent and shouldn't turn the outcome of a battle by himself.

Drake, on the other hand, is a powerful character. His poster, Notwedge, has said that he is currently experiencing computer problems, but that he plans to come back to full posting duty as soon as possible.

TC is very powerful, and it seems that his poster has not any intention, as for now, to come back.

My way, I would send TC to Haven, for Pro's story, and send Drake with him. If Notwedge returns, we could have Drake coming back easily.
If Sonhaven wouldn't post at all in issue 15, I would send him too, then.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-27 9:30 PM
But, Grimm didn't you just agree with "cutting all the chords" and getting rid of writer-less characters?

As it stands, I give up.

I'll fix Velo and LL and that's it.

TTT - Wants to eliminate writer-less characters

Grimm - Agrees, but wants to keep Tayden for personal reasons

Gooz - Wants Tobias to stay

Euro - Either wants Tobias moved back and depowered, or, taken to Haven for observation

Without a consensus decision, I have no idea what to write or where to go. Therefore, I'm stepping back and letting you all write this out for yourselves.

I'll probably post this evening, or tonight.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-27 10:16 PM
Quote:

But, Grimm didn't you just agree with "cutting all the chords" and getting rid of writer-less characters?

Yes, I did, which is one of the reasons why I wrote Vengeance out this issue. I've always been of the mind of moving out the writerless characters, even if (and here's the part that people have missed again and again) all we do is move them back to support staff. Which is something that I've said many times before that a character like TC would be useful for. And I like TC, as well. I've tried to pull him (the poster) back into the stories on many occasions.

F U C K it, I'm making a poll. Two choices stay or go: You get to pick one. Then we'll be done with this seemingly endless argument.
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-28 12:22 AM
If you're really intent on getting rid of writerless characters, then I'll have to keep using both my characters in active roles. I would rather break a minor organizational rule than risk losing characters I've put a lot of work into for the sake of another minor organizational rule.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-28 1:11 AM
Quote:

If you're really intent on getting rid of writerless characters, then I'll have to keep using both my characters in active roles. I would rather break a minor organizational rule than risk losing characters I've put a lot of work into for the sake of another minor organizational rule.

You're missing the point, Sammitch. You're an active poster who is actively using your characters. I, for one, don't find Leslie that intrusive. Others may feel differently.
Posted By: TheTimeTrust Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-28 1:32 AM
I don't think there's a problem with having multiple characters. The problem is having multiple members of the team at the SAME TIME, a rule we set up long ago for very good reasons: At one point, one poster had three or more characters in the MBL at the same time, which meant that this poster was effectively monopolizing the team.

Why did I kill off Pete when I brought Chance into the picture? I might as well have kept them both around, then just kept on adding others. If I wanted to, I could have Pete, Chance, Mason, and Axel all as part of the team and ignore the rest of your characters. But what would be the point of that in a collaborative story?

By all means, use multiple main characters in stories you write by yourself, but having two members on the team at the same time and in the same story isn't right. We're not writing literature, here, we're doing what are in effect RPGs. And the informal "rules" we've set up are there to make it fun for all of us, not just one or two posters.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Home for the (Hero) Holidays - 2003-12-28 1:38 AM
Excellent points.
[censored]Screw[censored] [censored]you[censored]. [censored]I[censored] [censored]want[censored] [censored]cheese[censored]. <[censored]br[censored] /> <[censored]br[censored] /> <[censored]img[censored] [censored]src[censored]="/[censored]ubbthreads[censored]/[censored]images[censored]/[censored]graemlins[censored]/[censored]frown[censored].[censored]gif[censored]" [censored]alt[censored]="" /> [censored]I[censored]'[censored]m[censored] [censored]hungry[censored].
The hell?
Once again, Phil, you've essentially ruined the forum...
Time for a new talk thread, methinks...
What'd I tell you 'bout thinkin'?!
© RKMBs