RKMBs
Posted By: iggy WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-04 4:49 AM
Why does he suddenly seem so animated and more like the John McCain of a few years ago? I know part of it might have been trying to win over many of the rebels in the conservative base after he pretty much sealed up the nomination, but I thought his campaign was amazingly terrible from August until just a few days ago. Now, I am starting to see the John McCain we all knew he was. And, because of that, I am beginning to reconsider voting for him tomorrow.

So, what do people think? Have any of you noticed a very likable change in his demeanor the past few days? If so, do you think he was just trying to hard, pandering, or something like that?

Replies would be appreciated.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-04 4:51 AM
McCain is a normal guy, I think don't think campaigning is his cup of tea, I think now that the campaigning is over he has relaxed. Obama on the other hand has made a life of social climbing so this is his element.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-04 4:54 AM
I actually agree, at least from his SNL stint Saturday. He was quite funny & likeable.
Posted By: iggy Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-04 5:10 AM
Yeah, his SNL spots were pretty funny and showed that he could loosen up a whole freaking lot. But, I've also noticed it in his rallies over the past few days. Sure, he his speeches are rather acerbic, but--to me--he seems to be moving more loosely. He seemed almost robotic in his movements for awhile. Now, his movement seems more poised and natural. I'm not sure if it is enough for me to automatically sign up to vote for him, but I do think it makes him and his message more appealing.

BSAMS, I think you are right generally right about the campaigning thing. But, I do think he has some campaigning skills. It really seems as if it has just been a matter of him getting his campaign started on the wrong foot and only now has he gotten his rhythm back. Unfortunately for him, I think with only days (now less than a day) left, he may have gotten back on track a little late.
Posted By: PJP Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-04 5:23 AM
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
I actually agree, at least from his SNL stint Saturday. He was quite funny & likeable.
He was always very likeable by you and many other dems........until he became the GOP nominee.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-04 5:37 AM
 Originally Posted By: PJP
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
He was always very likeable by you and many other dems........until he became the GOP nominee.

PJP after McCain had the nomination sewn up the New York Times came out with a very unfair story alleging that he had an affair. I called it like I saw it even though McCain was going to be going up against the democratic nominee. I still like & admire the guy PJP.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-04 6:04 PM
I think McCain has been handled a lot by the RNC. With it looking like he's going to loose, I think they're ignoring him to keep seats in Congress, letting McCain be himself again.
Posted By: Steve T Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-04 6:06 PM
I'd agree with the Iggy, McCain has seemed more with it the last week, maybe it's the polls getting closer or maybe it's the end being in sight. I'd be ambivalent on the result if it wasn't for Palin. She really puts me off, and with McCain's age and medical history I think she's a big issue.
Obviously I don't get a vote, so it doesn't really matter.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-04 10:55 PM
Really sexist people shouldn't vote anyways.
Posted By: Pariah Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-05 12:39 AM
 Originally Posted By: Steve T
I'd agree with the Iggy, McCain has seemed more with it the last week, maybe it's the polls getting closer or maybe it's the end being in sight. I'd be ambivalent on the result if it wasn't for Palin. She really puts me off, and with McCain's age and medical history I think she's a big issue.

.....Kill yourself.
Posted By: Uschi Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-05 6:17 AM
Steriods. HRT. XTC. Adam Ant.
Posted By: Balloon Knot Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-05 7:32 AM
Posted By: Franta Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-05 9:32 AM
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Posted By: Steve T Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-05 4:44 PM
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
 Originally Posted By: Steve T

.....Kill yourself.

Ah Pariah! Ever the charmer! Any chance of you expanding that in a civilised manner?
Posted By: Bianca Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-05 4:56 PM
Balloon Knot, you ARE an ass.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-05 8:51 PM
NEWSFLASH!
Posted By: Bianca Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-05 9:23 PM
What?

Stating the obvious is wrong here?

Surely you jest!
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-05 9:44 PM
no it's just that bringing attention to his assiness is what he lives for. we ignored him before and he went away.
Posted By: the G-man Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-05 10:09 PM
It's funny how a few long-gone posters, including Bianca and BK, showed up for the election post-mortum, but whomod and his alts are nowhere to be found.
Posted By: Bianca Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-05 10:38 PM
I show up more than you think . . . I just don't post a helluva lot.
Posted By: allan1 Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-05 11:02 PM
I missed Bianca's Media postings.Good to see ya B.
Posted By: Franta Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-06 8:42 AM
 Originally Posted By: the G-man of Zur-En-Arrh
It's funny how a few long-gone posters, including Bianca and BK, showed up for the election post-mortum, but whomod and his alts are nowhere to be found.

Forgotten Franta

AGAIN
Posted By: ROY BATTY Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-06 10:24 AM

G-man is a gay cunt for forgetting my Franta!
Posted By: Rob Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-06 10:25 AM
my sweet babboo!
Posted By: ROY BATTY Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-06 10:26 AM
Not in front of Franta!

You know how jealous he gets!
Posted By: Rob Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-06 10:29 AM
oh... franta... i...

...i didn't see you there.

roy and i were studying!
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-06 11:02 AM
IN THE ASS!
Posted By: Steve T Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-06 2:55 PM
 Originally Posted By: the G-man of Zur-En-Arrh

don't tempt him, I'm a unrepentant (evil) liberal and I don't want him here crowing!
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-06 11:48 PM
maybe he's turned the family business over to Promod....
Posted By: Franta Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-08 9:21 AM
Hey Bobo! Batty!

Get a room

Ive got my bsams BACK!
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: WTF, McCain?!? - 2008-11-08 4:14 PM
© RKMBs