Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
500+ posts
OP Offline
500+ posts
Just in case you haven't seen it elsewhere...

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

THE LEGION #25

Written by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning; art by Chris Batista, Mark Farmer, Dave Cockrum, Paul Rivoche, Tony Harris, Tom Feister, Chip Wallace, and Eric Wight; cover by Harris and Feister.

Kicking off the landmark 6-part story "Foundations" that brings Superboy into the Legion! Part 1 begins in Smallville, where a young Clark Kent is confronted by three oddly dressed teens…but by the end, a dead hero will have returned, a
young man will have found his destiny, and an apocalyptic darkness prophesied
in "Dream Crime" will have reared its ugly head.

48 pages, $3.95, in stores on Oct. 29

Not a whole lot of spoilers, IMHO. I didn't recognize the artist Paul Rivoche - has he done other Legion work? (Someone will probably tell me he's some major superhero artist - am I out of it??)

Not really a big fan of Superboy, even if he was the inspiration for the Legion.

And more Darkseid? That's not too shabby. I think Jan Arrah is returning, given some preview art shown in an interview with DnA recently - maybe Garth will come back too. Then it would just be poor old homely Monstress left in molecules. Nobody much seems to care if she comes back, not even me.

100+ posts
100+ posts
Might want to check out DC Direct for some additional info as well...(I'm SUCH a tease! NEVER thought these two would have gotten figures...)

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Will this be Kon El or Kal El? Either way it could be a big plus sales wise. Will old fans suffer painful flashbacks & worry about future Supes seperation :)

500+ posts
500+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by datalore:
Might want to check out DC Direct for some additional info as well...(I'm SUCH a tease! NEVER thought these two would have gotten figures...)

Yeah! I just posted a link, but there are probably others.

Given the picture I saw, there may be more than just those two on the way.

500+ posts
OP Offline
500+ posts
Other info is that this arc will be published bi-weekly. Maybe this is an experiment to bring out two Legion titles. Wonder if sales at just over 20,000 copies justify this, or can DC count on a sure-thing i.e. people who buy the Legion will definitely buy the second book?

Maybe Dream Crime has boosted sales.

100+ posts
100+ posts
I'm with you, Jar of Cardinals, I saw that too and wondered?

(Still hoping for MORE Legion WOMEN as well...)

I'm a little MORE worried about DC attempting TWO Legion titles again (YES, it IS better than it has been for a LONG time, BUT greed and multiple titles have killed many a popular title, starting back from the Baxter/newsprint multiple titles...)

25+ posts
25+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:

Not a whole lot of spoilers, IMHO. I didn't recognize the artist Paul Rivoche - has he done other Legion work? (Someone will probably tell me he's some major superhero artist - am I out of it??)

Rivoche does art in Legion Worlds #3(Braal).
His art very muddy-trying to be Kirby.
He mostly do animation work-backgrounds on Batman Adventures.
His graphic design sense-strong.
His figures-unattractive.

Link Copied to Clipboard