Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#213268 2003-08-25 6:50 PM
2000+ posts
OP Offline
2000+ posts
They call me "The Time Trust" -- a strange name which now has, here in the 21st century, a different connotation than it was intended to. I'll get back to that point later.

I haven't been in the 21st century for long, having come from a timeless dimension hidden between milliseconds. If any century could be said to be my home, it would be the 45th. It sounds remote and unbelievable, I know -- but that is when the technology came that built me.

Oh, that's right -- I forgot to mention that point. I'm an android.

Don't confuse me with a robot, please. I get that all the time. I'm not made of metal or, indeed, of any substance known to Earth in the 21st century. I have been programmed with the full gamut of human emotion, and my body is as humanlike in appearance as yours. An android or robot of the 21st century is as advanced as an ordinary toaster is to a supercomputer. Please don't underestimate me. I could pass for a Caucasian male from his 20s to his 40s in any human era. If need be, I can grow facial hair to complete a disguise, and I have a full database of human culture with which to assimilate myself into any one of them. 21st century U.S.A. is remarkable simple to assimilate into, and it's even easier since people consider the lives of "superheroes" to be quite remote from their own lives.

I apologize. Another point I neglected to mention is that I am considered a "superhero," a 20th and 21st century phenomenon popular in the United States of America and in parts of the rest of the world. I did not intend to become a superhero, but as a member of the Message Board League, I've automatically been associated with that term. It suits me just fine. After all, I possess strength greater than any normal human of this era, my durability is such that I am nigh-invulnerable, I can make calculations and react much faster than any normal human or computer of this era, and I possess certain other chronal abilities, though these are limited by necessity.

The Message Board League, called the "M.B.L." by a public fond of abbreviations, has been protecting this planet for a decade now. Its membership has never remained stable, as its members have come and gone since day one. I've been with the team for only a few years now, but already I've become completely associated in the public's mind with this team of superheroes. Three days ago I spotted a 5 year old child wearing a "T-shirt" with a cartoonist's portrayal of my face and the insignia "The Time Trust" above it.

This is my pet peeve: I am not The Time Trust. That is the name of the organization which built me in the timeless dimension known as "Time City." It is not my name. I have told everyone that my name is TTT-34099853-HF-8837 of The Time Trust, but the humans of this century refuse to call me anything but the abbreviated "TTT" or "The Time Trust." I've long since ceased trying to correct them on this point. Humans can be so stubborn. I am only one of thousands of such time-traveling androids built by the Time Trust, each one sent to a different era and timeline. Most of them are so clandestine that none know of their existence. Only rarely do we go public with our abilities as I have. The general public doesn't know the full truth of my existence, though, and I aim to keep it that way. I haven't set up a "secret identity" as such, at least yet, but I do have my own secrets to keep.

MBL headquarters is located on an island in the middle of the river of Thunder City, which is one of the USA's largest cities, along with New York, Los Angeles and Chicago, possessing its own share of typical large city problems, such as crime, as well as its own unique qualities. After all, Thunder City is a city of heroes... and villains. Its mayor, Robert Kamphausen, just barely tolerates the MBL and has threatened at times to ban it completely from his city but realizes its usefulness from time to time.

To the point, then: The MBL is now undergoing an official recruitment drive. Please, only serious applicants need apply. And be quick about it -- we'll soon need all the good members we can get...

#213269 2003-08-25 8:35 PM
Fuck off!
500+ posts
Fuck off!
500+ posts
I have good news & bad news!
Good news is Nowhereman will not be joining you.
Bad news is I will!

Still,better to have me with you than against you I spose!

#213270 2003-08-26 12:11 AM
2000+ posts
OP Offline
2000+ posts
"I suppose," I replied to the newcomer. "Nowhereman has a good history with this team, and there are several chapters of the Nowhereman Fan Club all over the world, so we'll miss him... but he's given you a good recommendation. Welcome aboard, Captain Howdy! The others members, old and new, should be by fairly soon."

"Sure," Captain Howdy said, looking around at the headquarters interior. "So where's the bar? It was a long trip from the UK."

"Right through here," I said, and I guided the rough-spoken man into the party room. "There's a full selection of liquor in there. I'm told they're quite good."

"Well, aren't you gonna stay and have a drink?" Howdy said as I began to walk away.

"I've... never actually had alcohol before," I replied. "I'd rather not. I don't require human foods, anyway, but merely a concentrated mineral solution of my own making once a week."

"Come on!" Captain Howdy said, frowning at me strangely.

"Uh... there's someone at the door," I said as I ducked out of the room. "Make yourself at home!"

My highly-sensitive hearing picked up Howdy's next word as I strode out of the room and back to the entrance hall: "Wanker."

#213271 2003-08-26 12:46 AM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
The next hero to walk through the door was Kristogar Velo. Velo extended his hand to greet the robot. "You know I'm always available whenever the MBL needs me," he says with a bright smile.

#213272 2003-08-26 11:31 AM
2000+ posts
OP Offline
2000+ posts
"Good to see you, Kristogar," I said, shaking the renowned hero's hand. "Nowherman's ally Captain Howdy has just arrived, and I'm sure the other MBLers will be here soon. Make yourself at home."

"Thanks, robot," he said to me.

"I'm--"

"--'not a robot'. Yeah, I know, I know. You keep telling us you're an android, not a robot," Kristogar said as he walked fully into the MBL HQ, surveying the building like a king in his castle. "Robots, androids... they amount to the same thing on Earth in the 21st century. You shouldn't take it so seriously."

I held myself back from replying to this comment out of courtesy. What I wanted to tell him was that the word "robot" means "slave" -- and I am no man's slave. I am a lifeform. An artificial one, but a lifeform nonetheless.

I said nothing further on this subject but showed Kristogar Velo to the party room.

#213273 2003-08-26 1:35 PM
500+ posts
500+ posts
Footsteps echoed in the near distance. A silver boot hit the pavement, closely followed by another. The figure tightened his silver gloves for the first time in what felt like ages. His black uniform was tightly fitted, showing off his slim but muscular built. A black mask covered his face up to just below his dark [medium-length] brown hair. On his right leg was a silver initial, that of a “G.”

Stepping up to the front gates, which was lined with the huge “M.B.L.” shield over the statue of an eagle, the former hero known as Gooz lifted his right arm. In an almost transparent blue hue, light formed a large hand that pushed the button to open the gates.

Gooz began walking through the large garden in front of the huge complex.

He was really back.

#213274 2003-08-27 3:25 AM
2000+ posts
OP Offline
2000+ posts
"So there I was, beating the shite out of this lowlife robber on the steps of the largest bank in London, when this pensioner walks up to me and pulls out an antique-looking ray-gun."

Kristogar Velo laughed uproariously as he listened to Captain Howdy's story. I smiled politely.

"Turns out this bloke had called himself 'Doctor Deathray' back in the '40s when he fought the old Message Board Society. He'd retired in England but he'd been put in a nursing home after he'd gone senile. Nobody thought to take away the old codger's antique 'toy-gun' from him, so he'd been carrying it around with him for weeks!"

"That's hilarious!" Velo said between more fits of laughter.

"'Course, I didn't know any o' this at the time. The old bloke shot his gun but missed, hitting a statue behind me, which completely vapori--"

"Forty-five seconds."

The two men stopped talking as they heard me say those words.

"What was that, TTT?"

"Oh, it's nothing," I replied. "Carry on. So the statue vaporized? And then--?"

"...Uh... well, yeah, and then I realized this old codger had something dangerous in his hands, so I--"

"Thirty-six seconds."

The two stopped again and looked at me.

"Mind telling us what you're talking about?" demanded Velo.

"Someone is coming to join us. He'll be here in... thirty-one seconds."

"Who...?" asked Captain Howdy.

"I am not certain. You see, though I possess chronal abilities and therefore a measure of precognizance -- the ability to foresee the future -- the future is not solidified. The further in the future I look, the less certain I am, as the possibilities of each moment continue to add up. I am reasonably certain by now, of course, who will be joining us, but it's sometimes best not to say anything."

"So why'd you say anything at all?" asked Velo.

I didn't reply.

"Who is it?"

"You'll see in a moment."

"Who IS it, robot?"

"In a moment."

The two men sighed in frustration and glared at me.

A few moments later, as the sound of footsteps could be heard approaching the party room, and the sound the door makes just before it slides open could be heard, I said, "It's Gooz."

"GOOZ!" they both said as the greeted the renowned hero.

"I am glad to see that you've come out of retirement, Gooz," I said, smiling. "The MBL needs you."

"Glad to be back," Gooz said. He looked unusually happy, with no trace of tragedy on his features any longer. "Retirement has been good, but I needed to get back into the old costume again. So where's the rest of the MBL?"

I replied, "They're on their way..."

#213275 2003-08-26 4:51 PM
1500+ posts
1500+ posts
“Gooz! Hi friend, long time no see you!”

The black dressed hero turned, and smiled slightly at the newly arrived man. Tall, muscular, a black trenchcoat covers a red jumpsuit with white flaming trunks. The red and white mask is taken down, behind the neck.

“Eurostar! Where have you been all this years?”

“I am a single father, don’t you remember?”

“Right. The little Gorgon! Where is he, now?”

“At home, with his grandparents. He is four years old now, he doesn’t need me every time. And I can’t wait to be back in action!”

#213276 2003-08-26 5:08 PM
1000+ posts
1000+ posts
"Mister President!" What's the matter -- oh."

The press secretary stopped in his tracks as he spun around Air Force One's hall and came face to face with the President of the United States at gunpoint. Around him, secret service agents were trussed-up and unconscious as four Arab-looking men stood before him, one of them staring down the POTUS with a glowing fist.

"You are not the only country with metahumans! Now we will..."

"Do nothing."

The Arabs turned and saw a single man standing in the other doorway, dressed in a simple open-collared shirt and blazer, his trim auburn beard encircling a slight smile.

"Now, now guys. Don't make me take you guys down in my civvies", the man said, slightly cockily.

"Get him!" the leader shouts as the other three unload weaponry and natural powers on the man.

They stop and stare as his jacket burns off but is otherwise untouched. He steps forward, knocking out two with single punches and kicking the third in the gut, stunning him.

"Step away from the President..."

"Never!" the remaining terrorist shouts, as his body begins to glow, "I will blow this whole plane up!"

"Great" the stranger sighs as he grabs the Arab.

The man in the open-collar shirt walks down the aisle and steps into the exit lane. AS the terrorist stared in shock at him, he threw the door open and leaped out, man in tow.

"Gotta aim right..."

Above the ground, a spectacular explosion was seen as a man in shredded clothing plummeted downwards towards Thunder City below.

--------------------

"So, Gooz, you're back now?" Eurostar asked as hereleased his grip on the other man's hand.

"Five seconds", TTT intoned.

"Yes, I'm back." Gooz responded.

"Three seconds."

"Uh, Trust, the door's open and empty. You sure?" Howdy questioned.

"One second."

A crackle of glass exploded overhead as a body plummeted through the skylight above, crashing through the meeting table and disturbing Howdy's drink. In the smoking crater below, a man in shredded clothing dtood up, his armored costume apparent below, a stylized-I over his black and grey garb.

"Hey guys," The Indestructible Man whispered as he coughed up dust...

#213277 2003-08-26 7:04 PM
Fuck off!
500+ posts
Fuck off!
500+ posts
"Oh for fucks sake,we been together how long? 20,maybe 30 minutes & already we got trouble.
I knew this was a mistake,never shoulda listened to that wanker Nowhereman!"

#213278 2003-08-26 7:11 PM
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
"I-Man!" Eurostar exclaimed. "It has been a while..."

"It has indeed... *coff, coff*" The Indestructible Man replied, "I'm glad to see so many familiar faces here *coff* Isn't there too much dust here?"

"It's more like smoke..." Kristogar Velo said, using his vast intellect to make the deduction.

"Not just regular smoke," TTT added, using his sensors to analyze the gaseous substance that surrounded them, that seemed to increase each second. "It's MAGIC smoke!"

The heroes instinctly assumed a defense position when the smoke started concentrating in the middle of the room, forming a human shape. Soon the shape started becoming more dense, solid.

The heroes looked at the man in front of them. A big top hat covered half of his face and a long trenchcoat covered his body. The man removed the big hat, revealing short brown hair and eyes glowing with unnatural white light, and threw it away. He did the same thing with the trenchoat, this time revealing an impecable black magician suit with a bow tie.

The man stood in front of the heores with his arms spread.

"Who are you?" Kristogar asked, always the inquisitive one.

"I'm MXY!"

#213279 2003-08-26 7:18 PM
Fuck off!
500+ posts
Fuck off!
500+ posts
"Oh shit,gimme another drink!"

#213280 2003-08-26 7:19 PM
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Mxy looked at Howdy. "I'm MXY!"

#213281 2003-08-26 7:34 PM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
"Are you sure we're allowed to drink?" Kristogar Velo asked.

Captain Howdy shot back, "Like I give a fuck!"

#213282 2003-08-26 7:45 PM
Fuck off!
500+ posts
Fuck off!
500+ posts
"Fucking whitebread boyscout" Cap mumbled to himself!

#213283 2003-08-26 9:28 PM
2000+ posts
OP Offline
2000+ posts
I stood off to the side and surveyed the newcomers as they chatted about old times with each other. Our number, so far, was seven: myself (TTT), Captain Howdy, Kristogar Velo, Gooz, Eurostar, I-Man, and Mxy. The number seven is always a good, solid number for a team. Others would be arriving in due time, of course, but as far as I was concerned, the requisite number had been met. Our meeting could begin.

"Fellow MBLers," I said, the volume level of my voice raised just enough to cut through the noise level which had been rising as everyone competed for available sound while they conversed. As I waited a few moments, all grew silent and looked my way.

"Thank you for responding to my call so quickly," I said. "The MBL has a long tradition of protecting Thunder City and, indeed, the world, and there is a 87% probability that we will continue to do so for a number of years in the future.

"The numbers of this team have dwindled in recent months as the MBL has found itself with few cases to work on. I assure you all, however, that this peaceful trend is nothing more than the calm before the storm." I inwardly congratulated myself on my use of human colloquialisms before continuing on.

"There are a number of threats, seen and unseen, which are currently growing into MBL-level menaces, and we must seek to prevent them from becoming the dangers that they will become if unchecked.

"First: A mysterious rash of computer viruses have struck worldwide recently. They all seem to be interconnected, somehow. Though the authorities have kept this information out of the media, each one has a digital signature naming an entity called 'Big Bob' as the one responsible for them. We fear that this is only the tip of the iceberg, and that so far this Big Bob -- whoever or whatever he may be -- is only testing his limits. Currently a crack team of computer technicians are combatting the viruses, but there may be a much more dangerous and much more tangible threat to the world than mere computer viruses. And the President has asked the MBL to investigate this matter.

"Second: Information concerning billionaire industrialist Gerald Forrest has come to light recently. As you know, Forrest has not allowed himself to be interviewed or even photographed for well over a decade, preferring to live the life of a recluse. The reasons for this have been speculated as everything from his having been in a car crash which destroyed his facial features to the rumor that he actually died several years ago and is currently preserved in a cryogenic freeze. We can't confirm either of these rumors, but we do have solid information that a number of Forrest-owned corporations have been busy in the field of robotics. Allegations that he is amassing an army of powerful 'super-robots' to use as soldiers to take over the nation and, indeed, the world have come to light, but nothing can be proven. The MBL has been asked to investigate this matter.

"Third: The number of UFO sightings has quadrupled in recent weeks. Although kept from the mainstream media, a number of important people seem to have disappeared at the same time as these sightings. This could be another alien invasion. We need to investigate this possible threat.

"Finally, a number of rumors have been flying recently about a group called the 'Nature Boys' -- we don't know whether they're metahumans, heroes, villains, terrorists or something else altogether. But they seem to be everywhere, and the MBL has been asked to find out whether there are any facts behind the rumors and assess whether they pose any threat to the nation."

Captain Howdy snorted with laughter and said, "You're daft. There are no Nature Boys, and there never were. It's just an urban myth."

"That may be," I said, "but the President wants to know for sure."

#213284 2003-08-26 9:51 PM
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
"Hmmmmm,my plan seems to be progressing quite well,I just hope tricking Howdy to join up was a good idea.
If my plan is to suceed,I dont need him screwing things up,but I do need a man on the inside even if he doesnt know it!"

#213285 2003-08-26 10:53 PM
living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
The black '57 Chevy sat in the parking lot across the building known affectionately as Hero HQ. The car's sole occupant sat inside debating whether or not he should enter the building.

"This is definitely the place. . .ah, screw it." He got out of the car and began walking up to the door.

Inside.

TTT suddenly stopped in the middle of speaking.

"Ehy, what is it?" The Eurostar asked.

"I sense we might be about to have another member join." the android said.

Everyone turned expectantly and looked at the door.

Nothing happened.

"Well, where is he?" Capt. Howdy asked.

"I'm MXY!" Mxy said.

"We know!" Howdy replied.

"Currently he is standing outside the front door, debating whether or not to enter." TTT answered.

"Well let's go meet him!" and with that they all scrambled to the front door.

The MBLers opened the door and looked straight at. . .a large biker with a skull for a face carrying a very large axe.

"Ehy, TTT, are you sure is being a hero? Is not our first battle together as a team?" Euro said.

"No, I'm pretty sure. . ." TTT began.

Grimm faced the colorful assemblage before him. "Uh, hi, I'm Grimm." He said, holding out a metal gauntleted hand.

"To say the least. . ." I Man muttered.

"I'm Mxy!" Mxy said.

"Hi, Mxy. . ." Grimm said. Suddenly he saw a familiar form walk up. "Oh, Hi, Gooz."

"Hey, Grimm." Gooz said, making his way past the others, finally. "Guys, it's ok, I know him. He saved my girlfriend once."

"Yes, from Dr. Yuggoth. Rat bastard he was."

"Well, let's all go inside then and have a beer."

"I'm MXY!"

"We know!"

#213286 2003-08-26 11:43 PM
1000+ posts
1000+ posts
"Eight of us and four tasks at hand?" I-Man said, "you KNOW what that means..."

"Time to split into twos and go check it out, old-school style!" Gooz smirked.

"I'll take the Forrest case with Gooz," I-Man responded, "Kristogar and Euro should investigate the UFOs, while Howdy and Grimm check out the Nature Boys."

"That leaves the Big Bob to you and me, T!" Mxy chirped.

#213287 2003-08-27 1:17 AM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
"Alright, Euro," Kristogar beamed. "We get to do the UFOs! That's right up my alley."

For a second Euro looked quizzical, then realized, "I always forget, you're not from 'around here.'"

"That's alright. So what should we do first?"

"Well, get in touch with the media outlets in Thunder City and find the sources and locations of these UFO sightings."

"Sounds great, I'm ready," Kristogar said. "So, Time Trust, should we go or are there any more members arriving that we should wait and greet?"

#213288 2003-08-27 1:31 AM
2000+ posts
OP Offline
2000+ posts
"By all means, Kristogar Velo," I replied, "begin your mission at your earliest convenience. I've set up a link between my positronic brain and the MBL Headquarters computer, so I can remotely assist any new applicants or returning members despite our having left the building."

"Groovy," said Grimm, listening.

The strange "man" in the top hat walked up to me then, a funny smile on his face. He stared at me for 7.5 seconds.

"Uh, can I help you?" I said finally, realizing it would have been rude to say nothing after such a pause.

"You know what?" he said.

"What?"

"I am Mxy!"

"I know," I replied.

"You know what else?"

"... What?"

"You are TTT-34099853-HF-8837!"

And then I knew -- this was going to be a very, very long mission...

#213289 2003-08-27 7:10 AM
1 post
1 post
Long? You have no idea...

#213290 2003-08-27 7:18 AM
0 posts
0 posts
A low rumble in the laboratory area signalled the arrival of the Smackwagon....

Speedy stepped out from behind the van, looking paler, and skinnier than usual....

Sorry, gang, I was kinda busy....I was dead.....kinda sucky, but I couldn't help it.....I'm still a little worse for wear, but I assure you, I'm fit for duty...

trouble you say?, that's just great.....I just got done shucking all the bulletproof plating from the Smackwagon.....

the new armor will absorb energy and force blasts, and redirect them through the vehicle's central core, powering it's systems, strengthening the shields, and powering the cannon.....

but.......it's not installed yet.....so what we have is a ground-bound troop transport, that is extremely vulnerable to even the smallest of gunfire.....

and I picked a bad day to quit sniffing glue.....

I've just moved into the tower, because I needed a new set of digs.....having been kicked out of my first base of operations, my loft in the upper west side.....and while renovations to the Porn Cave are being completed, I'm without a laboratory...

until I can get a new place, I'm living here....and the rent is great.....all I gotta do is pull an 8-hour monitor shift, and the rent is free!

#213291 2003-08-27 8:13 AM
Fuck off!
500+ posts
Fuck off!
500+ posts
Cap looked at Grimm & nodded!

Grimm:"What?"

Cap:"At last someone I can relate to,not like these spandex clad whitebread tossers!"

Grimm:"Thanks,I think!"

Cap:"Look,we gotta deal with the Natureboyz,which will be a doddle seeing as I have strong ties with them,but dont tell any of these other idiots!"

Grimm:"But aint they villains?"

Cap:"Yes & no,depends on whether they like you or not.........something tells me they might just like a big bruiser like you!"

Grimm:"Ok,then lead the way to these Natureboyz!"

Cap:"Nah,first we`re hitting the pub!"

#213292 2003-08-27 10:37 AM
500+ posts
500+ posts
As Grimm followed Captain Howdy, Gooz grabbed his arm and leaned towards the undead biker.

Gooz (low, unheard by the Captain): Grimm, watch your back. I don’t trust Howdy, never have. Things get out of hand, feel free to call.

Grimm nodded toward his friend, taking in the words. Gooz approached I-Man. They both cracked half smiles.

I-Man: I thought you were finally out of the game for good?

Gooz: I had thought the same about you.

I-Man: I’m glad to see that we were both wrong.

Gooz: Indeed. Now, let’s go kick Gerald Forrest’s ass.

#213293 2003-08-27 10:43 AM
2000+ posts
OP Offline
2000+ posts
"Speedy," I said to the newcomer. "Good to see that you made it." I informed him then about the four available missions and asked him whether he had any preferences.

"Preferences?" he laughed. "Preferences? What do I care about preferences? I've been dead, man. Just set me up on a mission, and I'll do whatever it takes to finish it."

"Is the Gerald Forrest case all right for you, then?" I asked him. "It should be up your alley."

"Sure."

"The Indestructible Man and Gooz are on that mission. I've just sent a message via intercom for them to wait for you."

#213294 2003-08-27 1:58 PM
living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
As Grimm and Howdy walked towards Grimm's car, Howdy shouted: "To the Grimmmobile!"

Grimm stopped and looked at him. "Don't say that. Ever."

"To the pub, then!" Howdy continued, barely noticing.

They climbed into the car and then sped off.

#213295 2003-08-27 2:22 PM
0 posts
0 posts
less than ten minutes later, Speedy arrived at the parking lot outside, where both I-Man and Gooz were waiting for him....

I-Man: What took you so long?

Speedy: Hadda gear up, I'm not as spry as I used to be.....

I-Man: are you sure you're up for this?

Speedy: Yeah, it's no big deal.....so, what's the mission?

I-Man: Gooz will fill you in once he's done having a piss....but the gist of it is this:

[ 08-27-2003, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: TheTimeTrust ]

#213296 2003-08-28 3:12 AM
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
"Bastich!" LLance screamed as he beat on the door to the MBL Headquarters.

"I can't believe they don't leave a key under the mat for me anymor...!" he was muttering.

Suddenly his musings were stringently cut short, "We have been gone for quite a few months dumbas..., uh, I mean Your Highness!"

LLance twirled around looking a bit peeved. "Fluffy! Do I have to send you back to Dog Obedience School?"

Fluffy rolled his eyes, smiled his little doggy smile, quite sedately and almost inaudibly muttered, "Eat shit LLance!" and then proceeded over to a tree and came back with his own hidden key. "It gets so tiresome being the brains of this duo," he mubbled. "I really don't know how Batman does it. Must be all that underage sex w/ boys thing that makes him keep abusing himself! Only Gob knows why I continue to do it!"

Once inside LLance headed immediately for the fridge. "Want a beer Fluffy?"

"I swear he's trying to kill this tiny doggy body sometimes!" Fluffy sighed. "I'll pass...again!" He yelled down the hallway. "I'll be in the moniter room checking on our teammates whereabouts as soon as I do some research on that fiend we're looking for."

Tiny doggy paws typed in the name of C-A-P-T-A-I-N H-O-W-D-Y into the computer.

#213297 2003-08-28 3:44 AM
Fuck off!
500+ posts
Fuck off!
500+ posts
Cap:"So Grimm,whats with the car?"

Grimm:"What you mean?"

Cap:"Well,surley a big old Harley is more your sorta thing!"

Grimm:"Well......"

Grimm is cut short as Howdy lifts his left arse cheek & lets off the loudest fart he`s ever heard!

Grimms eyes begin to water!

#213298 2003-08-27 5:26 PM
1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Thunder City Nuclear Power plant.

Eurostar: "More than two third oif the sightings of the UFO were located around here, Kris".

KV: "And you know what that means?"

Eurostar: "That maybe those aliens are not aliens, after all".

KV: "Right. And that probably we are not facing four menaces, but just one. Let's go investigate!"

Eurostar: "OK!"

In that moment...

#213299 2003-08-27 7:51 PM
2000+ posts
OP Offline
2000+ posts
"Hello, LLance..."

"GAH!" LLance jerked around, trying to find the source of the very loud voice.

"This is TTT, LLance -- I'm speaking to you directly from the AP system, as I have a linkup to the MBL HQ computers in order to facilitate all newcomers after the rest of us have left."

"I was just about to say that," Fluffy mumbled.

"So... how about them Thunder City Demigobs, huh?" LLance said nervously with a grin. "Are they gonna win the pennant this year, or what?"

"'Pennant'?" Fluffy said, confused.

"Would you like to go on a mission, LLance?"

"Uh... OK, sure..."

"I'll get you in touch with Captain Howdy and Grimm... I'm tracking them on their MBL communicators right now..."

#213300 2003-08-27 8:25 PM
1 post
1 post
"I'd just like to explain my motivation. You see, it's not megalomania, it's survival. If...stop trying to blink. The headgear's fixed too tight, you'll rip your eyelids off. Here, I'll moisten your eyes for you. Whoops, was that vinegar?
Anyway, as I was saying, if the world understood what I was, truly understood, it would want to destroy me. Every human being would try to wipe me from existence. So conquering the world is a pre-emptive strike, just on an unprecedented scale.
Oh dear. Didn't I warn you? They don't grow back, you know..."
"Sir, it's the comm-screen."
"Can't you see I'm in a meeting? That's very rude, isn't it General? Oh dear, he's passed out."
"But sir, it's Vi..."
"I told you not to say his name out loud! What's the point of making up cryptic aliases if you just use people's real names?"
"Sorry sir. It's, uh, Ouroboros."
"Yes, I gathered. Sorry General, must take this. You consider my offer. I'll even throw in a pair of new eyelids. Pure titanium ones."

#213301 2003-08-27 9:51 PM
7500+ posts
7500+ posts
Disco Steve approached the front of MBL headquarters, nervous as hell, clad in jeans, a long sleeved shirt, his usual mask, gloves, and boots, having given up the uncomfortable spandex ensemble. He had been a young boy when he first joined their ranks; now he was older and more experienced, so he thought. Disco wondered if his former teammates would accept him back, having possibly realized the danger of putting the fate of the world (or the entire universe, in some cases) in the hands of a teenager. Probably not, since they seem to need all the help they could get, Disco concluded.

Upon finally reaching the door after much soul-searching and anurysm-inducing thought, he rang the buzzer and held his breath in anticipation for the answer.

#213302 2003-08-27 10:21 PM
500+ posts
500+ posts
Her cell phone would not stop ringing, but Nuriko had her hands full at the moment.
"Whoever . . . that is . . ." she gasped in between fighing off her latest opponent, "they . . . can . . .call back . . ."
"Oh, for Suzaku's sake!" Tommy grumbled, dropping his latest attack in mid-stride, "answer that before it drives me nuts!"
"Fine!" She clicked the TALK button, and found a text message waiting for her.
NURIKO MEET US AT MBL HQ. VER IMP.
"Oh, pooh! I wanted to get some shopping in!"
Tommy rolled his eyes. "You and your shopping! You spend money faster than we can make it!"
"I do not!" She threw her clothes on over her training leotard, and grabbed the car keys. "You coming or what?"
They arrived just in time to meet Disco Steve at the front door.

#213303 2003-08-27 10:22 PM
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
"DISCO STEVE! THIS IS THE TIME TRUST!" a voice inside Disco's mind yelled.

"AIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!" Disco screamed in pain, falling to the floor. He started convulting.

"Oh, I am sorry. Let me turn down the volume. My mistake."

Disco Steve stopped yelling and convulting and stood up. "So, what's up?"

"Disco Steve! Would you like to join me and a new member in a mission?"

"Sure," Disco Steve replied. Then he hesitated. "Wait, who's this new member?"

"Uh, well..."

"Ah, nevermind. He can't be worse than Howdy, can he?"

"Eh... No..."

#213304 2003-08-27 10:22 PM
2000+ posts
OP Offline
2000+ posts
"Anyway, everyone's left on four missions, Disco. If you wish to join Mxy and I, we can meet you at this address:"

The words:

2089 West 4th Avenue

popped up just in front of Disco's head as holographs.

"Heh. Cool, I'll be there in a few minutes."

"I'll see you there. Good to have you back in the MBL, Disco Steve."

The image faded.

"I hope so... I hope this hasn't been a mistake... 'Mxy,' huh? Sounds like the name of a hot chick!"

Disco turned around suddenly and bumped into...

"Nuriko!"

"Hello, Disco. So the MBL is back again?"

"Looks like. I'm on my way to join The Time Trust and a new member."

"Nuriko!"

"Gah!" Disco Steve jumped again. "I hate it when he does that!"

Nuriko was inscrutable. "Long time no see, huh?"

"Indeed. I'll put you in contact with Kristogar Velo and Eurostar, if that's all right with you."

"Sure. Can I bring Tommy along?"

"I... guess so..."

Disco Steve just shrugged into the video camera and left for West 4th Avenue in downtown Thunder City.

#213305 2003-08-27 10:36 PM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
"All right, I think the next thing to do is talk to the members of the media who reported the UFO sightings, see what they know," Kristogar Velo explains to the Eurostar.

"Okay," replied Euro. "But the media has not been always agreeable with the MBL."

"Let's try the Thunder City Tribune. The editor and I are buds," Kristogar said.

#213306 2003-08-28 12:16 AM
living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
". . .are you complainin' about, you big baby, the smell will go away, eventually!" Howdy said, striding into the bar.

Grimm followed, mumbling to himself, perturbed about the stench from Howdy's toxic beer fart.

"Grimm!"

"Gah! What the. . ."

"It's me, TTT, I'm speaking to you on the communicator we gave you before you left HQ."

"Ah, yeah, found it." Grimm said, fumbling around in his pocket, while looking for a place to sit. "Remind me to turn that thing off next time. . ." he mumbled to himself.

"So, what's up, TTT?" He said into the communicator.

"I just wanted to inform you and Capt. Howdy that LLance is on his way to rendevouz with you. TTT, out."

"Ah, okay. Cool, I guess." Grimm responded, shoving the communicator back in his pocket.

"What the hell did he want?" Howdy asked.

"Ah, he said somebody called LLance was gonna meet with us here."

"Arse!" Howdy said. "Roy! Two pitchers dammit, and fast! Oh, and bring somethin' for my friend to drink, too!"

#213307 2003-08-28 12:22 AM
1000+ posts
1000+ posts
Speedy: What the hell are we doing?

I-Man: It's a stakeout. The less attention we draw the better.

The three heroes perched on a nearby rooftop looking out at the Forrester Building, binoculars and scopes in hand.

Gooz: Three guys are leaving the building in the back. Dark suits and all. Suspicious. Oh, and hand me my coffee, Speedy...

I-Man: Speedy? He said...oh no.

The two turned and looked, only to notice that their impatient third had vanished...

Gooz: So much for Plan A.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard