Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
500+ posts
OP Offline
500+ posts
I have NO idea when this game is going to be released. I thought Silicon Knights were slow. Then I thought other Nintendo games were slow. Then I converted over to the Mothership, Microsoft. Did I mention slow?

Remember Halo? Can't remember the initial release date, but we are looking at September now. I think. Perfect Dark isn't even coming out on Xbox. Though Rare promises some kind of surprises. Eh, they can kiss my ass.

But this is about Fable.

Fable is coolness. Evolution of character, really. It's everything we learned from Zelda's Ocarina stuff and the Sims. That means, Aging, consequences, and a hell of a lot of free movement around.

Character who fights a lot get bulky. Also, kind of hairy. Character who relies on magic remains a little weak turd, albeit a powerful little weiak turd.
Characters tan if they hang out in the sun, or get pale if they decide to go it by night. And their exploits are recorded, and they become famous.

This kind of makes me recall visiting villages in the latter zelda games--talking to kids and adults and helping people out, or having people hear about something that was accomplished "Oh, thank you for saving us from the Dondogo Dragon, Big Brother wants to see you, have you talked to him?"

I suspect this is more complicacted then that, because they say that other characters will go on quests and whatnot, as a result of your actions. Kind of reminds me of KOTOR.

KOTOR, the Sims, Zelda. Those are some good games. Music is done by Danny Elfman. This promises to be something special.

On another note, my one problem with some RPGS is turn taking. I need real time combat. That was the only "flaw" in KOTOR. Jade Empire corrects that. Same style, but with real-time. Albeit martial arts. Cool, huh. Again, all of this is Xbox exclusive, or maybe for PC too.

Words not violence, break the silence. Maybe.
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
This is one game I'm looking forward to seeing. I'm hoping it comes out for the PC.

Link Copied to Clipboard