Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
OP Offline
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
All in all, a very good show. I was quite surprised how Triple H jobbed to Shelton Benjamin. My favorite part, however, was the Highlight Reel between Y2J and Trish Stratus. God, I have waited two and a half fucking years to see Jericho talk smack like that. The best was when he called Trish a filthy... dirty... disgusting... brutal... BOTTOM-FEEDING TRASH-BAG HO!! God, how I've missed that!

Knutreturns said: Spoken like the true Greatest RDCW Champ!

All hail King Snarf!

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I think Triple H has been replaced by an evil clone!

500+ posts
500+ posts
Quote:

Son of Mxy said:
I think Triple H has been replaced by an evil clone!

but weres his goatee?

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
resting on vince's balls!

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
*ZING!*

Overall, I liked the show. I'd fully expected Benjamin to have to lay down for the H's. I was quite surprised when the match didn't end instantly and Benjamin was actually able to look good in the ring. Imagine my surprise when he got the pin. I'd still rather have the Dudley's and Booker T, though.

How many times in one night can you threaten somebody by booking them against Kane? Nice to see that some things don't change (please read with sarcasm). Good to see Tajiri win, though. I just wish they could get him some competition that will let him do more than just kicks.

I think Nowhereman had it right in the RDCW forum by giving the next PPV the name Re-Hash. That's all that seems to be getting booked for it right now. Another Jericho vs. Christian. HBK/Beniot/HHH title match. How unenthusiastic can an audience be with a match announcement? There was no reaction from them. NONE! And that's supposed to be the main event. No one wants to see it again. But maybe the tag match with Beniot and Michaels getting the tag belts and celebrating before the decision was reversed can give this angle a shot in the arm and take it in another direction. I just wish they'd keep Flair out of the ring. He doesn't move like he used to anymore.

Maybe this is a new beginning for RAW. They did pull the rug out from under me several times during the show. Only one appearance by Austin in Sheriff mode. I'll be watching to see where all this goes.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
25+ posts
25+ posts
The past couple of Raws have really made me become unenthused at wrestling in general. Yes, everything is just a rehash right now. Its sad...

BUTTPLUG!
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
well, considering the wwe fan base demos now have huge black and latino populations, the shelton push may have been deliberate. similarly, eddie has the belt, and booker t got a "staring" spot on smackdown. we could be seeing a new direction (away from stone cold and undertaker's now-former hillbilly shtick)

giant picture
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
King actually had me LMAO for most of the show. He was really on his game. JR, on the other hand. Since when are Kane's nuts located in his sternum?

<sub>Will Eisner's last work - The Plot: The Secret Story of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion
RDCW Profile

"Well, as it happens, I wrote the damned SOP," Illescue half snarled, "and as of now, you can bar those jackals from any part of this facility until Hell's a hockey rink! Is that perfectly clear?!" - Dr. Franz Illescue - Honor Harrington: At All Costs

"I don't know what I'm do, or how I do, I just do." - Alexander Ovechkin</sub>
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
My favorite comment of the night came during the Benjamin/HHH match when Benjamin hopped up off the canvas and JR called it athleticism to which the King respondedd, "You can't use that in a match against Triple H."

Those accidental shoots are the funniest.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
who else loved the classic ric flair prat fall?

y'know, the one where he fakes like he's in a boxing match, then BLAM, he falls to the ground in a manner that has no relation to the actual wrasslin match.

he hasn't done that in a while.

what he does still do, even more often now, is the "going up to the top rope" routine, but instead of doing some sorta leap move (which he hasn't successfully completed since starcade 95), his opponent grabs him and tosses him across the ring.

king now calls that move pretty well -- "no, nature boy! that isn't the way!"

giant picture
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Maybe he keeps going to the top rope so that he'll finally get it right at Backlash? At least that would be a nice surprise.

<sub>Will Eisner's last work - The Plot: The Secret Story of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion
RDCW Profile

"Well, as it happens, I wrote the damned SOP," Illescue half snarled, "and as of now, you can bar those jackals from any part of this facility until Hell's a hockey rink! Is that perfectly clear?!" - Dr. Franz Illescue - Honor Harrington: At All Costs

"I don't know what I'm do, or how I do, I just do." - Alexander Ovechkin</sub>
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Another three way main event at the PPV? Wow, how inspired.

My first assumption is that Michaels turn heel, causing Benoit to lose and making Hearst the champion YET AGAIN, but that would seem too WCW-ish. Then again, every time I've thought that the past couple of years, they do seem to WCW the whole deal...

And that's terrible.
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I've never actually seen Ric Flair finish any of those top rope moves he's been trying to do lately.

D'you think, in an alternate dimension, there are fans of the Nature Boy who are regularly treated to frog splashes, moonsaults and shooting star presses?

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said:
who else loved the classic ric flair prat fall?

y'know, the one where he fakes like he's in a boxing match, then BLAM, he falls to the ground in a manner that has no relation to the actual wrasslin match.

he hasn't done that in a while.

Actually he does the "Flair Flop" pretty frequently. He did it twice this week and Triple H even did one in his match. It's just a shame that he's slowed down so much. It's hard to watch him move so slowly, remembering what he used to be.

It's also hard to watch the H's, but that's because he's so damn boring. Same shit every match. Punch, kick, kneedrop, irish whips, blahblahblah, Pedigree. Boring. I'll say it right here: Benjamin carried him in that match last night.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
It's all about the Benjamins!

Link Copied to Clipboard