Artemis
(Bio taken from DC Comics.com)

Group Affiliation: None
Base of Operations: Gateway City, Themyscira
Height: 6’1”
Weight: 160 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Red
Powers: Thanks to a spell from the sorceress Circe, Artemis has immortality, but not invulnerability, super strength or speed.
Weapons/Paraphernalia: A bow with a quiver of arrows and a broadsword.
Origin: Artemis is a member of the Amazons of Bana-Mighdall, the so-called "Lost Tribe of Amazons." Artemis was one of hundreds of the Lost Tribe to be placed on Paradise Island by the witch Circe, who hoped to set the two nations of Amazons to war. Only Artemis, 14 at the time, denounced the invasion. After battling with Hippolyta's Amazons and a demonic horde, the Amazons of Bana-Mighdall were forced to settle on the far side of Paradise Island.
First Appearance: WONDER WOMAN #90 (September 1994)

Arrowette
(Bio taken from The Unofficial Guide to the DCU)

Group Affiliation: Young Justice
Base of Operations: Mobile
Height: 5’7”
Weight: 107 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blond
Powers: None
Weapons/Paraphernalia: A bow and a quiver of arrows
Origin: Her mother having failed her attempt as a superhero due to a bad case of carpal tunnel, Cissie King-Jones found herself living out her mother’s dream, whether she wanted to or not. Training her daughter in archery, Bonnie King eventually pushed her daughter into her career as ARROWETTE.
First Appearance: IMPULSE #28 (August 1997)

The Scenario

Due to a team-up between Marvel's uber-powerful Gamemaster and DC's time-traveling trickster Chronos, the world as we know it has been thrown into turmoil.

Namely, seven heroes have been displaced into the Middle Ages in England. The ruler, the tyrannical Sheriff of Nottingham has placed all of them under arrest for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Each of them plots to escape, until they find out why they are being imprisoned. A local renegade has also been arrested and the Sheriff intends to make sport of the people jailed. Rather than put them all to death, the Sheriff has decreed that the winner of an archery competition will be set free (and, according to the Gamemaster and Chronos, will also be sent to their proper place in history), while the other seven will be put to death.

Artemis or Cissie?
single choice
Artemis (56%, 10 Votes)
Arrowette (44%, 8 Votes)
Total Votes: 18
Voting on this poll ends: 2004-04-30 2:52 AM
500+ posts
500+ posts
I went with Arrowette because she has been shown winning Olympic gold for archery. Where as Artemis is a warrior jack of all trade master of none. In a fight against each other it would be all amazon but in a straight archery contest Arrowette all the way.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
I don't know what to vote, they're both from DC!

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
Vanessa Harding.

I have gas.
2000+ posts
I have gas.
2000+ posts
I figure everyone will vote for Artemis, so I went with Arrowette. 'sides, I think Artemis would lose then walk over and kill Arrowette.

"You kind of get tired giving the other team credit. At some point you've got to look in the mirror and say 'I sucked.'"

Alex Rodriguez, after the NY Yankees were eliminated from the 2006 ALDS by the Detroit Tigers.

Link Copied to Clipboard