Print Thread
Bianca Offline OP
Frustrated! . . . with kids!
2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
From Ain't It Cool News....

Sweeps Day 10: Mia Wallace Has Way Way Cool JUSTICE_LEAGUE UNLIMITED Info From WonderCon!!
I am – Hercules!!

<snip> Here’s “Mrs. Mia Wallace” with all the exciting details: Hi, gang, this is Mrs. Mia Wallace checking in from WonderCon where they screened the spectacular Justice League Series Finale and had a great panel about all things Dini/Timm. I tried to get as many accurate quotes and details as I could…

Be warned, there be spoilers ahead!

Panel: Alan Burnett (producer), Paul Dini, Bruce Timm, Stan Berkowitz (story editor), Dwayne McDuffie(story editor).

(Bruce Timm): Season 3 and 4 has been picked up, and retitled Justice League Unlimited.

Starcrossed is available on DVD July 13th. It was just announced on May 7th that Starcrossed will now air first on the Cartoon Network. The network has revised its May schedule and will air the three-part episode on Saturday, May 29 at 7:30 p.m.

Season 3 (retitled Justice League Unlimited) starts in August. There are DVD extras; lots of interviews with BT and Stan. They talk about the background of characters, why they chose this Hawkman over the Hawkman in the comic. It will be a wide and full screen. “DVD is the best way to watch it. Great Sound.” - Bruce Timm

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

A

H

E

A

D

!

!

!

!

Season 2 Finale (part 1 of 3)
Title: Starcrossed
Story by Rich Fogel
Directors Dan Riba and Butch Lumie

Opens with an untitled bogey heading towards Washington DC. It’s a Gordanian Class 7 cruiser. It is shot down by a larger spaceship just as the Gordanians threaten the White House. The door opens and Hawkman appears dramatically.

The credits roll.

Commander Ro Talon tells the JL “The fate of your world may hang in the balance.” They are here to protect us from the Gordanians. He sent Hawkgirl to Earth 5 years ago as a spy. Our defenses are “unprepared for what is about to come…the greatest evil in the universe - our mortal enemies the Gordanians…This will be the fate of the Earth unless you accept our help…We are your only salvation.”

John (Green Lantern) is mad Hawkgirl didn’t tell him. “What else aren’t you telling me?” As she stammers “Well actually…” Hawman approaches: “Darling, at last.” He kisses her and introduces himself to John Stewart.

John says “I though he’d be taller.” He broods out in the hallway, where Batman offers him unsolicited advice. “The most mysterious creatures in the universe. Women.” MM and Flash gather, too “You and Hawkgirl? Get out!” says Flash. John asks why MM didn’t read her mind and tell him. Martian Manhunter says he can’t read any of the Hawkpeople’s minds.

Meanwhile Hawkman has set up an elaborate spread of cheesy music, fireplace and food from their homeworld to seduce Hawkgirl. She thinks he is “very thoughtful.” They reminisce and he puts the moves on her. Superman interrupts on the com to say that Earth has accepted their offer of help.

The next day everyone helps build the generator that will protect Earth. Flash tries to tell Hawkgirl that Ro Talon isn’t that great. “Sure he’s big and impossibly good looking. That doesn’t make him a hero.” Just then Hawkman rescues a lamb from the path of a tractor as Hawkgirl watches approvingly.

Meanwhile, Batman and Wonder Woman are probing deeper into the fortuitous appearance of Hawkman. “I don’t believe in coincidence,” says Batman as he autopsies the enemy alien pulled from the first spaceship. Wonder Woman questions his knowledge of alien anatomy. “I know I frozen liver when I see one. I think we’ve been set up.”

Batman dresses up as an old delegate and spies on Hawkman. He hears the Gordanians are “nowhere near earth.” They catch Batman spying and order the waiting ships to “Deploy contingency forces now.”

Our military counterattacks but their weapons are jammed. The Hawkpeople have kryptonite, a gravity beam, everything needed to take down each JL member. They activate the force field generator and trap the JL. John Stewart confronts Hawk girl, “Do you ever stop lying? Who’s side are you really on?” She chides him softly “Don’t you know?” They stare into each other’s eyes. She cold cocks him. “It’s for your own good.”

TO BE CONTINUED…

The credits roll, and the panel answers questions again.

BruceT: It actually gets worse from this point on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you want to read the rest . . . Go here...

Ahh man... - Bianca
Ahh woman... - Pat

Bianca & Patrick ~ September 30, 2006
Bianca Offline OP
2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
From Comics2Film.com . . .

"Starcrossed" Brings "Justice League" to a Brilliant Close
By Maxie Zeus
05-10-2004, 10:30 PM
ToonZone.net
--------------------------------------------

Two and a half years ago, Justice League premiered with "Secret Origins," a story in which Earth's mightiest heroes (and two from other planets) joined together to defeat an invasion from outer space. Now, with "Starcrossed," another interstellar invasion shatters the League and wraps up the series in high style with its most exciting and engrossing adventure.

This time the attack comes from a putatively friendly direction. An armada from Thanagar—Hawkgirl's homeworld—drops from the skies and saves Washington D.C. from an attack by a Gordanian warship. The expedition's leader, Hro Talak, warns the leaders of Earth that the Gordanians, Thanagar's mortal enemies, are preparing an invasion of Earth and offers Thanagarian protection in the form of a garrison and planetary force field. But Batman (who never was one to believe in coincidences) discovers that the Gordanian attack was only a ruse and, sneaking aboard the Thanagarian flagship, finds evidence that the occupying forces have other motives. Alerted to the breach in their security, the Thanagarians quickly change footing and enforce a military occupation upon the Earth. And the Justice League—whose weaknesses the Thanagarians have studied and prepared for—are quickly defeated and imprisoned.

That's because their plans have been laid well in advance, and Hawkgirl stands revealed as their agent and advance scout. And John Stewart's sense of betrayal is not improved when he learns that his sweetheart and Hro Talak are, shall we say, an item.

"Starcrossed" works on many levels, but at its simplest and most visceral it's a knockout action story. The series has had its highs and lows when it's come to group-on-group melees, but "Starcrossed" easily puts every other Justice League fight in the shade with combat sequences that are so fluid, so expertly cut, and so epic in scope that they leave you gaping, gasping and laughing all at once. And it's not just in the aerial combat sequences, with their sky-filling fleets of cartwheeling attack fighters and rank upon rank of Thanagarian legionnaires, descending like pagan angels, that amaze. There is a Justice League prison break that is (hold on while I mix my metaphors) storyboarded with the crispness of a mathematical proof and executed with the dazzle of a musical dance number. And there is a taut, dramatic and bone-crunching one-on-one duel at the climax that will rattle your teeth.

As drama, the episode is tense and suspenseful. Hawkgirl's apparent treachery is a blow to everyone on the League (Green Lantern, grimly, even seems to take it in somewhat better spirit than some of his teammates) and also to those of us in the audience who thought her the most fun and attractive of the bunch. Is her loyalty to Thanagar as deep-rooted as it seems? That's a spoiler I won't reveal, except to say the final scene is unexpected and deeply affecting. But the scripters (led by Rich Fogel, with able assists by John Ridley and Dwayne McDuffie) mean you to have your doubts about her, and there's a climactic moment at the end of Part I that, for all its simplicity, is appalling in its brutality.

Finally, "Starcrossed" doesn't stint on those pleasures that are minor within the scope of the story but which will deeply gratify fans of these heroes. The script is also tightly written, with dialogue that is efficient and characteristic of its speakers. The humor—of which there is not exactly an abundance—is mostly unobtrusive and arises in throwaway moments. And the story, without stopping dead, gives each of its heroes a moment to shine.

In only one respect is "Starcrossed" not particularly lustrous. The story tries to work on the theme of divided loyalties and to develop a conflict between necessary ends and the unattractive means to them. Unlike the White Martians of "Secret Origins," the Thanagarians come not as world-conquering evildoers and stand accused of nothing worse than ruthless self-interest. Still, in the context of this story, that's enough to make one slightly impatient with some of the dramatic scenes between Hawkgirl and Hro Talak, and every viewer will hiss loudly at the invasion force and cheer lustily when the League opens a can of whup ass on them.

The League will be back later this summer with a new iteration on the series, Justice League Unlimited—fortunately so, otherwise the ending-which-is-not-quite-an-ending to "Starcrossed" would be nearly unbearable. But it will, in light of this episode, be a new series with a new Justice League. August 7 cannot come soon enough.

Justice League: "Starcrossed" will debut on Cartoon Network on Saturday, May 29, at 7:30pm (ET/PT).

Ahh man... - Bianca
Ahh woman... - Pat

Bianca Offline OP
2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
From Comics Continuum...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JUSTICE LEAGUE ANIMATED UPDATE

Hector Elizondo is providing a guest-voice for "Starcrossed," the three-part episode of Justice League that will debut on Cartoon Network on Saturday, May 27.

Elizondo provides the voice of Kragger, a high-ranking officer in the Thanagarian army and right-hand man to Hro Talak.

Elizondo previously worked for Warner Bros. Animation as the voice of Bane in Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman movie and the Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu video game.

Victor Rivers provides of the voice of Hro Talak.

Last edited by Bianca; 2004-05-19 2:10 PM.
2000+ posts
2000+ posts
Didnt this episode already air, i saw it on TV this monday.

The Leg Breakerer: Kung Fu Masta!!!
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
The first two parts already aired and the last part airs this saturday... oh you mean in the US.

2000+ posts
2000+ posts
i saw all the parts...they aired them all on at the same time. I guess we got it first in Canada

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Yeah, but the downside is that you're still a canuck.

Bianca Offline OP
2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
Quote:

winged creature said:
i saw all the parts...they aired them all on at the same time. I guess we got it first in Canada

Nope, us poor 'Merikans haven't seen it yet . . . well, those of us who haven't downloaded it yet.

Ahh man... - Bianca
Ahh woman... - Pat

2000+ posts
2000+ posts
Quote:

I'm Not Mister Mxypltk said:

and god damn proud of it!!!

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

winged creature said:
Quote:

I'm Not Mister Mxypltk said:

and god damn proud of it!!!

I think that's the greater downside, personally...

Bianca Offline OP
2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
Okay, I'm pretty sure that Starcrossed has aired in every country that most of you people are from . . . so where's the feedback on it? Hmm? Are you guys slacking off or what?

I did manage to catch it . . . but missed the opening because I forgot it was on and just happened to be channel surfing when I ran across it. I didn't have the chance to tape it (wasn't at home to watch it) and with kids running around and yelling and screaming, it was very distracting and I missed a lot.

So, who wants to start off on the praise/spitting of the Season 2 Finale? Hmm?

Ahh man... - Bianca
Ahh woman... - Pat

kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
Finally saw it and I loved it! SPOILERS

SPOILERS

My favorite part was when Flash was unsure about revealing his secret identity and Bats just steps up and points to him, the others, takes his mask off and says, "Wally West, Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne." That was great. I wasn't much of a Hawkgirl fan, but I really liked her in these episodes. She really had a chance to shine. As for the rest I am still taking it all in, but overall I loved it.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Havent seen it yet but my brother told me it sucked because they kept putting ads for Transformers underneath the show and loud noises!
Also Cartoon Network kept showing SPOILERS between commercial breaks.
Ill wait to rent the DVD.

too blessed to be stressed
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
Yeah, those sounds were annoying. They would come up all of a sudden and they would drown out what would be going on in the episode. Not the first show that CN has done that to.

Bianca Offline OP
2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
From Comics Continuum....

In other Justice League news:

* Warner Home Video has released additional details about the Justice League: Starcrossed DVD, due in stores on July 13. Special features on the DVD will include "Hawkman: From Comics to Cartoon" featurette; "The Flash's Tour of the Justice League Watchtower" and interviews with the cast and filmmakers.

Ahh man... - Bianca
Ahh woman... - Pat

old one eye
2500+ posts
old one eye
2500+ posts
SPOILERS
I loved the part where Bats Sacrificed the watchtower. I thought CN was going to try something bold amd let Bats die in the crash. I wonder how fans would react if he had died?

How you doin'?

Link Copied to Clipboard