Film students... feh!

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
The Gooz is back!

GoozX Offline OP
500+ posts
OP Offline
500+ posts

Have you ever looked into a mirror and wondered if behind it was another world, the same... but totally different?
- Reflection (2002) UTOPIAN PRODUCTIONS
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Gooz, good stuff; but since it has nothing to do with the main story, could you move it to its own thread as per the guideline that were agreed to?

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
GoozX Offline OP
500+ posts
OP Offline
500+ posts
Quote:

thedoctor said:
Gooz, good stuff; but since it has nothing to do with the main story, could you move it to its own thread as per the guideline that were agreed to?

These guidelines?

Quote:

1.) One character per writer in the main story. Period.

Check. Priest. Check.

Quote:

2.) Any character that is left "unattended" for more than a three (3) month period, and is not removed or secured in any manner, shall become the immediate "property" of the group, until such a time when the creator of said character returns to deal with his/her creation.

I was only gone for 2 and 3/4 months, so this does not apply to me. No?

Quote:

3.) Personal sub-stories are to be limited to Solo Threads. The Vanguard is a group story. A group idea. As such, delving into the personal history and solo sub-story of a character in the middle of a group tale is detrimental to the flow, pacing, and creativity of the writers you are working with. Create a solo thread. Create a million solo threads. Whatever. The main idea, here, is to clean up the amount of extraneous fluff added into a group story, that serves to enhance, focus, or force attention on the personal issues of a single character, or writer.

My posts have included a variety of characters, a "group" if you will. No real personal info has been developed nor established.

It doesn't seem like the posts have been "detrimental" to the mission story posts, which have had days between posts.

Quote:

4.) Vanguard is about Vanguard. Yes, the EPS are interesting characters. Yes, The Order, the Asylum, the Hoods/Capes, Psi-Unit, and The Pantheon are ALL interesting characters. And, yes, they should be delved into and explored.......in solo threads. The use of them within the main story is not in question IF they have something to do with the main overall plotline of the story itself (as seen in #14). Whatever devious task Walker is scheming over, or, what the Scion's favorite color happens to be should, in all respects, be covered in solo threads. Even if it means ongoing solo threads. Whatever. The main purpose of this main story is to be about Vanguard. They are the spotlight. They are the stars.

YEah, he Order and EPS are very interesting. I should revisit the EPS in the near future. I sorta miss Turner, think he would fit in with Vanguard? Just about everyone who hated him is gone...

Quote:

5.) The use of the support staff in the main story is limited to the logical use of their intended purpose of creation (i.e. Huerta is a Psychiatrist, Grissom is communications/security, the B-Team are comedy relief, etc). If Charlie's the mechanic, then, let Charlie be the mechanic, and develop her personal life in a solo thread. If Miss X is so mysterious, and Nuriko so cool, then let's see more of that....in a solo thread. Vanguard is about the first-tier characters that we have individually chosen to write.

Grissom was doing communications type stuff, Charley was machanicing, Miss X was doing business and Nuriko was personal assisting Miss X, Kit Piper was messing up as usual, and Lil Jo was being his cat self (ok, so the last one doesn't count). The suport staff has been supporting. Check.

Quote:

6.) Will everyone PLEASE stop using their sig-line in the story? This may not be an issue with the new boards, but man it always bothered me. Breaks the motion of the story....

That has always annoyed me too. I like this rule.

Quote:

7.) All characters created within the main story, as well as solo threads, are Copyright their creator. All rights to drastic/irreversible alterations (IE: killed off, crippled, sent into another dimension from which there is no return, etc.), or other permanent character-altering events are reserved for said creator, and may only be changed by written or verbal consent by him/her. **Amendment authored by: The Time Trust**

Shit... NOTE TO SELF ... Ask Chewy before I kill Charley, ask TTT before I kill Kit Piper and ask Pro before I kill Priest. Ok, this one is hard, but I think I can do it! Check.

Oh, and this stuff very much has to do with the main story. As you will see. As you will be seeing. As I shall show you. As others shall show you. As I really need sleep right now. As I drink.

Good day.

Have you ever looked into a mirror and wondered if behind it was another world, the same... but totally different?
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Quote:

GoozX said:
4.) Vanguard is about Vanguard. Yes, the EPS are interesting characters. Yes, The Order, the Asylum, the Hoods/Capes, Psi-Unit, and The Pantheon are ALL interesting characters. And, yes, they should be delved into and explored.......in solo threads. The use of them within the main story is not in question IF they have something to do with the main overall plotline of the story itself

The main overall story for this issue is Aisling Prison and what's going on there. That's were Vanguard is. Not a plotline that you've left hanging for over a year and have now decided to get back to. I like what you've done so far and look forward to seeing what you do in the future, but it is a story that is a story by itself. Please move it to its own thread where it will have the attention it deserves as well as the current main story.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
GoozX Offline OP
500+ posts
OP Offline
500+ posts
Vanguard is in multiple places.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
No, currently Vanguard, minus Priest, is in Nevada.

GoozX Offline OP
500+ posts
OP Offline
500+ posts
The support staf is vanguard. The complex is Vanguard. Those little things under their glasses and mugs are Vanguard. My underwear is Vanguard. ...etc...

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
No, they aren't. And I really don't want to know about your underwear. Wash it once in a while and you won't have those problems. . .

GoozX Offline OP
500+ posts
OP Offline
500+ posts
The stains actually come out when you wash them?

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
Gooz said it's post have to do with the main story, why you should not believe his words?

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
Quote:

thedoctor said:
Quote:

GoozX said:
4.) Vanguard is about Vanguard. Yes, the EPS are interesting characters. Yes, The Order, the Asylum, the Hoods/Capes, Psi-Unit, and The Pantheon are ALL interesting characters. And, yes, they should be delved into and explored.......in solo threads. The use of them within the main story is not in question IF they have something to do with the main overall plotline of the story itself

The main overall story for this issue is Aisling Prison and what's going on there. That's were Vanguard is. Not a plotline that you've left hanging for over a year and have now decided to get back to. I like what you've done so far and look forward to seeing what you do in the future, but it is a story that is a story by itself. Please move it to its own thread where it will have the attention it deserves as well as the current main story.

The rule says that OTHERS concepts (Order, EPS, etc) can be used in the main Vanguard story only if they are part of the MAIN plotline of the thread.
It doesn't said anything about a secondary plot regarding Vanguard in the same story.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Main story's pretty damn stagnant right now. I kinda miss the cutting to different areas kind of thing. Just my opinion.

Okay, gonna go lurk some more and think about doing my solo story. Have a nice day.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Quote:

3.) Personal sub-stories are to be limited to Solo Threads. The Vanguard is a group story. A group idea. As such, delving into the personal history and solo sub-story of a character in the middle of a group tale is detrimental to the flow, pacing, and creativity of the writers you are working with. Create a solo thread. Create a million solo threads. Whatever. The main idea, here, is to clean up the amount of extraneous fluff added into a group story, that serves to enhance, focus, or force attention on the personal issues of a single character, or writer.

4.) Vanguard is about Vanguard. Yes, the EPS are interesting characters. Yes, The Order, the Asylum, the Hoods/Capes, Psi-Unit, and The Pantheon are ALL interesting characters. And, yes, they should be delved into and explored.......in solo threads. The use of them within the main story is not in question IF they have something to do with the main overall plotline of the story itself (as seen in #14). Whatever devious task Walker is scheming over, or, what the Scion's favorite color happens to be should, in all respects, be covered in solo threads. Even if it means ongoing solo threads. Whatever. The main purpose of this main story is to be about Vanguard. They are the spotlight. They are the stars.

These were presented with the intention of trying to have us work together and not just go off and do our own things in the middle of main stories. An attempt to put the team mentality in the fore front, if you will. So far I only see Priest being involved with a plotline that Gooz established well over a year ago using our support staff. This is no different than last year when Sammitch went off on his own personal story in the middle of an issue claiming that it was going to involve the whole team. Looking back on it, I still see no way that it had any effect on the rest of the team. This was an issue that was discussed when the rules were proposed, and this interpretation of these rules was stated and was not rebuted and was accepted. Goox has made a good story, but it is a story in and of itself that should be on its own and not smashed in the middle of another story.

Talking to Gooz last night on IM, something was said that I think needs to be clarified. I went back and checked the thread where we proposed and discussed the rules. The question of us presenting this as an ultimatum was brought up then just as Gooz did last night. Pro, Grimm, and I addressed this and said that the rules weren't an ultimatum nor was our assertion that we were breaking off from the main group if they weren't adopted. If anyone still sees it as that and only agreed to the rules to keep us from leaving, please let me know. We asked you then and wanted to make sure that you agreed to these rules because you agreed with them and for no other reason.

If this is how we're going to use these guidelines, I think the experiment is a failure. They seemed to be tossed aside and forgotten not long after they were supposed to be enacted. As was stated earlier, I feel that these rules create an environment that I'd work better in in the future. I was going to wait until the end of this story, but I no longer have the patience. I don't even have the energy to write Adem out. He's just gone. I'll stay on this board, but I'll work outside the main stories from now on. Once again, this isn't an ultimatum but an unavoidable fact.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
I'm out, too. I don't want any part of people who agree to something, then just toss it aside when it suits them.

People keep saying "just have fun." Well, the stories aren't fun. Certain posters who continue to put their own personal creations and interests above the main stories rather than focus on the group and try to better the teamwork that's been missing from the HR universe since it began, continually keep the stories from not only being fun, but also coherent.

And quite frankly, I'm tired of dealing with it.

GoozX Offline OP
500+ posts
OP Offline
500+ posts
Your way or the highway. That is exactly an ultimatum. And using this as a front to "pull" your characters from the story is bullshit, you were pulling them anyway and should not use this incident as "reason" to pull them.

You guys never intended to stay, and simply pulling the characters with no exit post/write out is rude and insulting. I hope Pro has more tack when/if he exits.

Quote:

I don't want any part of people who agree to something, then just toss it aside when it suits them.

Never did I like, nor agree to the "RULES" you guys set and bend to fit your desires of what the board should be. This board does not consist of 3 posters, stop trying to make everyone conform to your exact ideas. Not everything is perfect, nor should everything be perfect.

GoozX Offline OP
500+ posts
OP Offline
500+ posts
Oh, and to add. Grimm, you should not take this as evryone breakign the rules so early. If you are diehard that my posts broke the rules (which I do not agree with), than it is just me, so your "reason" for leaving is bull.

Ask me. I'll delete and leave.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Quote:

GoozX said:
Your way or the highway. That is exactly an ultimatum.

It was never that. We worked with the other people on this board to make guidelines that we were all comfortable with. Never was it an our way or the highway concept.

Quote:

And using this as a front to "pull" your characters from the story is bullshit, you were pulling them anyway and should not use this incident as "reason" to pull them.

It has been known that we were pulling our characters, yes. I'm not pulling Adem now in the middle of the story because of your story. I'm doing it because there has been a show of people in this group who were present and involved in the discussion of the guidelines now argueing over the semantics that were already discussed. I'm not in the mood to keep trying to redefine something just to allow an instance that soem may like in.

Quote:

You guys never intended to stay, and simply pulling the characters with no exit post/write out is rude and insulting.

Yes, it is; and I don't give a fuck anymore. As I told you, I only had Adem in this story because Jackie asked for him to be. I tried to write him out of the action earlier, but he was brought back into the middle of it. I tried to get back into the swing of writing but couldn't. I worked with other people to get rules that they said they agreed to, only to have them come back and reconsider months later. I'm not feeling cooperative anymore.

Quote:

Never did I like, nor agree to the "RULES" you guys set and bend to fit your desires of what the board should be. This board does not consist of 3 posters, stop trying to make everyone conform to your exact ideas. Not everything is perfect, nor should everything be perfect.

Three people didn't set this up and make everyone else follow. Everyone had their say. The group as a whole agreed to it. That's democracy. It was something set up for not just those involved, but anyone who would come in. But, I guess it doesn't matter since it has been proven that people are unable to make a commitment to something for more than a few days. Democracy has failed.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Quote:

thedoctor said:
If anyone still sees it as that and only agreed to the rules to keep us from leaving, please let me know. We asked you then and wanted to make sure that you agreed to these rules because you agreed with them and for no other reason.

Even if you didn't intend it to be that way, I think it's obvious that that's why most people agreed with the rules, as I feared it would be back then. Me, I don't have troubles with the rules. They involve stuff I agree with and stuff I don't do (or that at least I'm not aware of doing, since nobody has pointed them out), but I can see how they could go against some people's definition of what a cooperative story should be. This happened because for some people posting together is more important than producing a quality story, and I never pointed it out again because, to be honest, I don't see a problem with having that conception. I just hoped it would never come to this.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Well, to return to being the cold, heartless bastard, it's the fault of everyone else, then. We said then that it wasn't a demand several times as well as the fact that everyone should agree because they want to agree and not to keep us. If this is how everyone else feels, then I don't want people following guidelines that aren't agreed upon by the majority.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Quote:

thedoctor said:
Quote:

GoozX said:
Your way or the highway. That is exactly an ultimatum.

It was never that. We worked with the other people on this board to make guidelines that we were all comfortable with. Never was it an our way or the highway concept.

Quote:

And using this as a front to "pull" your characters from the story is bullshit, you were pulling them anyway and should not use this incident as "reason" to pull them.

It has been known that we were pulling our characters, yes. I'm not pulling Adem now in the middle of the story because of your story. I'm doing it because there has been a show of people in this group who were present and involved in the discussion of the guidelines now argueing over the semantics that were already discussed. I'm not in the mood to keep trying to redefine something just to allow an instance that soem may like in.

Quote:

You guys never intended to stay, and simply pulling the characters with no exit post/write out is rude and insulting.

Yes, it is; and I don't give a fuck anymore. As I told you, I only had Adem in this story because Jackie asked for him to be. I tried to write him out of the action earlier, but he was brought back into the middle of it. I tried to get back into the swing of writing but couldn't. I worked with other people to get rules that they said they agreed to, only to have them come back and reconsider months later. I'm not feeling cooperative anymore.

Quote:

Three people didn't set this up and make everyone else follow. Everyone had their say. The group as a whole agreed to it. That's democracy. It was something set up for not just those involved, but anyone who would come in. But, I guess it doesn't matter since it has been proven that people are unable to make a commitment to something for more than a few days. Democracy has failed.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Quote:

I'm doing it because there has been a show of people in this group who were present and involved in the discussion of the guidelines now argueing over the semantics that were already discussed.

What posts are you reffering to?

[insert non-dated reference here]
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
I'm staying out of the current controversy, but one thing troubles me:

Doc and Grimm: Could you specify what you mean when you say "people" have broken the rules since they were put in place with issue #14. Specifically who? Specifically when? From what you say it sounds like the rules have been broken more than once in the stories, but as far as I recall I haven't heard anything about this from either of you or anyone else since the rules took effect. If the rules have been broken since the beginning of #14 by someone, it should be addressed as promptly as Gooz's rule-breaking was rather than being alluded to in a non-specific way that seems to implicate everyone.

I can understand your distaste for the way the current story is going -- that seems to be a trend with most people, as can be seen by the lack of posting going on. I'm fed up with the stories, too, and the only reason I'm hanging on is with the hope that they get better... that another issue #14, or issue #11, et cetera, happens somehow. But I can understand why anyone would want to quit at this point.

So quit if you want, but don't quit claiming there's some kind of mass rule-breaking going on, because there isn't. There really isn't. This latest situation with Gooz is the first rule-breaking that I'm aware of since the rules took effect with issue #14, and I hope it can be handled with a bit more diplomacy than it has been so far.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
I mean, the only thing I see is a discussion of what constitutes a Vanguard story, and, outside Gooz, only Euro has added to the discussion and he's not posting right now so it shouldn't be a problem.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Quote:

The Time Trust said:
I'm staying out of the current controversy, but one thing troubles me:

Doc and Grimm: Could you specify what you mean when you say "people" have broken the rules since they were put in place with issue #14. Specifically who? Specifically when? From what you say it sounds like the rules have been broken more than once in the stories, but as far as I recall I haven't heard anything about this from either of you or anyone else since the rules took effect. If the rules have been broken since the beginning of #14 by someone, it should be addressed as promptly as Gooz's rule-breaking was rather than being alluded to in a non-specific way that seems to implicate everyone.

I can understand your distaste for the way the current story is going -- that seems to be a trend with most people, as can be seen by the lack of posting going on. I'm fed up with the stories, too, and the only reason I'm hanging on is with the hope that they get better... that another issue #14, or issue #11, et cetera, happens somehow. But I can understand why anyone would want to quit at this point.

So quit if you want, but don't quit claiming there's some kind of mass rule-breaking going on, because there isn't. There really isn't. This latest situation with Gooz is the first rule-breaking that I'm aware of since the rules took effect with issue #14, and I hope it can be handled with a bit more diplomacy than it has been so far.

Yeah, besides, if anyone has broken the rules I don't think it has been intentionally.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Hey, I admit that the rules originally came about at least partly as a result of crap I pulled. I have never been a shining example of good teamwork, and I refuse to make excuses for that. But I have been doing my best to change my writing to follow the rules better, and I think at least the majority of other posters here have too. To say we've all summarily dismissed the guidelines isn't fair.

I really don't want you guys to leave. You two, Doc and Grimm, are vital to the chemistry of this group (heartless bastards or not), and vital to the functioning of this universe. I feel that regardless of the talent level of the remaining posters, there will be at the very least a significant decline in the quality of the work produced in team stories. So I'm not above pleading with the two of you to reconsider.

But if you're gonna leave the team setting, for whatever reason, don't say that it's because the democratic process or your guidelines or the team's sense of fairness or whatever has failed, because I don't see how it has. This is, as I've said, a notoriously bad time of the year for posting, especially in a team setting. And we all know how stubborn Gooz is. It's not fair to threaten to do something that will drag the group down as a whole when we're not all to blame. I wish you'd both be more patient; half of us are too busy to post in the main story or else have lost interest in it. I would hate to see you guys go, but I'm not gonna waste your time or mine arguing if your minds are made up.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Please read closer. I'm not happy with the fact that once we address an issue, a discussion trying to redefine it months later begins. The current quest to redefine or do away with the rules by Sammitch, Euro, and Gooz is just one more thing that I don't want to deal with. Like I've said before, there are too many posters with too many directions they want to go. A splitting of the team seemed like another way of streamlining the stories and getting rid of the clutter. Plus, I don't like people trying to say that I strong-armed this group into accepting rules they didn't want. That's what Gooz accused me of in a chat despite my constant reassuring in that chat and on this board several months ago that that wasn't the case. As Pro said when we first brought forth the proposal, us leaving right now isn't to hurt the main group or anything. It's to make sure that we all are happy with the writing situation.

GoozX Offline OP
500+ posts
OP Offline
500+ posts
They were going to leave no matter what. All I wanted to do was come back and post. I wanted to enjoy doing something that begin with my first few days on the Web. Never did I want to begin a huge argument or have people quit.

If the team votes on it, I will pull my posts to a... solo and finish off what I intended to do. What that, I will complete all of my loose ends. Then, I will step back and become a reader.

Grimm, doc, do you want to do this all democratic? Than lets do it all that way, bitches.

Vote #1: Should my posts be pulled to a solo thread because they are not "main story posts."

Vote #2: Should Grimm quit?

Vote #3: Should JD quit?

Public voting. None of that private crap.

GoozX Offline OP
500+ posts
OP Offline
500+ posts
Quote:

thedoctor said:
The current quest to redefine or do away with the rules by Sammitch, Euro, and Gooz is just one more thing that I don't want to deal with.

It's just me. Don't pull them into this.

Quote:

Like I've said before, there are too many posters with too many directions they want to go. A splitting of the team seemed like another way of streamlining the stories and getting rid of the clutter.

Why do we need to streamline crap? We are not trying to be professionals. We are not doing this to brag to others.

Quote:

Plus, I don't like people trying to say that I strong-armed this group into accepting rules they didn't want. That's what Gooz accused me of in a chat despite my constant reassuring in that chat and on this board several months ago that that wasn't the case.

I love how you pull and twist things from a chat on to the boards. I can say a lot of things that you have said in "chat", but I don't. Show me the same respect I show you.

Oh, and what were you saying all along? That they weren't "rules"? Yeah. I see that.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Gooz, as you said, they were already leaving. Since they seem to be the only ones that don't agree with your posts being on the main story, I don't see the point of voting.

Quote:

Sammitch, Euro, and Gooz

But what exaclty did they do that's so wrong? The point Euro and Gooz brought up (the only thing Phil did was state he missed an aspect forbidden by the rules. He's completely free to state his opinion) is something we hadn't discussed before. I don't think they're trying to reinterpret the rules, they're simply bringing up a new question we hadn't considered.
I'm not trying to get you guys to stay with this, I already assumed you would be leaving the main story a while ago, what I'm trying to do is see that this big confusion is cleared so you can leave on good terms with the rest of the team.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Just interjecting to say that I refuse to take sides in this debate. Do whatever you will, but I think the mere fact that we're having this arguement only goes to show what a great deal of us already knew: we won't be doing this much longer...

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Like we haven't ALWAYS fought about stuff?

Anyway, I thought of a possible solution: Just do what we've always done with stray plot-threads and tie it in with the main one. Voila! That problem solved.

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
TTT suggestion is the most intelligent one: instead of bitching around, Doc or Grimm could have simply tied up Gooz post to Aisling, showing that somehow the menace was coming from Aisling itself. It would have been their right to do (as for anyone else), this is a collective stories and everyone is entitled to bring the story in the direction he feels.

Also, like Mxy rightly said, we never discussed if one main plot and a secondary one is acceptable, if they both regards Vanguard. Saying that every issue should have just a one, basic plot it's not something good for the stories, IMO.

Third, I don't think any rule could help to write a good story, with the various definite moments a story should have. That could be done just in solo, like both Doc and Grimm are showing with their excellent tales. The collective story is a role play, it should be really done for fun, like a challenge.
In any case, the habit of demolishing any proposed plot advancement, that Doc often has done with my posts, is something bad for the stories at the least as introducing secondary plots, IMO.

I perfectly understand Grimm and Doc motivations: they are very good storytellers, as their stories shown. I appreciate their effort to bring that excellece to the collective stories.
But, that's not the way. Tomb was good because the posters loved each others, because the characters were the same for all the run of the series, and every poster knew them perfectly, and because it was done for fun, not to create good stories. And in fact, not all were good stories, even if every one of them had its fantastic moments. But by then, each day there were at last a new post, while now, by chance (?) since the posting of the rules, the stories are slow and even left hanging not just by the middle, like always has been here, but even at the start and at the end, to the point to have just one poster writing two whole pages by himself.

I don't want to see Grimm and Doc leaving, but they have chosen to do so by months, and I think it's legitimate that they show us what they are capable of doing with Vanguard Europe.

On my part, I think Gooz has done just something refreshing and cool in the story, just like he has usually done. Now if he only would really bring Turner in Vanguard...

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Quote:

Euro said: by chance (?) since the posting of the rules, the stories are slow and even left hanging not just by the middle, like always has been here, but even at the start and at the end, to the point to have just one poster writing two whole pages by himself.

The stories were slow for some time before the rules were posted. Hardly something you can blame that on.

I'm not going back over the last few months because frankly I have neither the time nor the patience to do so right now, and in the end, really all it's going to do is dredge up more shit for people to fight over.

Which truly, despite what my disposition may seem at times, I am really tired of.

Euro brings up TOMB, and an excellent point that the posters were working together and having fun, which we've largely not had here. I mean, honestly, if every story could be like the last half of issue fourteen, I don't think we'd ever need these discussions. But they're not. Which is a sad thing.

There are too many people trying to take the group in too many directions at the same time. Which gets us nowhere. Too many people not working together. Very few of us having fun. Way too much bickering. So sometimes it's better to just step away, which is what we're doing.

We need to do something that fits with our creative instincts, as do the rest of you. Maybe it will work. Maybe it won't. But something's gotta change here.

I'll write the characters out tomorrow.

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
Quote:

Grimm said:
The stories were slow for some time before the rules were posted. Hardly something you can blame that on.

Maybe I am wrong.

But of one thing I am sure:
the first four issue of HR were fun, unpredictable, and partecipated like Tomb was. We were working together AND also fighting each others (EPS vs MBL) and that was good.

There was no need of rules, and even if the MBL was interrupted by the EPS posts, that was entertaining and created not confusion for the ones who posted by then.

Streamlining that has brought up just stagnation.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard