Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
500+ posts
OP Offline
500+ posts
Click here!

If you don't . . . ask someone who does.

Bringing a little order to message boards everywhere!
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
How come the Children of Nature aren't mentioned? Everything started when Panta got banned for saying Hulk Hogan's name in Kris Oaktree's forum.

500+ posts
OP Offline
500+ posts
I think that came after I wrote this. Either that or I edited it for space. Note the date--it's been awhile.
Would anyone mind reviewing this for me? It got NO reviews in all the time it's been up. I suspect it's because nobody got the joke, but even a quick line saying "What's this all about?" would have been nice. So if you can take a minute to say something (something good, if you can manage it), please do.

Bringing a little order to message boards everywhere!
7500+ posts
7500+ posts
Reminds me of a post from the Wizard Boards back in the day... some guy named Arsenal did a suicide post, saying he was gonna pull the trigger as soon as he hits send. Caused quite a stir...

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
Quote:

NurikoK98 said:
Click here!

I won an ipod for clicking on that link!

Thanks!

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Who the fuck was Captain Nasty?
Sounds like someone was trying to rip me off!

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Methinks everybody believed you and didn't see any sense in doing a review if you weren't going to be around to appreciate it.

So...all this time later and you still have no real friends and you're in love w/ a guy who calls himself Bowser342 and lives on the left side of the continent, eh?

-----once over and twice twisted---------
[insert non-dated reference here]
10000+ posts
[insert non-dated reference here]
10000+ posts
Super happy fun slide.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

NurikoK98 said:
Click here!

Hehe! Yeah. That's Martin alright.

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
[
Quote:

TESSERACT ETERNITY

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author: KellyM99

Date: 8/5/01

Time: 5:57 pm

Subject: MY FINAL GOODBYE (I mean it this time, I’m not kidding!)

I hope you people are happy. I’m going to kill myself, and it’s all your fault.

As soon as I’ve said my last piece here, and hit the “Send” button, I’m going to swallow all these nice pills here beside me, with a slug of Cherry Pepsi. Then I’m going to go to my room, put on my favorite Beatles CD, lie down on my bed, and wait to die.

But first, I have some things I want to say to you all. Please hear me out, with an open mind.

I can remember when the whole thing began. Back on the Best Comics message boards. Remember those days, a whole two years ago? I know some of you here were there back then. The board was brand new, and it was a lot of fun.

I was clicking around one day, trying to find a topic that wasn’t another variation of “Can X beat Y?”, when I saw “Losers of the world unite!” I thought it looked interesting, and so I went in to investigate.

My, that was a long time ago, wasn’t it?
Those were the days. You could type a post, hit “Send”, and by the time you were back to the main page, someone had already topped it. We were the first triple-digit thread on the BC boards.

That’s what caused the crash.

When BC went down, we had nowhere to go. That was when Funnyface created the BeHappy! Club. And we had chats. I remember staying up till 4:00 in the morning once, on a roleplaying chat. No one wanted to go to bed. You could go into that chat room any time of the day, there’d always be someone in there.

We don’t even have a club anymore, do we?

But I’m getting ahead of myself.

Remember the Hall of Losers? The Beer Fountain and the chocolate (anatomically correct ) statues? The word association thread? (Actually, I think we still have one of those.)

Those were good times. In fact, we had such a good time that Rod the Mod closed us down.

So now we had nowhere to go again.

Then out of nowhere appeared Tesseract Eternity! A board that Mike Tower, a.k.a. the Madman, a.k.a Tesseract Eternity, had bought with his own money, just so we could have a place to play.

And those early days were great. We only had four forums, but that was all we needed. It was a jumping place.

We expanded. We recruited more members. There were some real jerks (remember Captain Nasty, who wouldn’t stay banned?), but for the most part, everyone was really nice.

It was about this time that I noticed I had no life.

This was brought to my attention by my friend Cheryl, who called me up one night when I was in the middle of reading one of Scooter’s stories. She invited me out for a drink, but I said no. I didn’t want to stop now.

She got mad and hung up. That was when it occurred to me: when was the last time I had been out with Cheryl? November? November of last year?

I didn’t have any friends who weren’t names on a screen. I didn’t have anyone I could go out with. So I decided to take a break from the boards.

OK, no I didn’t. I got mad at something Electric Davy said and posted a quit message. I got 17 replies telling me not to go, and four saying basically “don’t let the door hitcha on the way out.”

I managed to last two and a half days away from the computer, and then I was back.

And then I saw another ED post, and quit again.

And came back.

Everyone got pretty sick of it, and I was actually banned for a week, but I pleaded my case with Mike, and he let me back.

I just didn’t know how else to get my point across. I’ve never been good at confrontations. People get me so mad that the only thing I can think of to do to hurt them is to hurt myself, and hope they’ll notice.

It all worked itself out eventually. Electric Davy apologized (for probably the last time), and everything settled down.

Then the Admin Wars began.

Mike was having trouble running the boards, which had expanded from four forums to sixteen, by himself. So he appointed six other people (Scooter, Funnyface, Francine, Doc, Martin, and Bzaro) to co-admin with him.

Big mistake.

You know the saying, “Absolute power corrupts absolutely”? Absolutely true in this case. The admins were going around banning anyone who disagreed with them. They instituted new rules, like the one that said all registrations had to be approved before the person could post. They said it was to keep posters from registering too many alternate ID’s, but some saw it as a form of elitism. They could keep out whoever they wanted, and none of us could say anything about it.

Except ED. I still have his “You are all a bunch of power-mad fascists” post framed on my wall. Say what you will about him, he’s eloquent when he wants to be. Barely a cuss word in the whole piece.

It’s sad, really, what happened to him. He used to be so funny. I used to love reading his posts. But when all this shit started, he turned really angry and bitter. All the humor wasgone. There was nothing left but ashes.

I’m not as eloquent as ED. I can’t write anywhere near that good of a statement about what’s wrong with this place. I can only hope my actions will speak for me.

Here’s what needs to happen around here: there should be no private forums. No sneaking around in secret. Say what you have to say out in the open.

Banning should be done by consensus, not the will of the admin in charge.

Start up the Beer Fountain again! I haven’t seen any fun threads around here for a long time!

Remember me.

I’m going now. It was fun, a long time ago, but it hasn’t been for a long time. I hope you’ll at least pretend to miss me. If you don’t make some major changes around here, I’ll come back and haunt you till you do.

Goodbye.

Hope Heaven’s nice.

-----------------------------------------

“Better dead than smeg!”

Even thought this guy didn't post here he should be added to the cried and left list.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Review submitted!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
Quote:

The Time Trust said:
Super happy fun slide.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
I miss the Mobius Boards. Bibboa, The Stately Eightball Manor, Sock Puppet Theatre.... Good times, good times.

Knutreturns said: Spoken like the true Greatest RDCW Champ!

All hail King Snarf!

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
You know who would have liked the Sock Puppet Theatre?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Dammit. Forgot to remove the "http". I always forget that one little detail.

The alt
15000+ posts
The alt
15000+ posts

Property is surely a right of mankind as real as liberty.

Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.

John Adams Second Americian President 1797-1801

Link Copied to Clipboard