Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
OP Offline
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Look at the top books, very few women and people of color.

Bow ties are coool.
AGW Offline
400+ posts
400+ posts
Duh!

25+ posts
25+ posts
um i think that mainstream superhero comics are unfortunately aimed primarily at white males but i think that comics as a medim have a much more universal appeal that seems to be untapped in north america at least.

500+ posts
500+ posts
I think they used to be.

The influx of writers and artists who happen to also be of another ethnicity is changing this. When they write or draw a comic, I've noticed it tends to reflect their reality more rather than the more homogenous reality of past creators. So you see more ethnic characters that don't act the role in a stereotypically insulting fashion as was usually the case when diversity was attempted by people who had little to no contact with people of color.

You still occasionally hear howls of protest from a (very) few white males and the usual accusations of the comic trying to be P.C. But it's become less and less so as people just accept characters as being characters, not as "token this" or "token that". Which I think reflects society at large.

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else. --Will Rogers "I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees." - George W. Bush I don't think anybody could have predicted that these people would .. try to use an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile. - Condoleeza Rice Barbara Bush: It's Good Enough for the Poor To comfort the powerless and make the powerful uncomfortable.
[insert non-dated reference here]
10000+ posts
[insert non-dated reference here]
10000+ posts
Forget the top books -- most popular doesn't equal quality. Look beyond the mainstream, and there's a lot more diversity out there.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Comics are for white GAY males! Thank you!

-----once over and twice twisted---------
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

LLance said:
Comics are for white GAY males! Thank you!

Just Legion Of Super-Heroes. When it was good.

We all wear a green carnation.
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Are you saying the Legion is gay or the readers of the Legion are gay yet only during the run of the title that you deem "good". Maybe you're gay and the Legion has always been "good"? You seem the type to fantasize about having an Ultra or Colossal dick up your butt...but I will concede you probably only did this when you thought the title was "good". Now I'm sure you only fantasize about mutie cock. "Oh Scott! Oh Scott! Do me harder! And take off those damn glasses boyfriend! I want to see your bitching eyes!"

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
What? No reaction Jim Jackson? I am saddened.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

LLance said:
Are you saying the Legion is gay or the readers of the Legion are gay yet only during the run of the title that you deem "good". Maybe you're gay and the Legion has always been "good"?

I'm gay, the Legion hasn't always been good. It was good for awhile while I was closeted, though, if that helps.

Quote:

You seem the type to fantasize about having an Ultra or Colossal dick up your butt...but I will concede you probably only did this when you thought the title was "good".

I'm not a bottom if it's any of your bidness.

Quote:

Now I'm sure you only fantasize about mutie cock. "Oh Scott! Oh Scott! Do me harder! And take off those damn glasses boyfriend! I want to see your bitching eyes!"

I always did like Scott...

We all wear a green carnation.

Link Copied to Clipboard