Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Uschi Offline OP
faggot
15000+ posts
OP Offline
faggot
15000+ posts
Hey hey hey! I thought I made it clear that insulting people is not welcome in my thread!

Old men, fear me! You will shatter under my ruthless apathetic assault!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Fuck off you fucking moron!

Uschi Offline OP
faggot
15000+ posts
OP Offline
faggot
15000+ posts
shut up you self perpetuating error

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
You cock herder! You fuck your shit-cavity with pride!

Uschi Offline OP
faggot
15000+ posts
OP Offline
faggot
15000+ posts
tell me, elizabeth, how exactly does one suck a fuck?

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Batwoman said:
Quote:

big_pimp_tim said:
Quote:

Batwoman said:

again you're not making any sense. You've gone from saying poor education and parenting is the cause of 93% of abortions, to blaming people for a lack of education on teen pregnancies.

make up your mind.

again, lack of proper education falls under the poor education and parenting. going to class, knowing how to get pregnant, and not, does not stop it. teach them how to avoid situations, and how to get birth control and avoid peer pressure would help, as well as parents limiting the opportunity for sex, or make birth control and condoms availible.
so i would say that the lack of education on teen pregnancies would make up part of the poor education and parenting he spoke of. while, i do not know about the 93%, teenagers are gonna find ways but there is definetly more that could be done by both teachers and parents, including better education on teen pregnancies

You're a complet and utter idiot you know that? You keep saying "lack of education falls under the poor education and parenting" yet that has nothing to do with pregnancies.

People who get pregnant and have abortions do so because they know where babies come from. They know of effective forms of birth conrtol and they also know where to get it. THEY DON'T GIVE A RIP ABOUT ANY OF THAT, THEY HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX AND USE ABORTIONS AS A FORM OF BIRTH CONTROL.

Again, you have not said anything that makes sense.

As for parents keeping their kids from having sex, here's a news flash moron, people will have sex no mater the age, no matter the restrictions. If they're that set about doing it,they'll find a way. The only way to prevent kids from having sex is with a chastity belt or to raise the kid in a buble. But neither of those things are options and I'm sure if the kid's determined enough, they'll find ways out of the belt and bubble.

Yes but children need to be taught more than just the basics. More than just biology and stick tab A in slot B.

They need to be educated on the consequences of thier actions.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Shut that fucking bitch up before I come over and fuck-start her head!

Uschi Offline OP
faggot
15000+ posts
OP Offline
faggot
15000+ posts
I'm gonna get a tattoo on my cunt that says "slot B"

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I wanna have your abortion.

graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
Quote:

Batwoman said:
Quote:

big_pimp_tim said:
Quote:

Batwoman said:

again you're not making any sense. You've gone from saying poor education and parenting is the cause of 93% of abortions, to blaming people for a lack of education on teen pregnancies.

make up your mind.

again, lack of proper education falls under the poor education and parenting. going to class, knowing how to get pregnant, and not, does not stop it. teach them how to avoid situations, and how to get birth control and avoid peer pressure would help, as well as parents limiting the opportunity for sex, or make birth control and condoms availible.
so i would say that the lack of education on teen pregnancies would make up part of the poor education and parenting he spoke of. while, i do not know about the 93%, teenagers are gonna find ways but there is definetly more that could be done by both teachers and parents, including better education on teen pregnancies

You're a complet and utter idiot you know that? You keep saying "lack of education falls under the poor education and parenting" yet that has nothing to do with pregnancies.

People who get pregnant and have abortions do so because they know where babies come from. They know of effective forms of birth conrtol and they also know where to get it. THEY DON'T GIVE A RIP ABOUT ANY OF THAT, THEY HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX AND USE ABORTIONS AS A FORM OF BIRTH CONTROL.

As for parents keeping their kids from having sex, here's a news flash moron, people will have sex no mater the age, no matter the restrictions. If they're that set about doing it,they'll find a way. The only way to prevent kids from having sex is with a chastity belt or to raise the kid in a buble. But neither of those things are options and I'm sure if the kid's determined enough, they'll find ways out of the belt and bubble.

some do, some don't, some have access, and some are denied thinking that will curtail andy sexual activity. some abortions are used as a form of birth control, some had an accidental, broken condom, faulty condom, somthing snuck by their pill. and yes, havin sex and knowing where babies come from do not mean they fully realize what all it really entails. knowing, and KNOWING are 2 different things.
calling me names doesn't prove your point though. and while keeping an eye on them won't stop it, parents allowing bf's or gf's to spend the night, or the weekend, or move in, and many of them either pretend nothing will happen or don't make protection availible. you may not be able to stop them, but don't offer opportunities on a silver platter. kids, or teenagers are going to make. boneheaded decisions without thinking it thru past the moment immediatly in front of them. it is their parents responsibility to teach them that.

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Quote:

big_pimp_tim said:
Quote:

Batwoman said:
Quote:

big_pimp_tim said:
Quote:

Batwoman said:

make up your mind.

some do, some don't, some have access, and some are denied thinking that will curtail andy sexual activity. some abortions are used as a form of birth control, some had an accidental, broken condom, faulty condom, somthing snuck by their pill. and yes, havin sex and knowing where babies come from do not mean they fully realize what all it really entails. knowing, and KNOWING are 2 different things.
calling me names doesn't prove your point though. and while keeping an eye on them won't stop it, parents allowing bf's or gf's to spend the night, or the weekend, or move in, and many of them either pretend nothing will happen or don't make protection availible. you may not be able to stop them, but don't offer opportunities on a silver platter. kids, or teenagers are going to make. boneheaded decisions without thinking it thru past the moment immediatly in front of them. it is their parents responsibility to teach them that.

You still don't get it. You're still trying to prove that there is a lack of education which accounts for pregnancies/abortions, when the point is Social or "Birth Control" reasons account for approximately 93 percent of all abortions. There's nothing that says there's a lack of education there.

Again going back to my high school, we were all taught sex ed AND birth conrtol, and yet kids still had sex. Free birth controll is readily available at any planned pregnancy location. You can walk into just about any public place and get condoms from vending machines in the bathrooms. Don't give me crap about how it's not available to them. If they truely are responsible about it and take precautions to avoid pregnancy, then they'll go out of their way to get contraception.

Having unproteced sex is irresponsible and immature. That has nothing to do with lack of education or parental consent.

Even my college had something a seminar/class/whatever you want to call it, on birth control/contraception. They had condom machines in the girls bathroom, I'm sure they had them in the boys bathroom as well.

Last edited by Batwoman; 2006-01-31 2:59 AM.

It's a rented tux ok? I'm not going comando in another man's fatigues.
1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Quote:

Ultimate Jaburg53 said:
Quote:

Batwoman said:
Quote:

big_pimp_tim said:
Quote:

Batwoman said:

make up your mind.

Yes but children need to be taught more than just the basics. More than just biology and stick tab A in slot B.

They need to be educated on the consequences of thier actions.

They were and yet they still had sex and got pregnant. You can educate people until your blue in the face, give them everything they need to know about sex and the consequenses of it, and yet they'll still have unprotected sex, or something will still go wrong and there'll be an unplanned pregnancy.

You guys aren't proving your points here, you're just trying to place blame on the education system when its doing its job. It's the people's responsibility to use protection when having sex. If they don't then they have no one to blame but themselves. Doing so will do no one any good, and won't teach them the consequences of their actions.

graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
you really think that all those first time abortions by women were from teens that thought, if i get prego i'll just have an abortion, no big deal. no, more likely they were scared, lost, and had no idea wha they had gottern themselves into by not thinkin past the next 5 minutes. deciding to have an abortion after your pregnant isn't really birth control. actually no abortion is technically a birth control has the child is concieved already, and birth control is supposed to prevent that, but i will give the fact that some do plan ahead with the thought i will just abort if i happen to become pregnant.

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
I would guess that many of those first time pregos went out partying, got a little fucked up and slept with someone they shouldn't have. They awoke in the morning with a case of coyote love and a bun in the oven. So they went for plan B or plan C. Big Fuckin' Deal!

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Quote:

big_pimp_tim said:
you really think that all those first time abortions by women were from teens that thought, if i get prego i'll just have an abortion, no big deal. no, more likely they were scared, lost, and had no idea wha they had gottern themselves into by not thinkin past the next 5 minutes. deciding to have an abortion after your pregnant isn't really birth control. actually no abortion is technically a birth control has the child is concieved already, and birth control is supposed to prevent that, but i will give the fact that some do plan ahead with the thought i will just abort if i happen to become pregnant.

and yet bottom line is 93% of abortions are done for birth control.

I had a friend in high school that once told me a cousin of hers (if I remember correctly) doesn't use contraception, abortions are her birth control.

OH and since no one bothered to read what I posted before, not one place did those stats I provide say those 93% were by teenagers. You guys were the ones placing the blame on teenagers. There are probably far less teenagers than there are adults using that method of "brith control".

1 post
1 post
Frankly, I don't see the problem here. It should be of no use to argue. Women have the right to do what they want to their bodies here in America. There's nothing wrong with discarding a little unwanted flesh. Do we shout murder when people remove cancer or tumors? No! It's really the same thing.

希望の戦士
2000+ posts
希望の戦士
2000+ posts
One thing for sure, there are those who graduate high school and college (which of course includes sex education) that still don't realize where babies come from, even after they've become adults and parents themselves. The facts can't be made any more clear to them, yet they somehow don't get it. One who is related to me graduated from FAU and says "The odds of pregnancy is one out of 100." I guess he was promptly absent all those days.

There is no version of this where you come out on top. Maybe your army comes, and maybe it’s too much for us, but it’s all on you. Because if we can’t protect the Earth, you can be damn well sure we’ll avenge it.

Hello?
Put Natasha on the phone.
Who is this?
This is her fucking son's father. Who is this?
This is her fucking son.
..........oh.......
Call back in 20 minutes. *click*

Boy, you could get lost in a sky like that. I wish I had those balloons again.

graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
Quote:

Batwoman said:

The so-called "hard cases" of rape, incest, health of the baby and threat to life or health of the mother account for less than 7 percent of all abortions.16

and yet bottom line is 93% of abortions are done for birth control.

I had a friend in high school that once told me a cousin of hers (if I remember correctly) doesn't use contraception, abortions are her birth control.

OH and since no one bothered to read what I posted before, not one place did those stats I provide say those 93% were by teenagers. You guys were the ones placing the blame on teenagers. There are probably far less teenagers than there are adults using that method of "brith control".

your percentages do not account for those that did not use abortion as birth control. getting pregnant, saying holy shit, what the fuck am i gonna do, and ending up with the decision of abortion is not a form of birth control. birth control is prevention of conception, now knowingly having unprotected sex with already deciding that if i am pregnant i will just abort, i will give you. that still leaves what has to be a considerable number of abortions that is neither used as birth control, or the hard cases.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Batwoman said:

That sounds like total bullshit. Its harder and more expensive to get an abortion.
this sounds like on of those Christian horror stories.

Bow ties are coool.
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
well despite the 93% using it as a birth control claim, i have found statistics to the contrary.

Abortion Statistics - Using Contraception (U.S.)

54% of women having an abortion said they used some form of contraception during the month they became pregnant.
90% of women who are at risk for unplanned pregnancies are using contraception
8% of women having an abortion say they have never used contraception.
It is possible that up to 43% of the decline in abortion from 1994-2000 can be attributed to using emergency contraception.

Abortion Statistics - Decisions to Have an Abortion (U.S.)

25.5% of women deciding to have an abortion want to postpone childbearing.
21.3% of women cannot afford a baby.
14.1% of women have a relationship issue or their partner does not want a child.
12.2% of women are too young (their parents or others object to the pregnancy.)
10.8% of women feel a child will disrupt their education or career.
7.9% of women want no (more) children.
3.3% of women have an abortion due to a risk to fetal health.
2.8% of women have an abortion due to a risk to maternal health.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

big_pimp_tim said:
well despite the 93% using it as a birth control claim, i have found statistics to the contrary.
Abortion Statistics - Decisions to Have an Abortion (U.S.)

25.5% of women deciding to have an abortion want to postpone childbearing.
21.3% of women cannot afford a baby.
14.1% of women have a relationship issue or their partner does not want a child.
12.2% of women are too young (their parents or others object to the pregnancy.)
10.8% of women feel a child will disrupt their education or career.
7.9% of women want no (more) children.
3.3% of women have an abortion due to a risk to fetal health.
2.8% of women have an abortion due to a risk to maternal health.

I think you're arguing semantics.

An argument can be made that, if only 6.1% of the women are doing it for medical reasons (3.3% due to risk to fetal heath and 2.8% due to risk to maternal health), the other 93.9% are doing it for "contraceptive" or "birth control" purposes.

graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
but then you have the young women and or teenagers pressured into it. by parents or by partners not wanting a child. and agin it isn't birth control as most of them were using birth control and were stuck with a hard choice. not saying, piss on it, i get pregnant, i get pregnant, there's always abortion.

i do see a difference between having sex and not worrying about the risks you take, choosing abortion as your sole means of preventing childbirth and doing what you can and using contraceptives and being stuck with a hard choice. again, i believe in adoption, or just making it work as i love childeren, but i also believe what i want shouldn't be imposed on someone else.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
That fact that a given woman used one form of birth control, such a condom, only to see that form of birth control fail, does not mean that a subsequent abortion was not also a form of birth control. It only means that she used two forms of birth control.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

magicjay38 said:
I would guess that many of those first time pregos went out partying, got a little fucked up and slept with someone they shouldn't have. They awoke in the morning with a case of coyote love and a bun in the oven. So they went for plan B or plan C. Big Fuckin' Deal!

I vote for MJ as official spokesman for the Pro-Coice lobby!

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

magicjay38 said:

I vote for MJ as official spokesman for the Pro-Coice lobby!

An honour I would gladly accept. In return I'll make you the pro-choice poster child!

What you really are advocating is the intrusion of government into the private lives of others. It's none of your goddamn business how other people behave in their bedrooms or physician's office. No one is asking you to foot the bill so why don't you just shut your fuckin' mouth, Monkeybutt?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Whoa!

graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
That fact that a given woman used one form of birth control, such a condom, only to see that form of birth control fail, does not mean that a subsequent abortion was not also a form of birth control. It only means that she used two forms of birth control.

incorrect. abortion is not birth control. it may be used by some who do not use birth control to prevent giving birth, but even then it is not a contraceptive. and as it showed many did use a contraceptive, that failing chose the more invasive, expensive abortion. birth control and abortion are not one and the same. nor is one another form of the other.

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Birth Conrtol, ie to control whether a child is born or not. In other words, killing the fetus or heading off a pregnancy before it happens.

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Quote:

Batwoman said:
Birth Conrtol, ie to control whether a child is born or not. In other words, killing the fetus or heading off a pregnancy before it happens.

The most effective forms of contraception prevent the implantation of a fertilized ovum or induce menstruation. If your applying the life begins at conception standard, birth control pills are abortificants.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Stepping back.

Philsy's argument in a nutshell.

Do I condone abortion? No. Anyone who knows my personal background (it's in the SOAPBOX-Abortion thread) ought to understand why. People think they can speak for someone who can't speak for themselves, and suddenly it's entirely within their rights to take someone else's life into their own hands. Not cool.

Some would say it's better for that life to be terminated than be full of trouble. Perhaps you want to run that by the fe- ohhhhh. You can't. Well, fortunately nobody felt that way about me. I am fairly certain that if you could ask, just about every single one of those potential lives would want the chance to explore that potential.

Plenty of people lead difficult lives. Just because we have it easier doesn't mean we need to turn the rest of humanity into lazy, cowardly fucksticks like us by filtering out those who might have to struggle enough to gain a meaningful understanding of what life is really about. Look back at the most important people in history, the ones we use to teach each other what being human is all about. A lot of them came out of pretty shitty circumstances. The human being is surprisingly resilient, and I think we are already at least a little aware of that, so let's dispense with the pretense of sparing a potential human a difficult life.

This is about convenience. In many cases (excluding of course rape), people decide they don't really want to reproduce after they pursue courses of action that have led directly to reproduction for the entirety of human history. If it was consensual, at least half of it was your mistake, I suggest you make the most of it. In other cases, people are trying to avoid conception but something goes wrong with whatever preventative measures they were using. Accidents will happen, I suggest you make the most of it.

But it's hard, you say? You're damn right! From all I've witnessed and been told, successfully parenting and raising a child is possibly one of the most challenging things a person can do. But by most accounts, it's also one of the most rewarding. Think about it - you can improve humanity by adding - and ultimately replacing yourself with - a person who will know just about everything you know, and then some. It's you, plus. If that really is too difficult for you, and you would rather not take the chance, there are many out there who would. If you can't or won't raise that child, do what's really best for them and give someone a chance who can and will.

The reason, I think, that so many women have chosen abortion over carrying extramarital pregnancies to term is not so much the physical burden it represents as it is the psychological and financial burden entailed therein. To a great extent, I believe this can be pinned on the failings (not to be confused with failure) of the church as an institution. While proceeding to stigmatize extramarital pregnancy, the church has in many cases not done what it was tasked to do - provide emotional, spiritual, and financial support for people who need it most, including and especially women who are looking for help with such a predicament. Just because someone did something that wasn't right doesn't mean God has stopped loving them and caring about them, so why do His people stop caring? If anything, it is an opportunity to show that the church isn't all about pointing fingers, it's about extending hands, regardless of who you are or what you've done.

There's my argument in a nutshell. I've largely avoided any discussion of politics or legislation because in my opinion these have no place in a matter of individual personal ethics. If you want me to follow up on this or you want to argue with me, feel free - though since my computer's on the blink I may not have many opportunities to respond in the near future.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
Quote:

Batwoman said:

if 90% of women at risk for unplanned pregnancy use contraception and still concieve and choose abortion, they did not choose another form of birht control. they chose abortion. completely different.

birth control is stopping an egg from becoming fertilized....conception.
abortion. termination of a fetus, or a fertilized egg. after conception.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Quote:

big_pimp_tim said:
Quote:

Batwoman said:

if 90% of women at risk for unplanned pregnancy use contraception and still concieve and choose abortion, they did not choose another form of birht control. they chose abortion. completely different.

Wikipedia disagrees with you.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
2500+ posts
2500+ posts
Quote:

thedoctor said:
Quote:

big_pimp_tim said:
Quote:

Batwoman said:

Wikipedia disagrees with you.

With all due respect, anyone can right a Wikipedia article. So while it might disagree wiht her now, Batwoman can simply write her own article and Wikipedia will concur wholeheartedly.

Reveling in the knowledge that Sammitch will never interrupt my nookie ever again. 112,000 RACK Points!
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
You apparently missed the article that shows that, though people are allowed to edit and add articles to the site, Wikipedia retains an accuracy rating equal to and, in some cases, higher than that of well established and respected reference materials such as Britannica.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Killconey said:

With all due respect, anyone can right a Wikipedia article. So while it might disagree wiht her now, Batwoman can simply write her own article and Wikipedia will concur wholeheartedly.

True. I went in and made some alterations to the entry on Yes.

We all wear a green carnation.
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
And if you don't trust Wikipedia, how about Britannica, which seems to be where the main article was sourced from:

Quote:

the voluntary limiting of human reproduction, using such means as sexual abstinence, contraception, induced abortion, and surgical sterilization. It includes the spacing as well as the number of children in a family.

2500+ posts
2500+ posts
Sorry, my point was not as clear as it could have been. Let me rephrase slightly. Wikipedia is trustworthy, but it is not strictly objective. Jim can update articles on Yes and his updates will be influenced by his opinion on the band's music. Therefore, any article written on the subject of abortion will have a slight bias based on the writer and Batwoman could feasibly write an article that would favor her definition of birth control.

Speaking from a scholastic standpoint, professors advise against using Wikipedia as a primary source for this reason although it is a great site for supplementary information.

Reveling in the knowledge that Sammitch will never interrupt my nookie ever again. 112,000 RACK Points!
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Killconey said:
Sorry, my point was not as clear as it could have been. Let me rephrase slightly. Wikipedia is trustworthy, but it is not strictly objective. Jim can update articles on Yes and his updates will be influenced by his opinion on the band's music. Therefore, any article written on the subject of abortion will have a slight bias based on the writer

We've been discussing something like this in the topic on evolution: nobody's 100% objective. And that's true of the people who update Wikipedia pages or who write for Britannica.

We all wear a green carnation.
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
Quote:

thedoctor said:
And if you don't trust Wikipedia, how about Britannica, which seems to be where the main article was sourced from:

Quote:

the voluntary limiting of human reproduction, using such means as sexual abstinence, contraception, induced abortion, and surgical sterilization. It includes the spacing as well as the number of children in a family.

well, online dictionary disagrees with you, and wikipedia, and britanica,

graemlin protector
6000+ posts
graemlin protector
6000+ posts
abortion is not a contraceptive. abortion is somthing done after conception. there can be no abortion without conception. and therefore not a contraceptive, and not birth control. birth control prevents getting pregnant, abortion stops a pregnancy.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard