rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
http://www.onvideo.org/calendar/cal_dvd.htm#Sep5

September 5

Ace Ventura Deluxe Double Feature Giftset with "Ace Ventura Pet Detective Deluxe Edition" (1994) with Jim Carrey, Courteney Cox, Sean Young, Tone Loc, Dan Marino; and "Ace Ventura When Nature Calls Deluxe Edition" (1995) with Jim Carrey, Ian McNeice, Simon Callow. Extras: "Pet Detective": Commentary by director Tom Shadyac, making-of featurette; bonus disc of specially selected cartoons from "Ace Ventura The Animated Series." (Warner).

All the King's Men (1949) Dir.: Robert Rossen; Broderick Crawford, John Ireland, Mercedes McCambridge, Joanne Dru, John Derek. (Sony).

Amarcord (1973) Dir.: Federico Fellini; Pupella Maggio, Armando Brancia, Magali Noel, Bruno Zanin. Two-disc set with new high-definition digital transfer. Extras: Commentary by scholars Peter Brunette and Frank Burke; new 45-minute documentary, "Fellini's Homecoming," on the complicated relationship between Fellini, his hometown, and his past; video interview with star Magali Noel; Fellini's drawings, and other Amarcord ephemera; audio interviews with Fellini, his friends, and family by Gideon Bachmann; a book featuring a new essay by Sam Rohdie and Fellini's 1968 memoir, "La mia Rimini"; more. (The Criterion Collection).

Anne of Avonlea(1975) Two-disc set of the Six-part BBC miniseries. Stars Kim Braden, David Garfield, Barbara Hamilton, Madge Ryan, Anthony Forest; $29.98. (Koch Vision).

The Bob Newhart Show Season Four Three-disc set with 24 episodes, $29.98. Extras: Commentary on select episodes, gag reel. (Fox).

Brazil(1985) Dir.: Terry Gilliam; Jonathan Pryce, Robert De Niro, Katherine Helmond, Ian Holm, Bob Hoskins, Michael Palin, Ian Richardson, Peter Vaughan, Kim Greist, Jim Broadbent. Available for the first time as a single-disc release separate from Criterion's three-disc "Brazil" box set. Extras: Commentary by Gilliam. (The Criterion Collection).

Bridget Loves Bernie: The Complete Series Three-disc set with 24 episodes, $29.95. (Sony).

Broken Trail (2006) Dir.: Walter Hill; Robert Duvall, Thomas Haden Church, Greta Scacchi, Todd Allen, Rusty Schwimmer, Scott Copper. AMC miniseries; $28.96. Extras: Making-of featurette. (Sony).

Commander in Chief: The Inaugural Edition Part 2 Two-disc set with episodes 11-18, $29.99. Extras: Interview with Geena Davis, unaired scenes, bloopers, commentaries. (Buena Vista).

Dead Man's Shoes (2006) Paddy Considine, Gary Stretch, Toby Kebbell, Jo Hartley, Seamus O'Neill, Stuart Wolfenden. Blistering, brutal drama about a young man who returns from the army to his rural British community to exact revenge on a sadistic gang of thugs who abused his mentally handicapped younger brother. (Magnolia Home Entertainment).

District B13 (Banlieue 13) (2006 -- French) Cyril Raffailli, David Belle. An agent infiltrates a gang that threatens Paris 2010 with a neutron bomb. Extras: "The Making of District B13" featurette, extended fight sequence, outtakes. (Magnolia Home Entertainment).

Escape to Witch Mountain/Return From Witch Mountain"Escape to Witch Mountain" (1975) Eddie Albert, Ray Milland, Donald Pleasence. Kim Richards, Ike Eisenmann, Walter Barnes, Denver Pyle. "Return From Witch Mountain" (1978) Bette Davis, Christopher Lee, Kim Richards, Ike Eisenmann, Jack Soo. $19.99. (Disney).

I remember these movies from when I was a kid. I had no idea Christopher Lee was in them.

Family: The Complete First and Second Seasons Six-disc set with 28 episodes, $49.95. (Sony).

The Flintstones: The Complete Sixth Season Four-disc set with 26 episodes, $44.98. Extras: "The Flintstones Meets Pop Culture" featurette, "The Great Gazoo -- From A to Zetox" featurette on the creation of the "The Flintstones'" most famous guest stars. (Warner).

Frankenstein Unbound (1990) Dir.: Roger Corman; John Hurt, Raul Julia, Nick Brimble, Bridget Fonda, Catherine Rabett, Jason Patric (Fox).

Gang WarsTwo-disc set with award-winning HBO documentaries on gangs in Little Rock, Arkansas, where the homicide rates are higher than in New York or Los Angeles: "Gang War: Bangin' in Little Rock" and "Back in the Hood: Gang War 2"; $24.98. Extras: Commentary by producer-director Marc Levin, producer Daphne Pinkerson and former county coroner Steve Nawojczyk; "One Decade Later" interviews with former gang members, more. (HBO Video).

Gerald McBoing Boing Adventures Six episodes from the Cartoon Network animated series, $12.98. Extras: Mini-reprint of the original Dr. Seuss book. (Classic Media).

Gerald McBoing Boing Fairytales Six episodes from the Cartoon Network animated series, $12.98. Extras: Mini-reprint of the original Dr. Seuss book. (Classic Media).

Heart of Darkness: The Vietnam War Chronicles (1945-1975)Comprehensive three-disc documentary with seven chronologically-ordered episodes about the war in Vietnam; $39.98. (Koch Vision).

The History of Notre Dame Football(2006) Celebrates the winning tradition of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, with interviews from the most memorable players and coaches in Notre Dame history; $19.98. Extras: Featurettes on Heisman heroes and the school's marching band, vintage footage of Knute Rockne's most famous speeches, more. (Warner).

The History of Texas Longhorns Football (2006) Celebrates the winning tradition of the Texas Longhorns from their first game in 1893 through their fourth national championship season in 2005; $19.98. (Warner).

House of the Damned (1963) Ron Foster, Merry Anders, Richard Crane, Erika Peters. (Fox).

I, Vampire: Trilogy of BloodThree films focusing on vampire-driven stories of blood-thirsty immortals: "Spawn of Hell," "From the Grave" and "Undead Evil"; $14.98. (Koch Vision).

Jackass: The Movie Unrated Special Collector's Edition (2002) Johnny Knoxville, Bam Margera, Steve-O, Chris Pontius. Extras: Commentary by director Jeff Tremaine, cinematographer Dimitry Elyashkevich and Knoxville; "Jackass" cast group commentary; MTV's "Making of Jackass: The Movie"; outtakes; additional footage; "Too Hot for MTV" additional footage. (Paramount).

One of the funniest movies of all time. If you did not like it you have no sense of humor.

Jim Henson's Fantasy Film Collection Three-disc set with "The Dark Crystal," "Labyrinth" and "Mirrormask"; $49.95. Extras: Sixteen-page Manga book. (Sony).

Kinky Boots(2006) Joel Edgerton, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Sarah-Jane Potts. English comedy about a conservative shoe factory that turns to an over-the-top way to stay in business -- by manufacturing the most sexy, provocative leather boots on the market. Extras: Commentary by director Julian Jarrold and cast members, deleted scenes, "The Real Kinky Boots factory" behind-the-scenes featurette, "Journey of a Brogue" featurette. (Miramax).

The Legend of Lucy Keyes(2006) Julie Delpy, Justin Theroux, Brooke Adams, Mark Boone Junior, Cassidy Hinkle, Kathleen Regan. Thriller about a 250-year-old missing girl. (MTI Home Video).

Lost: The Complete Second Season -- The Extended Experience Seven-disc set with every second-season episode, $59.99. Extras: "Fire + Water" behind-the-scenes featurette, "Lost on Location" featurette, "The World According to Sawyer" featurette, "The Lost Flashbacks," deleted scenes, bloopers, Channel 4 U.K. promo, "The Official Lost Connections" featurette, "Mysteries, Theories and Conspiracies" featurette, "Secrets From the Hatch" featurette, commentaries by cast and creators. (Buena Vista).

I want this for the Hurley mental hospital episode and the season finale.

NFL Pittsburgh Steelers Road to XL Four-disc set with all three playoff games and Super Bowl XL in their entirety. Extras: Featurettes on Bill Cowher, Hines Ward, Dick LeBeau, Chuck Noll, and owner Art Rooney. (Warner).

Night Train to Paris (1964) Leslie Nielsen, Aliza Gur. (Fox).

The Other (1972) Dir.: Robert Mulligan; Uta Hagen, Diana Muldaur. (Fox).

OZ: The Complete Sixth Season Three-disc set with the final eight episodes, $64.98. Extras: Deleted scenes, commentaries, cast audition tapes, extended cut of series finale "Exeunt Omnes." (HBO Video).

The Plague(2006) James Van Der Beek, Dee Wallace Stone, Ivana Milicevic, Brad Hunt, Joshua Close, Brittany Scobie. World's kids arise from 10-year coma and wage war on adults. Extras: Deleted scenes, cast and editor commentary. (Sony).

Playtime (1967) Dir.: Jacques Tati; Jacques Tati. Two-disc set. New, restored high-definition digital transfer. Extras: Video introduction by Terry Jones; selected scene audio commentary by film historian Philip Kemp; "Au-dela de Playtime," a short documentary featuring archival behind-the-scenes footage from the set; "Tati Story," a short biographical film about Tati; "Jacques Tati in Monsieur Hulot's Work," a 1976 BBC Omnibus program; rare audio interview with Tati from the U.S. debut of "Playtime"; "Cours du soir," a 1967 short film written by and starring Tati; new essay by Jonathan Rosenbaum; more. (The Criterion Collection).

This is not the spankarific cinemax movie. You have been warned.

Population 436(2005) David Ames, James Blicq, Cory Cassidy, Fred Durst. Horror-thriller about a small town population that neither shrinks nor grows. Extras: Alternate ending. (Sony).

Pretty Poison (1968) Anthony Perkins, Tuesday Weld, Beverly Garland, John Randolph. (Fox).

Ryna (2005 -- Romania) Doroteea Petre, Valentin Popescu, Matthieu Roze, Nicolae Praida. Award-winning film about a beautiful teenager who has been raised as a boy by her tyrannical father. (Lifesize Entertainment).

Secrets of Mary Magdalene Two-disc documentary, $19.98. (Koch Vision).

Seven Samurai(1954) Dir.: Akira Kurosawa ; Toshiro Mifune, Takashi Shimura, Yoshio Inaba, Seiji Miyaguchi. Three-disc set with all-new restored high-definition digital transfer and new and improved English subtitle translation. Extras: Two audio commentaries: one by film scholars David Desser, Joan Mellen, Stephen Prince, Tony Rayns, and Donald Richie; the other by Japanese-film scholar Michael Jeck; 50-minute documentary on the making of "Seven Samurai," part of the Toho Masterworks series "Akira Kurosawa: It Is Wonderful to Create"; "My Life in Cinema," a two-hour video conversation between Kurosawa and Nagisa Oshima; "Seven Samurai: Origins and Influences," a new documentary; gallery of behind-the-scenes images of Kurosawa at work on "Seven Samurai," plus original poster art; theatrical trailers and teaser; booklet featuring essays by Peter Cowie, Philip Kemp, Peggy Chiao, Alain Silver, Kenneth Turan, Stuart Galbraith, Arthur Penn, Sidney Lumet, and an interview with Toshiro Mifune. (The Criterion Collection).

Shock Treatment (1981) Jessica Harper, Cliff De Young, Richard O'Brien, Patricia Quinn, Charles Gray, Ruby Wax, Nell Campbell. Extras: Commentary by the founders of the Shock Treatment Fan Club, "DTV Presents: A Shockumentary" making-of featurette, "Let's Rock 'n' Roll: Shock Treatment's Super Score" musical retrospective featurette. (Fox).

Supernatural: The Complete First Season Six-disc set with 22 episodes, $58.98. Extras: Commentary on select episodes, "Supernatural: Tales From the Edge of Darkness" making-of documentary, "Day in the Life of Jared and Jensen" featurette, gag reel, unaired scenes, still gallery. (Warner).

Tales From the GraveTrio of tales featuring the dead coming back to get revenge on the living: "Beyond Death," "Brides of the Dead" and "The Rotting Dead"; $14.98. (Koch Vision).

The Three Musketeers(1966) Two-disc set with all 10 episodes of the BBC production starring Jeremy Brett, Brian Blessed, Gary Watson and Jeremy Young; $29.98. (Koch Vision).

United 93 (2006) Christian Clemenson, Trish Gates, Polly Adams, Cheyenne Jackson, Opal Alladin, Gary Commock. Extras: Candid 50-minute documentary, "United 93: The Families and the Film." A Limited Edition two-disc set will also be available, adding the 48-minute documentary "Chasing Planes: Witnesses to 9/11." (Universal),

Unknown White Male(2006) Documentary about Doug Bruce, who one day finds himself traveling on a NYC subway toward Coney Island with no memory of who he is or where he is going. (Wellspring/Genius Products).

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Peacock Teaser
3000+ posts
Peacock Teaser
3000+ posts
Lost...yes...though that may be knocked down to my 'Black Friday' shopping list.

I always wanted to see the Seven Samurai, since I love The Magnificent Seven so much.

"Nice shot!"
"I was aiming for the horse."

"You're either lying or stupid."
"I'm stupid! I'm stupid!"
Megatron and Starscream
1500+ posts
1500+ posts
I see the list doesn't include season 1 of Hustle.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=...asin=B000FUH350

Last edited by Batwoman; 2006-09-05 8:04 PM.

It's a rented tux ok? I'm not going comando in another man's fatigues.
3000+ posts
3000+ posts
got the first 4 discs of LOST season 2

rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Quote:

Batwoman said:
I see the list doesn't include season 1 of Hustle.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=...asin=B000FUH350

I don't think that site lists BBC dvds. It didn't have the first season of doctor who either.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
1500+ posts
1500+ posts
You mean the one you grabbed your info from?

Ah, that explains the missing info.

It's a rented tux ok? I'm not going comando in another man's fatigues.
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
you tell him Batwoman!

Link Copied to Clipboard