Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Swizzler....
6000+ posts
OP Offline
The Swizzler....
6000+ posts
I had some fun with a math warm up for my seventh graders. Can you guys figure out the answers WITHOUT googling stuff up?!?

The, “oh my gosh, math is SO totally boring” Warm-Up

1. Sighing ever so diligently, Marizela whispers under her breathe hoping Ms. Arp won’t hear, “math is SOOOO boring, in fact, I should invent a scale of boringness for Ms. Arp’s class with -500 being the most boring ever. Seeing her write this number down, Reggie smirks and writes down +250 underneath her number. After all, Ms. Arp at least checks his practice sheet before Friday. From across the room, Matt and his laser like vision spot the problem. What would be the answer to -500 + 250?

2. Andrea watches Matt out of the corner of her eye. After all, she knows a lot more than people think she does about the class and the subject matter. Deciding to show off a little bit, she decides to find the absolute value of a) -500 and b) 250.

3. Far behind Andrea, Dalia, Omar, and Palawan roll their eyes toward the ceiling. “I think this class is -689 X 6.5 boring” Dalia mutters to Palawan across the table. Palawan wonders to himself, “what is -689 X 6.5 =?!? Better yet, what would the division sentence be that undoes this multiplication sentence?”

4. Kimberly is excited about math class. After all the fun she hears about in honors math, today will be a good day because Ms. Arp is in a good mood, right?!? (Well maybe not, her boyfriend’s still out of town ) Deciding to test Corey’s math ability, she passes a note to him:

(a) -14 + 6 = ______ (b) 56 - -16 = _____ (c) -10 - -15= ______

5. Finishing the math warm up and stretching himself out over the chairs yet again, Debranton tries to remember the sign rules so he can help Edgar out with multiplication and division. Help him out and write what you remember from class yesterday.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
evil

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Schlub
15000+ posts
Schlub
15000+ posts
D: i don't give a flying fuck.

And, to be fair, one of my favorite friends there is blind and I take every opportunity available to make fun of that and we're still friends. That guy never fit there. He never got the spirit of the RKMBs. We're gonna keep an eye on the obits, see if he finally left or if he really did have a heart attack.
2,506,410.81 CAD Rack points

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Ummm....I was told there would be no math involved...

[insert non-dated reference here]
10000+ posts
[insert non-dated reference here]
10000+ posts
Quote:

PrincessElisa said:
I had some fun with a math warm up for my seventh graders. Can you guys figure out the answers WITHOUT googling stuff up?!?

1. Sighing ever so diligently, Marizela whispers under her breathe hoping Ms. Arp won’t hear, “math is SOOOO boring, in fact, I should invent a scale of boringness for Ms. Arp’s class with -500 being the most boring ever. Seeing her write this number down, Reggie smirks and writes down +250 underneath her number. After all, Ms. Arp at least checks his practice sheet before Friday. From across the room, Matt and his laser like vision spot the problem. What would be the answer to -500 + 250?

2. Andrea watches Matt out of the corner of her eye. After all, she knows a lot more than people think she does about the class and the subject matter. Deciding to show off a little bit, she decides to find the absolute value of a) -500 and b) 250.

3. Far behind Andrea, Dalia, Omar, and Palawan roll their eyes toward the ceiling. “I think this class is -689 X 6.5 boring” Dalia mutters to Palawan across the table. Palawan wonders to himself, “what is -689 X 6.5 =?!? Better yet, what would the division sentence be that undoes this multiplication sentence?”

4. Kimberly is excited about math class. After all the fun she hears about in honors math, today will be a good day because Ms. Arp is in a good mood, right?!? (Well maybe not, her boyfriend’s still out of town ) Deciding to test Corey’s math ability, she passes a note to him:

5. Finishing the math warm up and stretching himself out over the chairs yet again, Debranton tries to remember the sign rules so he can help Edgar out with multiplication and division. Help him out and write what you remember from class yesterday.

Please stay on topic, Elisa.

fudge
4000+ posts
fudge
4000+ posts
Math is the devil!

Racks be to MisterJLA
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Quote:

PrincessElisa said:

A:Dont give a shit

Quote:

A:Cause Rob is gay!

Quote:

A:I blame the Germans

Quote:

A:I still dont give a shit!

Quote:

A:I just farted!

100+ posts
100+ posts
Quote:

PrincessElisa said:

AFLAC!

A nother F ucking L ame A ss C lown posts a message.
faggot
15000+ posts
faggot
15000+ posts
"Marizela whispers under her breathe"
BREATH. breathE is a verb.

"Ms. Arp is in a good mood, right?!? (Well maybe not, her boyfriend’s still out of town"
You sick, perverted fuck. You tell your STUDENTS when you get a little action? Seriously, these kids must be, like, five for this crap to be HONORS Math.

500, 250
a- I'm not going to grab a piece of paper, you hooer. b- the fuck you mean "undoes?" just divide the first by the same. get one.
-8, 72, 5
I remember Ashley is a dirty whore. () x/ +-

Old men, fear me! You will shatter under my ruthless apathetic assault!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"

Link Copied to Clipboard