Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Kneel!
10000+ posts
Kneel!
10000+ posts
thank god for pjp

Last edited by Knutreturns; 2007-05-10 9:14 PM.

big_pimp_tim-made it cool to roll in the first damn place!
Mon Jun 11 2007 09:27 PM-harley finally rolled with me
"I'm working with him...he's young but, there is much potential. He can apprentice with me and then he's yours for final training. He will remember the face of his father...

Some day, Knutreturns just may be the greatest of us all...."-THE bastard
cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Quote:

Grimm said:
Quote:

harleykwin said:
Quote:

Grimm said:
Quote:

harleykwin said:
Quote:

Grimm said:
well if it was consistent, it wouldn't be a "sliding scale." y'know? it'd just be a timeline. which would work.

But how would it work without aging the characters or constantly replacing them? BC is an example of taking the mantle from her mom and it worked, but just try that with the Trinity on a permanent basis. Remember Knightfall, etc.? As popular as Nightwing is, and as logical as him being the next Batman (or Tim Drake - you get what I'm trying to say here) would be, how many fanboys would want that? Or accept that? Look at the shitstorm that was raised when Azbats was around way back in the early '90's. It worked bc it was temporary and the fans pretty much knew that - but imagine replacing Bruce Bats with someone else on a permanent basis. I don't see that option working.

Azbats was supposed to raise a shitstorm. he was never intended to permanently replace the original.

I said that!

But my point was, it was a shitstorm when the fanboys knew it was only temporary.
Imagine what the reaction would be if it was permanent.

back to Generations, my dear. Bats. Ras. fight to the death in a Lazarus Pit. No need for a replacement. see what I'm gettin at?

I never read Generations, but I take it that Bats goes for a dip in the pit every decade or two?

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
you make a good point.

Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts
no. just once. he and ras fight to the death. the winner absorbs all the energy from the pit and becomes functionally immortal. it's a simple solution to the "aging" situation for this character.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
you make a good point too.

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Quote:

harleykwin said:
Quote:

Knutreturns said:
52 of em...(earths that is)

Are you serious?

Quote:

Knutreturns said:
Quote:

PJP said:
yup

That is absolutely ricockulous.

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
well we see what you have on your mind.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
and in your mouth ... check it out

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Quote:

Grimm said:
no. just once. he and ras fight to the death. the winner absorbs all the energy from the pit and becomes functionally immortal. it's a simple solution to the "aging" situation for this character.

So, Bruce basically becomes Duncan Macleod!

But I get your point.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I bet!

PJP #806372 2007-05-10 10:13 PM
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

PJP #806373 2007-05-10 10:46 PM
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
The reason I mentioned Cap was that (A) we were talking about WWII; and (B) Cap's whole personna is tied to that era and the idea that he's "the living LEGEND" of that war. At some point, Marvel needs to accept that, to most of their readers, WWII might as well be the Civil War or the Revolutionary War and stop writing the character as if everyone in their universe has vivid memories of Cap's exploits during that era.

Let's face it: the average person under forty probably doesn't know who Jimmy Doolittle, Audie Murphy and/or Pappy Boyington are either.

But they probably do known about Patton or Eisenhower.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
mxy Offline
I'm Mxy!
100+ posts
I'm Mxy!
100+ posts
I say either make the characters age in real tIme (which DC or Marvel would never do), or fuck continuity and openly ignore the problem. Don't try to rationalize what makes no sense. Every tIme a fanboy writes a letter saying "How come Spider-Man went to school in the 60's?", tell hIm "Go fuck yourself, it's just superhero comics."

Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk said:
Ok, you're Mxy.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard