Next Thread
Print Thread
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
 Quote:
TNA Champion Kurt Angle made some questionable comments in a recent interview with VideoGamer.com. Below are some highlights:

When asked if he was confident that fans would pick TNA Impact! over WWE SmackDown vs. RAW Angle said:

"No I'm not confident that will happen. I believe in the long run we will end up selling more than they will. But I believe the fans will pick Smackdown first, they will try it out and then they'll go back and they will pick TNA Impact! up and they'll try it and say "wow I shouldn't have bought Smackdown". What's going to happen is after the first round of people buy they're going to call their friends and say TNA Impact! is so much better than Smackdown, get that.

Angle went on to say that it will take awhile but they will eventually destroy the new SmackDown game:

"During the first week I don't think we're going to win the war. I think within a month we're going to be crushing them in the war. So it's just going to take a couple of weeks for everybody to realize that we have the better game."

The interviewer asks Kurt why it may take a month for Impact to pass the WWE game. His answer was:

"It's just that right now WWE is slightly beating us in the TV ratings and they are going to have the advantage because they've had experience."

Once again Kurt makes himself look a bit silly.
With the computer game, yes even diehards like myself thought the last SD vs RAW was shite (I even resold it), but the chances are people who buy one game will buy the other anyway.
The WWE game will continue to sell to children, and those diehard WWE fans who still feel WWE puts out great product, and it will still sell to people on a recognition factor.
TNA might very well be the better game, but brand recognition goes a long way to selling merchandise.

With the ratings thing.
I think "slightly" beating TNA in the ratings is wishful thinking.
Maybe if you compare it to ECW, but its still got a long way to go to beat RAW and SD.

No matter how you cut it, WWE has the upper hand with both viewing figures and recognition.
TNA has the better product, although these days I think the word "slightly" is more apt, but still has a long way to go before it has a chance of beating WWE outright, or even competing on a level playing field.

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Well, he makes it sound like the games are coming out at the same time. TNA Impact is currently listed for June, whereas SD vs. Raw always comes out either late October or (more likely) early to mid-November.

Knutreturns said: Spoken like the true Greatest RDCW Champ!

All hail King Snarf!

feetbanger
100+ posts
feetbanger
100+ posts
Oh, my God! What does he think of tonight's No Way Out? I mean, you're not like going to belive this .... Randy Orton got himself disqualified to retain the WWE Title!
Warning, Spoiler:
again!

Last edited by Mickie James; 2008-02-18 2:38 AM. Reason: Fuck you, Vince. Fuck you to fucking hell.

I love you Trish!!
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Fuck off Snarf

feetbanger
100+ posts
feetbanger
100+ posts
Of course! Why would I fuck on him? The weight would squash him! Thank you for taking an interest!

I love you Trish!!
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Gay!

feetbanger
100+ posts
feetbanger
100+ posts
At least you're honest about it! More power to you!

I love you Trish!!
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Sure snarf, sure

Link Copied to Clipboard