Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brother from another mother
15000+ posts

A plastic surgeon has written a controversial children's book explaining nose jobs, tummy tucks and breast implants.

Dr Michael Salzhauer, from Miami, wrote My Beautiful Mommy book, which comes complete with cartoon-style illustrations.

He says it's to help four to seven-year-olds prepare for their parents' plastic surgery so they aren't shocked by the results.

But the book, which tells the story of a little girl whose mother gets a tummy tuck, breast implants and nose job, has been criticised in the US.

It follows the mom through first consultation until after her surgery as she explains to her children what is going to happen.

At one point she explains to her daughter, "You see, as I got older, my body stretched and I couldn't fit into my clothes anymore. Dr. Michael is going to help fix that and make me feel better."

When it comes to her nose job, the mom warns that she will look different after the bandages come off.

The girl asks: "Why are you going to look different?" Mom responds: "Not just different, my dear - prettier!"

Dr Salzhauer, a father-of-five, says the book is not meant to be a regular children's bedtime story but plays a specific purpose.

However, it has prompted criticism and debate over whether it will normalise plastic surgery and encourage more people to have it.

professional zapper of dragons and rescuer of fair maidens
25+ posts
25+ posts

"Mommy, can I fix an aumegation on my big ears then? Everyone in class calls me trophy-head."

"You're getting a boob job and I can't dye my hair purple?"

Bravo.

I used to roam the world fighting monsters and sleeping in mud. Now look at me, living in a castle, sleeping in a bed. Aren't I sweet? Yuck!
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Hyrule's Handsome Hero, Link

"You're getting a boob job and I can't dye my hair purple?"

25+ posts
25+ posts
Thanks!

But really, raising and feeding your children is financially more important than plastering your body, especially if you end up looking as fake as Cher. Every deserving mother already knows that.

I used to roam the world fighting monsters and sleeping in mud. Now look at me, living in a castle, sleeping in a bed. Aren't I sweet? Yuck!
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
yeah, it's a waste of money considering a lot of women who go for it are either MILF already or women I wouldn't F even if they had a bigger fake boob.

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Thanks Link and Son of Mxy.

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!

Link Copied to Clipboard