Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
species start to differ from each other? like darwin's moths? they were still moths - they could have mated and produced viable, fertile progeny. the finches were still finches, the turtles were still turtles. at best it's subspecies differentiation. as I said, the only way scientists have been able to extend that across the boundary of species is to muddy up the definition of what comprises a species.

and it's hardly a conspiracy theory - it's way too obvious. too many people think they can use science to answer metaphysical questions like whether or not life was created or just began accidentally, as though finding a mechanism for how somehow explains away the why. it doesn't. the fact is, the marxist worldview europeans and liberal Americans like to call "progressive" has no use for God, so the sooner they can remove Him from the equation the better. trying to use science outside of its own purview to 'prove' we all got here by chance is a good place to start.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Even the body of Man can be commanded into health.
200+ posts
200+ posts
No, what about the Galapagos Islands then. What's so unlikely about different species having the same ancestors?

And to me that isn't any different than people being so determined to use the bible as the answer for every question. Denying potential evidence just because the bible stated something completely different. How is that any better?

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
'potential evidence'?

there are similarities, actually. people have tried to use the Bible to explain things outside of the purposes for which it exists just like people are trying to use the scientific method to explain things it's not intended to explain. I'm not claiming to have all the answers here; my problem is with the abuses of science and the strongarm tactics used to silence opposition and prevent debate. could species evolve into other species? it's not impossible. but let's not say 'well we obviously know this is true' when we really don't. evolutionary theory is not set in stone; elements are constantly being overturned and replaced within it. to say 'this is a bulletproof theory for how everything got here' is a bit premature.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Juche
No, what about the Galapagos Islands then. What's so unlikely about different species having the same ancestors?

Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch, in my previous post
like darwin's moths? they were still moths - they could have mated and produced viable, fertile progeny. the finches were still finches, the turtles were still turtles. at best it's subspecies differentiation.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
200+ posts
200+ posts
Meh, that sounds a little better already than flat out denying it because you have something against science. I know it isn't set in stone yet, I know Darwin got disproven on a few aspects of the theory already. But at the moment it seems to be the most likely explanation on how species came to be. Intelligent Design will never be accepted as the truth because it can never be proven.

200+ posts
200+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch

Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch, in my previous post
like darwin's moths? they were still moths - they could have mated and produced viable, fertile progeny. the finches were still finches, the turtles were still turtles. at best it's subspecies differentiation.

The moth is just one example. I mean different continents and islands have contain completely different species.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
correlation isn't causation. genetic drift is a likely explanation but again, it's not a given and in fact isn't any more provable than ID. the only way to establish a trajectory of genetic drift beyond a shadow of a doubt is to examine the genetic material itself. that doesn't exactly fossilize. because we can't directly observe trans-species genetic drift, it remains at best a plausible hypothesis.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
Yeah...

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Haha, please tell me what looks unplausible about the evolution theory. You know you come across as very ignorant now.

You haven't even made clear exactly what makes it plausible.

I did provide a link for you a page or two ago.

200+ posts
200+ posts
It explains why lifeforms changed, it explains why some lifeforms are much older than others and it explains why lifeforms are different on different places.

Hmm what link? I don't see it.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Proposing that magical elven people who predate dinosaurs mystically engineered humans explains the origin of human life as well. That doesn't make it credible.

You have yet to go over the qualities of the theory that legitimize any of the claims you state. Not to mention that your entire sentence is one giant vagary; it covers all the stereotypes without really explaining them.

You're floundering.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard