Next Thread
Print Thread
Rob Offline OP
cobra kai
15000+ posts
OP Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
what are some issues about your favorite comic book / character that you wish would change, and some things that you wish never would?

Rob Offline OP
cobra kai
15000+ posts
OP Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
batman:

change:
1) his costume!! make it black/dark gray!
2) his "cast"!! eliminate half, make the rest his bitches
3) bruce wayne -- model after WB BTAS version
4) the secret - stop frickin tellin everyone!

dont change:
1) keep rucka at the helm for as long as possible
2) keep batman dark, or at least determined (no camp)

500+ posts
500+ posts
Batman

Change:
1] Get Robin and Nightwing back in Gotham but keep the others away, that way it could just be the 3 guys kicking ass together
2] Get Gordon back, that Atkins guy as Commish is crap, he hasnt even really been fleshed out as a character yet
3] Clear out the Rogues gallery, too much bad writing has pissed on a few good villains, bring them back later down the line better than ever
4] Kill off Hush in some brutal and horrific manner. The whole idea of him has become a horrible mess, cut the losses and either make him out to Bane or just kill 'im off
5] Get rid of that homosexual little battering ram he has on the front of the car. Its too camp and stupid
6] Fix the Arkham Asylum problem. Its stupid that the villains just strole out of there everytime, the government would have already bombed the damn place considering how many break-outs they have
7] More Bruce Wayne...

Dont Change:
1] The animosity and bad relationship he has with the cops, Batman vs the Police could make for good stories instead of the same villains used over and over [Gordon as Commish would still be his pal]
2] The idea of turf wars. Villains fighting over the city on a low scale without a big crossover would be great, it'd make sense too seen as all they do now is escape from Arkham and go straight back there [make sure to kill off Black Mask as Kingpin before this]
3] The reveal of the Urban Legend thing. That never really made sense, just make it so most of the people outside of Gotham either dont care or think he's a myth

"Now TV's all about format these days isn't it, and I've got a new type for you right here. Its me and Paris Hilton driving around in a car.... Now I know what you're thinking, but she's in the boot!" "So you see, 'Ring around the Rosey' refers to the horrible symptoms of a terrifying disease, a disease which.....a disease which....ZIM! Theres a Pigeon on you're head. You have 'Head Pigeons'. get to the Nurse before they spread to the other children." "Get off my lawn Cookie Beast!" --Invader Zim
2000+ posts
2000+ posts
Quote:

Flameswordsman said:
Batman

Change:
1] Get Robin and Nightwing back in Gotham but keep the others away, that way it could just be the 3 guys kicking ass together

keep Nightwing in Bludhave, it would be a step backwards for him to return to gotham full time.

Quote:

2] Get Gordon back, that Atkins guy as Commish is crap, he hasnt even really been fleshed out as a character yet

Gordon took years to develop beyond a cardboard cut out. I would like to see him around in some capacity though.

Quote:

3] Clear out the Rogues gallery, too much bad writing has pissed on a few good villains, bring them back later down the line better than ever

4] Kill off Hush in some brutal and horrific manner. The whole idea of him has become a horrible mess, cut the losses and either make him out to Bane or just kill 'im off

I agree here 100%

Quote:

5] Get rid of that homosexual little battering ram he has on the front of the car. Its too camp and stupid

No way!

Quote:

6] Fix the Arkham Asylum problem. Its stupid that the villains just strole out of there everytime, the government would have already bombed the damn place considering how many break-outs they have

Nope, useful plot device, wanna pick apart the realism, Jim Gordon would have been kicked off the force years ago for helping a vigilante and Batman would have been hunted down like a dog!

Quote:

7] More Bruce Wayne...

Good call, hopefully the Englehert Rogers stuff will do some of that.

Quote:

Dont Change:
1] The animosity and bad relationship he has with the cops, Batman vs the Police could make for good stories instead of the same villains used over and over [Gordon as Commish would still be his pal]
2] The idea of turf wars. Villains fighting over the city on a low scale without a big crossover would be great, it'd make sense too seen as all they do now is escape from Arkham and go straight back there [make sure to kill off Black Mask as Kingpin before this]
3] The reveal of the Urban Legend thing. That never really made sense, just make it so most of the people outside of Gotham either dont care or think he's a myth

Agreed.

500+ posts
500+ posts
Quote:

Steve T said:
Quote:

Flameswordsman said:
Batman

Change:

keep Nightwing in Bludhave, it would be a step backwards for him to return to gotham full time.

His title has become a mess, plagued with shitty writing and at a time, even turned into a title more about Tarantula than Dick. Plus the bad writing has turned him into a coward, he was beat down on, raped, and he couldnt even tell Bruce about his failure in the Blockbuster death
It would be a move backwards, but burn Devin Grayson at the stake for her bad writing, and give 'Wing a piece of the Gotham pie, like him working his own piece of the town and occasionally running into Bruce and Tim

Quote:

Quote:

Nope, useful plot device, wanna pick apart the realism, Jim Gordon would have been kicked off the force years ago for helping a vigilante and Batman would have been hunted down like a dog!

Gordon helping out Batman is one thing, repeated and predictable escapes from the same instituation is another. As far as realism goes, i dont see them on the same level at all. The Arkham escapes are a good plot device, its become tired and over-used now though, atleast have it revealed that the villains all escape in the same way that the guards have never found out about, or have them escape from batmans custody before imprisonment

Build the supporting cast up a little aswell, he doesnt seem to have one at all these days besides Alfred, who seems to be constantly ignored

"Now TV's all about format these days isn't it, and I've got a new type for you right here. Its me and Paris Hilton driving around in a car.... Now I know what you're thinking, but she's in the boot!" "So you see, 'Ring around the Rosey' refers to the horrible symptoms of a terrifying disease, a disease which.....a disease which....ZIM! Theres a Pigeon on you're head. You have 'Head Pigeons'. get to the Nurse before they spread to the other children." "Get off my lawn Cookie Beast!" --Invader Zim
2000+ posts
2000+ posts
I agree with you on the lack of supporting cast, but I have quite enjoyed what Grayson put him through and the way he came through it at the other end.

500+ posts
500+ posts
Did he actually come from it? havnt read the last 10 or so issues but i have been keeping up with the reviews. FourthRail.com said 'Wing #100 wasnt the resolution that it promised to be

3000+ posts
3000+ posts
Wonder Woman

Change:

1.) Her artist. Would love to see Greg Land, Ed Benes, Adam Hughes or Mike Turner.
2.) Her writer. Someone like Gail Simone or Joss Whedon.
3.) Her virginity. It aint the 50's. She needs to get laid.
4.) Her flux in power levels. Discrepancies need to be addressed. She needs to be the top in defensive power, even higher than Superman's. Strength and speed should be consistently near Superman levels.

Do not change:

Her costume. Ever. Red boots. Blue star spangled shorts/bikini. Golden belt/lasso. Red bustier. Golden breasplate. Golden tiara. Bracelets. Always. No question.

4000+ posts
4000+ posts
...Nightwing got raped?

Thing is- I can’t spell or type. I spell so badly my spell check doesn’t even know what I was trying to spell. And I have five Eisners HAHAHAHHA!! -Brian Michael Bendis
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
more or less....he had a fever and was delerious......Catalina then had her way with him.......it was actually kind of hot.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
If it's a chick and she's hot it doesn't really count.

500+ posts
500+ posts
I would start a new Bat-book. I quit Batman & Detective. This may sound nuts but I'd bring in J. Michael Strazynski & McFarlane would do the art. Guys, I want to see a dark and dirty Batman. Strazynski would fit in well and McFarlane would help sell tons of great comics, perhaps more than Lee did with a sorry story like "Hush". To heck with "all stars".

Life is short,,,, make it count......
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Superman.

I would change him. I would make Clark Kent far more cosmopolitan and plainly smarter. He has won a Pulitzer for investigative reporting - people should respect him as a very bright, almost cunningly intelligent guy. Lets take Kansas out of Clark. Let him have a little money - there is no reason why he should not have a house in London, perhaps.

I'd also explore the Kent family tree. Does he have any Earthly cousins?

I would also make his title much more sci fi. He's an alien. He should spend a lot of time in space. The guy does nothing to overthrow totalitarian regimes - he's got to be busy doing something. Spending a lot of time repelling alien invasions and very powerful creatures from outer space might explain it.

I'm not sure what to do about Lois. Having Clark married seems to have taken some of the mystique of this relationship away. Yet Superman can't get divorced. Tricky.

I'd totally change Green Lantern, but that's such a long story it would take forever to write.

Quote:

I'm Not Mister Mxypltk said:
If it's a chick and she's hot it doesn't really count.

I just read this out to my secretary (who is hot - she has been in FHM in her bikini) and she thought that was very funny.

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Quote:

Dave said:
I just read this out to my secretary (who is hot - she has been in FHM in her bikini) and she thought that was very funny.

Pics please.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Quote:

Dave said:I just read this out to my secretary (who is hot - she has been in FHM in her bikini) and she thought that was very funny.

Tell her she can rape me anytime.

4000+ posts
4000+ posts
You just gave permission which means it aint rape! HA!

Thing is- I can’t spell or type. I spell so badly my spell check doesn’t even know what I was trying to spell. And I have five Eisners HAHAHAHHA!! -Brian Michael Bendis
25+ posts
25+ posts
Danny is a fucktard.

Danny:Swallower and proud pounder of MEAT.
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Quote:

Danny said:

Stop pissing on my dreams!

1. You do not talk about snarf.
7500+ posts
1. You do not talk about snarf.
7500+ posts
Quote:

Danny said:

It wouldn't be rape anyway, because she is hot!

Me No Rikey Rob, he's a banana queer!

I shit on Hogan!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

rex said:
Quote:

Dave said:

Pics please.

Never seen them, don't know where to look, can't ask her ("Hey can I have a look at those photos of you in a bikini?"), and if she found out I had a copy it would ruin a good relationship with a nice girl who is dating a friend of mine.

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
My dad used to have a secretary that posed for one of the playboy college girl issues. I never saw her or the pics.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Goddess of the Universe
200+ posts
Goddess of the Universe
200+ posts
The Fawcett Heroes (yes, including the Marvel Family)

They need to be taken out of the DCU and put in their own universe. The DCU has too many heroes in it already, and ... hmm ... with all the ideas I have, maybe I should just start another thread and put all of 'em down there ...

Yeah, that's the ticket!

500+ posts
500+ posts
Quote:

Dave said:
Quote:

rex said:
Quote:

Dave said:

Pics please.

Never seen them, don't know where to look, can't ask her ("Hey can I have a look at those photos of you in a bikini?"), and if she found out I had a copy it would ruin a good relationship with a nice girl who is dating a friend of mine.

Fuck that, just whack her name in a search engine. Atleast make the effort and post her head on another womans body, that way we can atleast get some closure

500+ posts
500+ posts
Does that winking smiley face give off the scent of homosexuality, or am i just paranoid? [its that damn mouth, why does he have to wink with his mouth open like that?! perhaps he has some kind of deformity?...]

Link Copied to Clipboard