Hey everyone,

I'm not sure how many actually care about this any longer, but I thought I'd let you know that the Message Board League is quickly coming up to its 10th anniversary.

On June 2, 1999, a poster under the handle of Mad67 posted a thread on the DC Comics Message Board called:

WHICH 7 USERS WOULD BE IN YOUR MESSAGE BOARD LEAGUE AND WHAT WOULD THEIR POWERS BE?

It began as a playful exercise in witty banter, a typical chat-type message board thread, but somewhere along the way it took a turn that led to the formation of a group of original superheroes based on message board posters' handles called the Message Board League. The thread continued on as a strange mixture of chit-chat and storytelling.

The next thread was called "The New Message Board League" and, unlike the previous thread, was mostly straight storytelling. By this time a mythos had begun to form around the small group of original superheroes led by the poster known as Rypta Gud'n.

Months passed, and the Message Board League moved to several different forums and message boards, going from the JLA forum to the Other DC Universe Topics forum, to the Minx forum, to this Yahoo! club, to the Promethean City/Athanon message board, and finally to Rob's Damn Boards, where the last MBL stories were written, and where the MBL's descendant, Vanguard/Hero Revolution, began.

It's been a long, strange ride.

No new MBL stories have been written for a few years, now, but I've begun archiving all the MBL, TOMB, and Vanguard stories (amongst others) on the BLAMguard site:

http://sites.google.com/site/blamguard/archives

My goal in archiving these old stories is first to make sense of all that's been written in the shared MBL/TOMB universe, second to edit and rewrite stories where needed so that anyone reading them for the first time will be able to understand each one, and finally to inspire people to start writing again, whether using some of the characters of the MBL universe or starting something brand new. Some of my fondest memories have been writing collaborative fiction. It's often frustrating, sometimes tedious, but usually very fun.

I'd like to hear your ideas on what we can do to begin collaborative writing once again, or on how we can celebrate the 10th anniversary of the MBL.

Anyway, I'm not sure how many of the old MBLers/TOMBers/Vanguardians this will reach, so if you happen to get this message, and you've kept in touch with some of the old crowd, please pass this message along.

Thanks!

The Time Trust
AKA
Doc Quantum