Originally Posted By: Pig Iran
Ozy didn't bother me that much, but he was obviously the villain. I don't know whether that was the way it was written/directed or acted.

Definitely acted. The dialogue and staging was close enough to the book, but where-in the book-Adrien was a stereotypical square-jawed blonde "superhero" type, here he was beady-eyed, spindy, eurotrash businessman. The other thing that bugged the hell out of me was that he looked like a blonde Seth Myers.

Quote:
The rest I liked--I had no major problem with it (other than Bubastis just seemed thrown in as an afterthought--wasn't she in the comic way earlier?).

Yeah from almost the beginning, I think. Bubastis in the book was there early on as foreshadowing as to how far along Adrien was with genetic engineering (later used to create the Squid of course).

Quote:
I think the R rating will ultimately hurt the theater sales.

$25.1M opening day
  • "Watchmen" had one of the best opening days ever for an R-rated film, behind Friday openings for "The Matrix Reloaded" and "300," another Synder-helmed picture. The second "Matrix" film had an opening day of $37.5 million and "300" pulled in $28.1 million, according to figures available on the website for Box Office Mojo. The R-rated "Passion of the Christ" had a massive opening day as well, roping in $26.6 million on a Wednesday, according to the site.

Overall, Box Office Mojo reports, "Watchmen" had the fifth-highest opening for an R-rated movie. "Sex and the City" had a summer opening just ahead of the numbers posted by "Passion of the Christ" at $26.8 million. Among only superhero movies, the site reports that "Watchmen" had the eighth-highest opening day.

"Watchmen," however, had a stellar showing in its Friday midnight shows. The film opened with a $4.55-million take, ahead of recent midnight openings of franchise films such as "Quantum of Solace" and "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," according to the Hollywood Reporter. The midnight numbers are included in the $25.1 million.

By the way, on another topic, how freaky was it that the guy they cast as the child molester/murdered whom Rorschach killed looked like Pete Townshend?