Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
Rasmussen poll: 40% of G.O.P. THINK PALIN'S RESIGNATION HURTS CHANCES IN 2012

Yahoo News (the source for this piece) is consistently liberal-biased. But despite the spin of the headline (which I didn't see backed up with facts in the article), it cannot mask that Palin is still very popular among Republicans.

I was especially amused by this section:

Quote:
In January, assessing the beating Republicans took in November, the plurality of GOP voters (43%) said their party has been too moderate over the past eight years, and 55% said it should become more like Palin in the future. But nearly two-thirds of Democrats (64%) said the Republican Party has been too conservative, and a plurality (42%) suggested it look to McCain for the future.

That would be the same McCain that Democrat voters rejected in the 2008 election?
Oh yeah, that sounds like a winning strategy.

As the next line of the quoted article says, a majority of Republicans preferred Palin over McCain, even on election day last year.

While I can understand why republicans would be skeptical of whatever advice dems would have for who they should choose to run in '12 it would likely have to be somebody who could get votes beyond the GOP base. That would imply a less conservative candidate because the base is going to support whoever over Obama no matter what.

Fair play!