Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
... I saw nowhere where G-man said that not having a town hall was an infringement on free speech. ....

Try reading the posts yourself...

Originally Posted By: the G-man of Zur-En-Arrh

At this point I think the Dems should just give up on the town halls and ram a bill through when they get back.

At least you've finally admitted that this isn't about the voice of the people and is about the Democrats doing whatever hell they want.

Like many others I voted for those that campaigned for this reform. Since the townhalls just seem to be turning into a screaming match what's the point in having them? I think if the Republicans want to continue having them though they certainly should. I may even go to some myself

Typical MEM. He supports free speech for himself and like-minded Democrats but thinks that anyone with a differing viewpoint should be shut down and silenced.

That's not free speech G-man. Your right of free speech doesn't extend to forcing others to be your audience.

If people want to shout and disrupt town halls then let them organize there own.

I did read the posts, and I believe that G-man's reference to free speech being 'shut down and silenced' is in reference to this point he made earlier:

This is awfully rich, given that the Web site of the Service Employees International Union, which backs ObamaCare [and which attacked the protesters in Tampa]

But thanks for playing. Sorry, but there are no parting gifts for the loser.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."