10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

Bow ties are coool.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

oddly enough these are considered canon.

Bow ties are coool.
1. You do not talk about snarf.
7500+ posts
7500+ posts
lala Ward is hot as fuck!

Can't believe an ugly fucker like Tom Baker got to shag it!

Tamm was also hot, but Ward was best!

Me No Rikey Rob, he's a banana queer!

I shit on Hogan!
7500+ posts
7500+ posts
well that was a lump of poo!

I shit on Hogan!
ROY BATTY #1098460 2009-12-25 10:42 PM
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
table for 1!
-dave

Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
Episode had only one redeeming Quality.

The return of the Timelords.
The rest of it was a pile of shit.

I brew beer now. Brewing beer is cool.

7500+ posts
7500+ posts
Good to see James Bond as a Timelord!

I don't buy tennant as the Doctor but I buy even less, Simm as the Master!

The Masters masterplan is more pointless than his plan in Logopolis.

I shit on Hogan!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Hope they give donna her memories back.

Fair play!
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Obviously just a build up episode, so a lot of time devoted to establishing plots and little follow through, but could make for a strong finish when the story continues.

Tennant was cool and Simm was brilliantly mad.

Just a shame that ugly, talentless slapper, Tate, had to be in it.

Still, at least this year we didnt get some shitey christmas related story involving living trees etc.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
I hate Donna. She's absolutely useless and her "comedy" doesn't really translate. I watch her and think that this must be just one of those cultural things but I don't find her funny at all.
And she's not pretty like Rose and Martha were (they were also better actors).

I like Simms as the Master. He's a great dark reflection on Tennant. The added canibalism and super powers worked well because they added desperation. Watching older episodes and newer ones I think the Master being so unhinged is because of the lack of Time Lords. In Trial of a Timelord they revealed that the Master made frequent trips into the Matrix, the repository of Time Lord knowledge. Since they're a telepathic race (sort of) he probably stabilized himself but with only the Doctor he's just too crazy and can't maintain because the one source of stability is the person he could never show weakness to.
It just plays well given their history over several regenerations.

I was reminded in this episode of how strong an actor Tenant is. He's possibly the best actor to play the role. As much as I love Tom Baker he was in a lot of ways just playing Tom Baker. And all of the other Doctors always seem to be playing themselves in some way or another. But Tenant has real range and I wonder how aweful the last year would've been if a weaker actor had had these shit RTD scripts.
And the scripts are shit. I'm reminded of George Lucas. With RTD years 1-3 were the original trilogy and ever since Voyage of the Damned were in the prequels. He's so full of his own "brilliance" now that there's little quality left. A real shame.

I'm intrigued by the Time Lords return. But I'm very skeptical of trusting this program until a new producer is in charge. i remember last year with the Next Doctor I thought they were telling the story of the Tenth Doctor's adventure ending in tragedy and a traumatic regeneration. I thought the "next Doctor" was from the future and had gone back to alter events. I had this moment where I saw the episode playing out with him saving the day and the Tenth Doctor and then fading as his own existence was undone. Instead we get bullshit that wastes an hour and a hot air balloon tardis. Unfortunately the story I came up with actually worked better for what they're doing now and trying to do with the Tenth getting too full of himself and his ability to alter time. I really hate when I have better ideas than a show I enjoy. It just means the proffessional writers are tapped and need to go.

And while I'm ranting, is anyone else pissed that the Time War rumors turned out to be false? Planet of the Dead and Waters of Mars were utter wastes and hardly "special." I was really excited when I heard the rumors about Paul McGann returning. That would've been special, that would've been worth waiting 8 months for.
Oh well. I rewatched Moffat's episodes earlier and am very excited for the new season.

Bow ties are coool.
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Oh its not a cultural thing with that fat ugly slag, she is about as funny as a dose of aids (in fact I think aids may be funnier), and I think she is only popular because she is the 'it' comedian of recent times, and people think they have to like her, even if they dont.
I just call a turd a turd, and she is most defo a turd.

While Who should be peppered with a bit of humour here and there, her so called humour does not belong in a show like this.

I agree that Simm is great and that Tennant is great as well, I even agree with you about him being a better actor and is actually playing a role rather than himself ( I seem to remember making this reference to Pro earlier this year as to the reason I never really like Ecclescake as the Doctor as he wasnt even attempting to act or play a part).

Timothy Dalton is god!

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I enjoyed Tate's time as a companion and thought her acting was just as good if not better than the others. It was also a nice break getting away from the usual romantic angle that occurred with both Freeman & Piper's characters.

Fair play!
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Nöwheremän

While Who should be peppered with a bit of humour here and there, her so called humour does not belong in a show like this.

I think the Doctor should be the funny one and the companion plays the straight man in the same way the companion plays the ignorant viewer who needs to have transpatial anomalies explained to them. The only really great episodes from last season were the Library episodes (where Donna is too terrified to be wacky and then removed for most of part 2 and Midnight where she had a scene at teh start and end. The worst episode by far was Turn Left where it was all her. I don't mind older companions or a lack of sex appeal, just not her and her "jokes."
Though if the online theories that she's the Rani turn out to be true I'll approve of her whole run. But only then.

Bow ties are coool.
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
I found it pointless and all over the place. However, there was some form of primal comfort I got out of it. I think it was structured like a Classic Who episode, and that appealed to my subconscious nostalgia. Standing back from it, you can see exactly where RTD had a great plot (Master/Doctor). But, then you see where the "studio-influence" comes in. The Master's action-figure-worthy "superpowers". The family demographic comforted by a bit of vaguely rude humor. Take note that the tempo and pace builds when The Doctor first starts chasing The Master. Then, at the height of the chase, a crowd of old people rush in to molest him. Thus, the "wink-nudge" to adults and kids alike, as to not take it too seriously. I think that's the part I dislike the most. Take it seriously. It's fucking Doctor Who. Have enough respect for the show, and its audience, as to not dumb down the emotional and visceral nature of drama.

Tennant and Simm where in perfectly balanced form here. They polished what they could, and just trudged through the silly shit without phoning anything in.

Oh, and just let me say that while I respect Tennant and his acting, the 10th Doctor is the biggest fucking emo in the history of television. If I have to see him tear up and get weepy in one more scene, I'm going to vomit. His whole fear of death thing, compared to how all the previous lives faced it (Davison, Eccleston) just paint Number Ten as a big pussy. Man-up, you wuss!

Enjoyed Dalton's dominance. He always looks so much more 'gallantly menacing' clean-shaven. He looks healthier/younger here than in Hot Fuzz. I'm waiting to pass judgment on the Time Lord thing until I've seen both parts.

I rate it 3 out of 5.

7500+ posts
7500+ posts

I just call a turd a turd..

So do I!

Tennant and Simm are turds.

I thought Eccleston was excellent!

I shit on Hogan!
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
In bed?

How many doctors have you "had", ROY?

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: ROY BATTY
I thought Eccleston was excellent!

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
just the one that diagnosed him insane.
Oh and the one that told him his herpes would make all his hair fall out.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Not impressed so far. I found Planet of the Dead and Waters of Mars to be very disappointing for 'Specials' as they were only glorified episodes. As I've said, Tennent should have stepped aside as soon as he started wanting to do more than just be the Doctor. Doctor Who is one of those things were the role is bigger than the actor in it and shouldn't be put off because the actor wants to do theater. I gave Waters of Mars a pass because I thought that the consequences of it would be dealt with here. Maybe it will in the final episode, and I'm hoping that it will. If not, it's such a fucking waste. The Doctor fucking with time should be the thing that brought the Master back or a bigger menace (maybe this will be the Timelords as it seems as they may put them back into a nemesis role for the Doctor.). Dalton, though, was awesome as always. I thought he was a good Bond, but that his Bond movies were just shit. It's fucking awesome to see him land in Who and steal the fucking show with just a voiceover and a few closeups. I'm tired of RTD wanking all over Who and can't wait for him to get his fat ass out the door.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
thedoctor #1098787 2009-12-29 12:04 AM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
I'm tired of RTD wanking all over Who and can't wait for him to get his fat ass out the door.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
I've been saying that for years. . .

The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Dalton, though, was awesome as always. I thought he was a good Bond, but that his Bond movies were just shit.

I've like Dalton in everything but his Bond movies.

It's not like I haven't liked Bond movies either, I have.

He was the second best thing about The Rocketeer.

The first of course being Jennifer Connelly's tits.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
I like the Dalton Bond films. Especially Licence to kill. Very underrated film that one.

7500+ posts
7500+ posts
I like the Dalton Bond films. Especially Licence to kill. Very underrated film that one.

Licence to Kill is one of the best paced Bond films ever! I fucking love that movie!

Dalton was superb. I loved his intense Bond.

Lowell and Soto are great Bond girls.

Davi is a great villain - I love the Bond/Sanchez relationship.

A brilliant revenge pic.

Dalton apparently quit Bond to do the TV sequel to Gone with the Wind, Scarlet.....

Dalton fans should check out the UK TV series Framed!

I shit on Hogan!
7500+ posts
7500+ posts
I'm tired of RTD wanking all over Who and can't wait for him to get his fat queerlord ass out the door.

I shit on Hogan!
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
I don't have a problem with him being afraid to die. The Doctor normally has little time or choice in his regenerations but it's treated as a death and traumatic rebirth. The Second Doctor freaked out a bit when the Time Lord informed him they would force one, the First even waited until his body just wore out.

Bow ties are coool.
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Saw it.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
so basically nothing happened. The Master and the Time Lords are gone (again) and the Doctor died because he was stupid enough to bring a useless old man with him. I would've preferred it if he just bumped his head like Colin Baker or walked out of the Tardis in the middle of a gang hit like Sylvestor Mccoy. This was a lot of hype for nothing.
And how did Martha and Mickey end up married? She was engaged already to another man and they shared maybe a few scenes together with no real interaction. And what exactly do they have in common other than being jealous of the Doctor/Rose relationship (and they're both black).
The Regeneration was great though. Matt Smith was enjoyable as he inspected himself and the trailer for the new series has me hopeful that Moffat will turn things around.

Bow ties are coool.
Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
Can I get an AMen on this being the Final RTD episode.
I wanted to vomit thru most of it. The acting is fine is the fucking Script and story that blew.

Oh and the BBC is a cunt. Have to have a uk IP address to watch the preview on their website. I fucking had to waste 3 minutes looking for a UK proxy to watch that shit... Bastards

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
So did they resolve the thing about Donna and her memories? The Martha/Mickey thing sounds dumb.

Fair play!
Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
So did they resolve the thing about Donna and her memories? The Martha/Mickey thing sounds dumb.

Umm, Yes and No?

It was like some dumb defense mechanism that he wrote in badly just so he did something with it.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Good-bye Russel T Davies. Thank you for bringing back Doctor Who. I appreciate all the hard work you did in the first season.

Thank you David Tennant. You will be remembered down through the ages as the man who rose to Tom Baker-level dominance in the role. Good luck and see you for the 50th anniversary.

Welcome aboard, Matt Smith and Steven Moffat! Can't WAIT to see what you do!

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
looks good.

here's hoping Moffat stays true to form and the worst aspects of RTD are well and truly gone.

also hoping those rumors about Gaiman and Baker pan out.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Balloon Knot
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man

Umm, Yes and No?

It was like some dumb defense mechanism that he wrote in badly just so he did something with it.

Thanks, I know the character isn't popular here on the board but I liked her so I was curious. Is she still part timelord?

Fair play!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Holey fucking shit did that go on forever. It's like they dragged that hack fucker out of the studio screaming "JUST ONE MORE SCENE!".

SPOILERS AHEAD!

NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENS!

I so just wanted to watch just the just ten minutes. But no, I had to watch the entire episode.

RIP the tenth Doctor, the Kamphausen Doctor, who died of a Gaydiation overdose.

Gaydiation ©thedoctor

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
It's like eating the last piece of really horrible pizza.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
Good-bye Russel T Davies. Thank you for bringing back Doctor Who. I appreciate all the hard work you did in the first season.

Thank you David Tennant. You will be remembered down through the ages as the man who rose to Tom Baker-level dominance in the role. Good luck and see you for the 50th anniversary.

Welcome aboard, Matt Smith and Steven Moffat! Can't WAIT to see what you do!

Agreed. The new season looks like it'll be fun. The way the show was before RTD decided to start forcing it to be sad.

Bow ties are coool.
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Not to be judgemental too early, but everything I have seen of Smith so far seems to just be a copy of Tennants doctor. Even the bit after he first changed was a direct rip of Tennant.
Hope it isnt the case.

Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
Not to be judgemental too early, but everything I have seen of Smith so far seems to just be a copy of Tennants doctor. Even the bit after he first changed was a direct rip of Tennant.
Hope it isnt the case.

Umm yeah,

Of course. That last episode was written by RTD.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
What a turd! It was every RTD hack cliche thrown into one story. Just terrible. He turned the Timelords' technological advancements and turned them into magic mumbo jumbo with a soothsayer to boot. Seems to remind me a lot of the last series finale too with the Daleks. Just shit. No consequences for the Doctor playing god in The Waters of Mars. His sad little goodbyes were too much. I'm not going to bitch about why he died as it reminded me a lot of Davison's departure, but did it have to take so fucking long? RTD should have left after the first series or at least just sat back and produced without fucking shit up too much with his sentimental Doctor bullshit. Here's hoping for a glorious new era for Who.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Page 78 of 137 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 136 137

Link Copied to Clipboard