Originally Posted By: thedoctor
If a business needs to be kicked in the nuts to get it on track, then I say let it be kicked in the nuts. I have no problem with our government coming over with an ice pack afterwards to help the business stop the swelling and pain. I don't think that the government should give the business a cup to prevent it from feeling the swift kick to begin with. The government gave the S&L's a cup in the late 80's and early 90's. That didn't stop the same thing that happened then from happening now. As a matter of fact, it let the problem become even worse.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100114/ap_on_bi_ge/us_unwinding_the_bailout_watchdog
 Quote:
The $700 billion taxpayer bailout will leave a legacy in financial markets, which may now be convinced the government will rescue financial institutions considered too big to fail, according to a new report by the Congressional Oversight Panel.

That expectation gives big banks and other institutions an advantage in raising capital that smaller ones don't enjoy and encourages a "moral hazard" for the big banks to take risks again, the report released Thursday said.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."