Originally Posted By: thedoctor
It took him a while to get over the shitty effects, but I told him that they show up worse than other sci-fi like Trek because it was mostly video and not processed film. I also had to keep reminding him that no matter how much I love the classic Who, it was a kids show, which surprised him after watching Pyramids. It was Hartnell being the grumpy old man that got him interested as he didn't expect that (friends in college that were Who fans mostly ran on and on about Baker and Davidson).

Also, a lot of people say that the Douglas Adams era was the height of Tom's Who. Bullshit! Hinchcliffe/Holmes was the best of the best for Baker. Pyramids, Talons, Deadly Assassin, Robots of Death. Those are my favorites.

I always say Tom Bakers first 3 and a half years/seasons are his best! But it's really his first 3 years/seasons!

Season 15 is hit and miss!

I don't understand why the Douglas Adams era get's so much praise either - he worked on the dull season 16 and cheap season 17! It really is a one hit wonder but what a hit City of Death was!

Me No Rikey Rob, he's a banana queer!

I shit on Hogan!