Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 84 of 137 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 136 137
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
The weeping angels are creepy. I hope they don't ruin them.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
I thought it was good. While this series hasn't been been "the greatestestest series ever", I find that it feels more like classic Who; and I like that. I also like how Smith examines things. Just something about his face and eye movements that very quirky.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
1. You do not talk about snarf.
7500+ posts
7500+ posts
It does feel like classic Who.

I'm just enjoying looking forward to watching something new on TV.

Me No Rikey Rob, he's a banana queer!

I shit on Hogan!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
It does seem pretty clear that there is much more of a classic tome going on.

The forest/oxygen plant was kind of a call back to that projector in Nightmare of Eden.

It was one of Tombo's. it begins where to space crafts become phased together.

I'm sure there is tons more callbacks homage or whatever you want to call it.

I am enjoying Matt Smith as the Doctor more than David Tennant.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
SOM, you sunuvabitch! An image of an Angel becomes an Angel! You've doomed us all!

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy

That's fucking awesome. You truly are the Chosen One, SOM...

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: ROY BATTY
...., and the end, I must say Pond is very sexy when she is horny but I really don't like this sexing up of the Doctor!

So you mind when Amy Pond is doing it, but you didn't complain when Jack Harkness was.

7500+ posts
7500+ posts
Did he try to fuck the Doctor? Sorry, I've only seen the tennant episodes once and can't remember if he did!

I shit on Hogan!
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
I believe a certain Nowhereman fucked the good Doctor Who! Perv that he is!

-----once over and twice twisted---------
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
So by your logic, you bringing that up means that you are always thinking of me fucking men.
See how your logic doesnt work?

7500+ posts
7500+ posts
Watched Mawdrynn Undead, the first story in the Black Guardian trilogy.

I don't think I have seen this since it was first aired!

All I remember is that the Brigadier was in it and the introduction of Turlogh!

I really enjoyed this story - classic Who had this weird way of offering up a really intelligent story like this one and then a really silly one.

I loved stories with continuity, I didn't remember that when the Brig remembers the Doctor, there's a montage of the first 4 and enemies!

The two time zones were a cool thing to do.

It was quite an intelligent plot for Mawdrynn tricking the companions into thinking he was a newly regenerated Doctor - his final mutation was pretty eerie considering the BBCs gypsy effects.

The extras are great with an interview of most of the cast.

And a great little Drama starring the Brig being interviewed by a reporter.

I shit on Hogan!
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Ooooooo I didn't know that was coming out on DVD already! Of course, I'll have to wait a bit for the US release. But, worth it.

I seem to remember being very put off that The Brig didn't have his stache'. Of course, it made sense later once I realized (A) it was deliberate to give a different "age" to the character, and, (B) the actor never actually had a real mustache...it was always a prop-piece.

BTW, is Nicholas Courtney gay? I'm not sure why, but I get a gay vibe from him these days. Like, he's hiding it from the public or something. I don't know. Is he married or anything?

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
I was rewatching the last episode and noticed something. When the Doctor leaves Amy with the soldiers, he's not wearing a jacket, says his goodbyes, and then they show her hands and he takes them and tells her to start trusting him and asks her to remember what he said when she was 7. For the whole bit of dialogue they keep the camera focused on their heads but you can see the Doctor is wearing his jacket and has a watch on. Then he leaves and the next time they show him he's with River and not wearing a jacket. I wonder if this is supposed to be him from the future coming back to nudge things along or just a continuity error.

I've checked out the audio plays/books. I enjoy the books a bit more because I think audio needs narration. While it's nice to hear a full audio play with a cast and sound effects it can get confusing at points because you have to guess at a lot. Plus the audio books have Tom Baker and David Tennant who are both great voice actors, Tom Baker especially.

Bow ties are coool.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
 Originally Posted By: Nöwheremän
Thats not what he said at all.
He said what is wrong with him, not what do you not like about him, as if to suggest that Peter was someone he should automatically like.
And why the hell does he have to justify himself anyway?
If he isnt a fan, then he isnt a fan.

Oh, pull the cock from your ass, Cunty. You know what I mean! If Ray doesn't like him, then there's a reason. What's yours?

To be fair I haven't really seen too much of Peter Davison's stuff. Like Mccoy I started on his first episode and it didn't really hook me so I never got around to checking the other ones out.
Though I only gave Colin a chance because I liked looking at Peri and then actually enjoyed his first season with the longer episodes (I just prefer that format). With Mccoy Mel was the big turn off. I just can't look at her, can't listen to her.

Bow ties are coool.
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Tonights episode was better, but still had silly weaknesses.
Strange that the people of Vienna in the 1500s all spoke perfect English as their first language, and most of them had London accents.
Also, you have to wonder why nobody gave their clothes a second glance. If they are saying its some kind of distortion thing like the psychic paper, then why did Amy and the twat need to dress up when they entered the school?

The interaction between Amy and the Doctor is spot on, but the boyfriend was an overly drippy, annoying twat. Cliched in fact.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Strange that the people of Vienna in the 1500s all spoke perfect English as their first language, and most of them had London accents.
Also, you have to wonder why nobody gave their clothes a second glance. If they are saying its some kind of distortion thing like the psychic paper, then why did Amy and the twat need to dress up when they entered the school?

The Tardis has always telepathically tranlated languages into English. It's been a plot point many times.
Their clothes aren't that radicaly. They probably just saw them as foreigners.

Bow ties are coool.
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
shame it cant translate your post into English as well.
I will say, if you think that their clothes werent that different to the clothes the 16th century Venitians wore, I think that you are deluding yourself.
Especially Amy, as no woman back then would have been showing her legs off.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Nowie, you're forgetting that adler is a san francisco hippie. Facts and historical accuracy don't matter to him. His kind believes that history is what you make of it.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

The interaction between Amy and the Doctor is spot on, but the boyfriend was an overly drippy, annoying twat. Cliched in fact.

I agree with Nowhereman. Also, what's with this bullshit about them traveling through space and time? Unbelievable! And this TARDIS thing being bigger on the inside than outside. Impossible!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Dude, I watched this show last year, that Doctor guy was played by a totally different actor.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Nowhereman must really hate The Hunt for Red October.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Best Tom Clancy movie. Ever.

Best Jack Ryan. Ever.

The End

Liked the latest episode, but mainly for Matt Smith. That dude just controls the scenes. What a Doctor. I'm loving Number 11...

Also, I want to insert my penis into Karen Gillan's anything. She makes me feel funny in my pants. Ever.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53
Dude, I watched this show last year, that Doctor guy was played by a totally different actor.

You've got to be shittin' me. Who the hell would watch a show that did shit like that? I give this show a season. Tops. It'll never last. Especially not for decades.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

Give it a chance. Originally I didn't like the second Darren, but then I got used to his large head and enjoyed the wacky misadventures.

Bow ties are coool.
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I followed someone's advice in here (I don't remember which Dr. Who fan it was), and watched Blink, Fear Her, Army of Ghosts, Doomsday, and then went straight to Time of Angels and Flesh and Stone.

I think I'm going to have to do some more research with the backstory, but is the man River Song is going to kill someday The Doctor himself? Or is it just future storyline stuff and I shouldn't pay attention to it yet?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I followed someone's advice in here (I don't remember which Dr. Who fan it was), and watched Blink, Fear Her, Army of Ghosts, Doomsday, and then went straight to Time of Angels and Flesh and Stone.

Fear Her was a horrible episode.

I think I'm going to have to do some more research with the backstory, but is the man River Song is going to kill someday The Doctor himself? Or is it just future storyline stuff and I shouldn't pay attention to it yet?

We haven't been told for sure who River Song killed yet.

They seem to be implying it was The Doctor.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
There's going to be an M.Night Shyamalan twist!

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Nice! Now watch:

• (2005 Season)
    Rose
    End of the World
    The Unquiet Dead

Dalek
    Empty Child
    The Doctor Dances
    Boomtown
    Bad Wolf
    Parting of the Ways

(2006 Season)
    School Reunion
    Girl in the Fireplace
    Impossible Planet
    Satan Pit

(2007 Season)
    Runaway Bride
    Smith & Jones
    Gridlock
    Human Nature
    Family of Blood
    Utopia
    Sound of Drums
    Last of the Time Lords

(2008 Season)
    Partners in Crime
    Fires of Pompeii
    Silence in the Library
    Forest of the Dead
    Midnight
    Turn Left
    The Stolen Earth
    Journey's End

(2009 Season)
    Waters of Mars
    End of Time

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
You forgot Blink.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
He said he already saw Blink...

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I am really starting to dig this new series.

Matt Smith really does seem to understand the Doctor. I can see why they chose him.

Fish from space.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor

I agree with Nowhereman. Also, what's with this bullshit about them traveling through space and time? Unbelievable! And this TARDIS thing being bigger on the inside than outside. Impossible!

And that is why people in the show are weirded out by those concepts.
Why is it that people in the show dont take a second glance at future clothing?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
The Queen did in Tooth and Claw.

She called Rose Tyler a naked child or something like that.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Again Eccleston's Doctor has Rose change in The Quiet Undead.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
The Queen did in Tooth and Claw.

Yet last night, nobody even batted an eyelid at A girl running round with a skirt so short that might as well have been a belt as far as they were concerned.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Would you complain? I wouldn't!

Cover up them sexy gams you heathen!

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
No I wouldnt, but then again I am not from the 16th century.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts

I wouldn't mind seeing Billie Joe Piper nekkid. She was the greatest vocalist Green Day ever had.

Page 84 of 137 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 136 137

Link Copied to Clipboard