Originally Posted By: Prometheus
 Quote:

Showrunner and lead writer, Steven Moffat, said: "The Doctor has visited every weird and wonderful planet you can imagine, so he was bound get round to America eventually! And of course every Doctor Who fan will be jumping up and down and saying he's been in America before. But not for real, not on location - and not with a story like this one! Oh, you wait!"

Not being funny, but that is one of the most ridiculous statements I have seen in a while.
He says "he was bound to get to America eventually" and then says "every Who fan will be jumping up and down as saying he has been to America before".

Now what I find ridiculous in the statement is the fact that he then says "never on location..blah blah blah".
So, does "The Doctor has visited every weird and wonderful planet you can imagine" mean that he was actually on those planets then?
Or, was he, like his original journey to America, still in the UK on a set?

The statement in itself would have been fine if it wasnt for the bit about him going to all those planets and finally getting round to going to America.

I'm sure it is big news filming in the USA, but at least try to keep things straight when doing comparisons.