Originally Posted By: rex
Thor is still playing at second run theaters. Its well worth watching. In some ways I liked it more than Captain America just because I wasn't expecting anything out of it.

At this point I'm just waiting for a clean download or Netflix before The Avengers comes out.

Originally Posted By: First Amongst Daves
Thor reminded me of Xanadu. A blonde Australian camping up mythology.

\:lol\:

Originally Posted By: allan1
Well,it's parts like the cosmic cube,that if you saw Thor,what happens with the Red Skull and the cube,it makes more sense also the end with the Avengers.That kind of thing.Like I said,it only took a couple of minutes of explanation but to see Thor then Cap you get the bigger picture of what's going on.

Oh I see what you are saying. I think they described it perfectly for new viewers in Cap. It was a weapon of "mythological" status. That's all that was needed for this flick. But, if I/they had seen Thor we would have a bigger picture of what the Cube is and where it comes from, etc.? I think that's a smart way to play it on their part. It's like my wife observed when the credits rolled: a section got up like normal and left, while at least half sat perfectly still waiting for the Avengers teaser afterwards. There will always be a market for those that aren't into the tie-ins or crossovers and just wanted to see a good action flick. But, if one were interested (i.e. the ones who stayed) there is more meat to be found on the bone, so to speak. I'm glad they're not repeating exposition...