"Shit"? This from a guy who liked Green Lantern? ;\)

Allan, honestly, if you're interested and have Netflix, go HERE and start with Season 1. It's the 2005 return of the show, and is the perfect jumping-on point for anyone who has never seen an episode. If you like Smallville and Buffy and things like that, you will like Doctor Who. Promise. Meanwhile, if you don't like that kind of stuff, there's still some gold in Who worth anyone's attention (i.e. the episode called "Blink").

The current season 6 just resumed from a mid-season break last night. Don't try and jump in there, unless you're like me and enjoy baffling complexity. I stated watching Who at six-years-old, in the middle of a Tom Baker episode I accidentally found. I started comics with the Teen Titans 'Judas Contract' and Crisis on Infinite Earths. That was my FIRST exposure to DC. So, if you like jumping into the middle of chaos and a billion questions, jump in next week and work it out on your own. If not, check out the link above. I really, really think YOU will like the show.

BTW, this year alone I have gotten four people to watch the show. They are hooked, watching it religiously now. It's quite addictive. Watch at your own risk.

Also BTW, Tom Baker is STILL The Doctor. He's a legend. But, this new guy Matt Smith? He's coming dangerously close to matching the same epic heights. Check him out. He starts with Season 5.