Originally Posted By: the G-man
 Originally Posted By: Doc.Mid-Nite
Soooo... how do we get them there boards going again? Or is it true message boards are dead now in the age of twitterbugs that are addicted to their crackberries?

Bottom line is that nobody wants to put any thought into anything other than the same three or four tired insults over and over and we've run off so many people with our snide comments that we've now turned on each other to the point where the few people remaining here just don't like each other very much any more... and the current state of the politics forum is more of a symptom of that than the cause.

I partly agree.

I often still want to post and have serious discussions here in POLITICS, or have lighter discussions in COMICS, MEDIA, WOMEN and other forums. But the relentless trolling makes me have these discussions elsewhere.
The ONLY time the excesses on this board briefly stopped was when you (G-man) were moderator in POLITICS and actually reigned in the bad behavior to discourage it. Then Pro, Uschi, and all the babies cried to Rob about it, and we see how uncivil Pro and his two current cheerleader lapdogs have become.

I agree that the trolling has not only discouraged new members, but chased away many longtime posters here.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.