Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy
I don't know if it's the worst, but I tried to read From Hell but it got too complicated. I mean, I finished reading it, I even finished reading the extra stories and the notes at the end, but I didn't get much out of it. It felt like there was too much unnecessary info that didn't add much to the story or the mystery (much less give any answers). It's one of those times that made me wish Moore would know when to stop thinking and writing.

I bought the first three issues of Alan Moore's FROM HELL when it was being serialized. It was heavily referenced and footnoted on the last page each issue, clearly Moore did extensive research on the known history of Jack the Ripper when he was doing this series.

But it was a long time between issues, very sporadic, and I just got bored and figured i'd wait for the trade when and if Moore finally concluded it.
And then when the trade finally came out (early/mid 1990's) I just couldn't work up the enthusiasm to purchase it. Eddie Campbell's art doesn't hold any special appeal to me, a bit overly sombre and dark, a bit too sketchy and avante-garde for me, and it looks to be about 400 pages.

I sampled a big chunk of it, someday I'll pick it up and see what i'm missing.
It's very well written from what I sampled, when I get around to it.