Originally Posted By: Rob
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
(one I came to, I remind you, long before the movie came out).

and, even though you later confirmed your guesses, the "before the movie came out" notion is still bullshit.

Which completely ignores the fact that I was 100% correct about it. Do you hate economic forecasters or meteorologists because of their professions? Everything has patterns, and everything has signs, if you just pay attention. Even movies and marketing. Fact.

Originally Posted By: rob
i actually agree more than i disagree. i thought it was corny. surprisingly, not related at all to ryan reynolds. i didn't think it was as terrible as many doom-sayers, it had its enjoyable moments. but they weren't many.

Although Reynolds does, I confess, bore the hell out of me as an actor, he wasn't necessarily the only reason it sucked. He was just the shit-cherry on top of a shit sandwich. Green Lantern is to me what I suspect Clooney's B&R is to you.

Originally Posted By: rob
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
As for The Avengers, I am excited about the "get them all together" bit more than anything. Because, that's ALL The Avengers actually is. There's no meat to the concept. Just Marvel's Big Guns, more or less, joining forces. I've always wanted to see this on the Big Screen, but with the JLA. I'll accept The Avengers got there first.

meh, i guess its just not enough for me.

its like all the shitty incarnations of the justice league comic book. just because there's a batman and a superman doesn't make it insta-awesome. so much is poo. my fear with this movie not revealing any details is that they're masking a giant poo - a strategy so often seen with other movies.

Totally fair enough. I mean, you could be completely correct and Avengers will hit the ground like a water balloon, content-wise. It will still make money, though. I cannot see why it wouldn't. Unless the upcoming marketing kills it, for some reason. Or people awake from the Joss Whedon trance.

Quote:
i will still see it. i will still geek out at it. but the sweeded trailer you posted sorta joked about it in the most succinct way; that this is essentially iron man 3, because RDJ is awesome. thats the only other part i'm looking forward to.

I agree RDJ will be the best talent in the room at any given time (although I like the guy that plays Loki, as well). But, I really, REALLY loved CAPTAIN AMERICA. THOR was a McG-commercial compared to CAPTAIN AMERICA's heart. So, I will be looking forward to seeing if Evans can continue his winning streak as Cap. Especially if they play up the Steve/Tony relationship, as they should.

We'll see. "Yoda-8-Ball says: Cloudy, the future is"