Originally Posted By: iggy
I agree with the sentiment, Rex. But, fuck this. They just need to grow the balls necessary to do a sequel.

Even if they managed to create some decent stories (like the sequels to the Planet of the Apes - the Charlton Heston version, the only one that really counts beside the novel), wise readers would wonder "what is the point in this?" (like the sequels to the Planet of the Apes).

Are you going to let the world go BOOM! after Rorschach's journal is discovered?

Are you going to make some pastiche of Adam West's Batman with Nite Owl II and Silk "Daddy's Girl" Spectre II?

Are you going to show Doc Manhattan making Rorschach clones on some planet he just terraformed?

Or a 50's style sitcom of Captain Metropolis and Hooded Justice as retired, old masked adventurers living together, telling those damn kids to move away from the lawn? (If they do not, they end up in Hooded Justice's "dungeon"... Hey, we could make a cross-over with Scooby-Doo! "Those meddling kids!", indeed.)

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!