Originally Posted By: PCG342
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
 Originally Posted By: PCG342
This is kinda tangent, but is anyone else getting tired of the onslaught of Disney previews proceeding every Marvel movie? I mean, I understand Marvel is Disney's bitch and all but seriously....

What I thought was crazy was how all-over-the-place they were with the previews. My theater was packed with families and kids. So, there was THE AMAZING EMO-KID. Then, we get BRAVE (Pixar). Nice and happy. Then we suddenly get FRANKENWEENIE by Tim Burton. Okay, slightly weird and disturbing. Then we get a comedy (I forget). Then we get the DARK KNIGHT RISES. Uhh...little heavy, but okay. Then we get fucking PROMETHEUS! I was like, WTF?? I'm surprised there weren't kids crying after that "screaming" trailer. Talk about throwing random shit against the screen. I can't believe we didn't get a 'red band' trailer for some Judd Aptow vehicle, while we're at it...

Huh. The theater I went to showed DKR, Brave, Frankenweenie, and some stupid Disney feel-good movie that looks like a watered-down ripoff of the Mighty Ducks or some chickenshit bullshit. Except with lacrosse. And Native Americans. No Spider-Man or Prometheus.

At my theater the trailers were the Dark Knight Rises, Brave, the Spiderman remake, the Frankenweenie remake, the Independence Day remake (Battleship), the Zohan remake (the Dictator) and Prometheus.

I didn't see anything in the Prometheus trailer itself that would scare any kid old enough to be watching the Avengers in the first place.

As for the Avengers, it was great. The story did a good job of tying all the Marvel films together and set us up nicely for you know who and his Infinity Gauntlet in the next one.

Downey, Hemsworth, Hiddleston, Evans and Jackson were very good, but no surprises there. I gotta admit, however, that I hope there's an "unrated" outtake there of Nick Fury saying he is sick of these muthafuckin' Asgardians on this muthafuckin' helicarrier.

Scarlet and the guy from the Hurt Locker were a little weak. Scarlett is, of course, remarkably hot and looked good in the outfits they put her in but she still can't act and thinks making "the blue steel" face makes her look tough. It doesn't. Renner did a good job for how Hawkeye was written but I prefer a Clint Barton who is a little more of a swashbuckler wiseass.

The real surprise was Ruffalo's Hulk. This was the first time the character has completely worked in a movie. The Hulk scenes were probably the highlights of the movie, especially the one near the end with Loki.