Hawai'i 'O'o
The Hawai'i 'O'o was a bird from the Mohoidae family of birds, which was found in abundance in the island of Hawaii. The striking plumage of this bird proved to be a curse for the species as it was hunted extensively to collect the feathers, which were used in decorations. These birds were also caught and sold as song birds, which mostly resulted its death in captivity. The introduction of musket made hunting much easier and by the end of 19th century, the bird had almost disappeared with rare appearances once in a while. The Hawai'i 'O'o was last seen on Mauna Loa, a volcano on south central Hawaiian island, in 1934.

Heath Hen
The Heath hen was a subspecies of the Greater Prairie-Chicken native to the heathland barrens of coastal New England. This species was found in abundance during the colonial regime, but extensive hunting for food brought about a drastic fall in their number and by the mid 19th century, the bird got extinct from the mainland and only a few hundreds were left on the island off Massachusetts. The number further declined and by the beginning of the 20th century the number of birds left was less than 100. However a destructive fire, unusual predators and then the blackhead disease killed the remaining population, and the last male Heath hen died in 1932, thus bringing an end to the species.