DYNAMO JOE, published by First Comics, sporadically from 1985-1988, is another of my favorites I recently just rediscovered in my collection.

Set about 1000 years in the future, it focuses on a robot-shaped tank and its crew, in a future galactic war with an unseen alien race. The Dynamo Joe tank has a two-man crew, one from a human warrior race, and the other, Dynamo Joe robot's mechanic, of an anthropomorphic cat race, who has a love for earth culture and colloquialisms he inadvertently doesn't get quite right, with humorous results.

It initially ran as a backup in MARS 10-12, until that title was cancelled. (these 3 issues later reprinted as DYNAMO JOE SPECIAL 1 in early 1987)

It then appeared as one of three anthology features in FIRST ADVENTURES 1-5 in Dec 1985-April 1986.
When that title was cancelled,
The storyline continued in a three-issue DYNAMO JOE limited series, in May-June-July 1986.

And then that series, after a few months of hiatus, continued as the DYNAMO JOE regular series, issues 4-15, in 1987-1988.

So this series really struggled to remain on the stands for a few years!

In some ways it reminds me of Joe Haldeman's THE FOREVER WAR, a solid storyline that is a hybrid war and science-fiction title, but with very likeable characters and a lot of humor, that gives the series a great balance.

I'd recommend starting with the DYNAMO JOE SPECIAL that reprints the first 3 stories, and also has about 10 pages of synopsis and character profiles, and better printing, that is a good introduction to the series.
Good stuff.