I'm on the fence on this one, pending further information.

The take of those who arrested the Indian diplomat in the U.S. is that she was paying her nanny just over 3 dollar an hour, subjecting her to inhuman wages and working conditions.

The take of India's government is that all the nanny's expenses were paid, and therefore she was compensated in other ways, and therefore didn't need a larger hourly wage.

The arrest and booking of the diplomat seems excessive. The Fox news report of what occurred said she was subjected to cavity searches and then locked in a holding cell with drug addicts and prostitutes, and that the Indian diplomat broke down crying at several points.

The Indian government acted excessively when it took away the barricades outside the U.S. embassy, and far beyond humiliation, is exposing U.S. nationals inside to terrorist attack, as well as harassing every U.S. and Indian employee to wage investigation.

On the one hand I admire the India government for exerting its muscle in asserting its extreme outrage.

And I wish that under Obama, when the Mexican president had criticized the inhuman and "racist" treatment of Mexican illegals, the U.S. government would have had the balls to fully exert its muscle against Mexico and its citizens for the insult.

I find it odd that, looking on youtube, it was almost all India reports, and difficult to find a U.S. media report of the incident. Maybe that will change in a day or two.