To me an arguable comic book blasphemy is turning comic book masterworks into super-condensed shadow-of-their-former-selves lowbrow popcorn thrillers.

The WATCHMEN movie for me is one of the best examples of that.

Here's an interesting 29-minute documentary on WATCHMEN, that talks about the creative process of making the WATCHMEN graphic novel, interviewing all the creative staff involved: Dave Gibbons, John Higgins (colorist), Richard Bruning (DC creative director), Jenette Kahn, Len Wein, Paul Levitz, (Alan Moore being noticeably absent, for his consistent PMS-bitch reasons).

It also interviews virtually all the actors, directors, producers and others involved in making the Watchmen movie, and several other outside creators.
Part insight and part puff piece, it was clearly done to promote the movie version, and promote it as the greatest thing since sliced bread. Which it clearly wasn't, it was a two-star version of a five-star masterwork.

Even so, I still think the masterwork itself could have been better. Even though it's still clearly good enough to be a comics masterwork.