I don't see any specific examples of a "lying Republican doing it." The FBI Inspector General's long-awaited report was released today (a Democrat, appointed by Obama) and he did not list one, NOT ONE, Republican making similar Republican-partisan remarks.

The fact is, the federal bureaucracy in FBI, DOJ, State Department, IRS, NEA, EPA, OSHA, ATF, are all Democrat-controlled, and Democrat-abused. They are Democrat-unionized, pay Democrat union dues that overwhelmingly are donated to support and elect Democrat candidates, who once elected, or re-elected, repay the donations with huge benefits to Democrat-unionized employees, who have vastly out-paced public sector salaries and benefits.
It also explains why these public sector Democrat employees are eager to do the bidding of their masters and go after Tea Party/Republican/grass-roots religious conservatives in a thuggish and vindictive way.

As demonstrated by the Lois Lerner/IRS abuses. And these same Tea Party/religious conservative/Romney donor Republicans were targeted by IRS to be deprived of 501 tax exempt group status (preventing them from organizing and fundraising for the 2012 election), as well as harassing/intimidating audits of Republicans.
And not only by IRS.
IRS also shared their information with EPA, OSHA, ATF, and other federal agencies for further harassment. As I detailed in the Lois Lerner topic.

I'm on the record as saying that the Patriot Act under Bush was an unnecessary intrusion on Constitutional freedoms, and that it was not necessary. That all the protection we as a nation needed was enforcement of our existing laws on border security, illegal immigration, background checks, flight training and so forth.

Very early on for a few months, I briefly had an attitude to some degree of "I have nothing to hide" when it came to Patriot Act intrusions on constitutional freedoms. But fairly quickly I saw that a government with the power to violate those freedoms doesn't stop at those who are guilty. As in the Lois Lerner/IRS case, and in the current FBI/DOJ/Meuller abuses make clear, if one political side wants to weaponize those federal powers, it can manufacture crimes to take out their opposition, and innocence and the rule of law be damned.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.