That's pretty cool, to have some elements of the story in your own life, that add to the realism of the story for you. I've had similar elements in comics stories set in Miami and other parts of Florida that made them more "local" for me.

I could have sworn I posted to this topic more recently, but in any case, I'm bumping it.

In the last year there was a full-color HOUSE OF SECRETS Bronze Age omnibus, and coming in Jan 2019, a new HOUSE OF MYSTERY omnibus.

There's a fairly new Wein/Wrightson and Redondo SWAMP THING omnibus. Actually two.
SWAMP THING: THE BRONZE AGE, Vol 1 (hardcover) that collects the complete 1970's run, 1-24, and 1-19 of the 1982-1983 run, right before Alan Moore run began. Obviously, there will be a volume 2!

And in tpb, literally just in the last week, a thinner partial collection, of just 1-13 of the Wein/Wrightson and Wein/Redondo issues.

And not even that long ago, the same material (issues 1-13, and HOUSE OF SECRETS 92) was recently reprinted in ROOTS OF THE SWAMP THING hardcover (2009), and trade paperback (2011).

Since I already have the original 1972-1974 issues, the reprints of them in DC SPECIAL SERIES, the SWAMP THING: DARK GENESIS trade, and the SECRET OF THE SWAMP THING digest of the Wein/Wrightson issues (2005), much as I might enjoy the format of these new editions, I don't see much point of buying another edition of what I already have in so many forms.

But in whatever form, all these are great reading, and very Halloween-atmospheric.