I think the quality of Wolfman's NEW TEEN TITANS run in 1980-1985 is testament to that.

Although Wolfman's earlier TOMB OF DRACULA run is also highly acclaimed. But that series as well, along with Wolfman's other 1970's Marvel work, suffered from the deadpan stilted pseudo-Shakespearean Marvel style it conformed to. Which is why I always preferred the storytelling on the DC side in those years.

Another offering for your Halloween reading pleasure, of my favorites from FEAR 10, Oct 1972, "Spell of the Sea Witch", 6 pages, by writer Allyn Brodsy, with art by Jack Katz (as Jay Hawk),inked by Bill Everett (as "Black Bill").
https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Fear/Issue-10?id=71568#13

A really cool story about ghost pirates seeking redemption for their past evil by helping the living. For a story from 1972, it has a remarkably visual cinematic style in several scenes. I particularly like the fadeout scene at story's end. Plus two other stories, the second Man-Thing origin story (following the first origin story in SAVAGE TALES magazine 1, in 1971), re-told with more vigor by Gerry Conway and Howard Chaykin/Gray Morrow. And a Don Heck story (reprinted from TALES OF SUSPENSE 17, May 1961). All three good stories.