WWE WrestleMania XL PLE Results: 4-6-24 (Night #1)

(4) JEY USO vs. JIMMY USO

Jey Uso continued his onslaught as soon as the bell rang. He clotheslined Jimmy Uso over the top rope to the floor, then launched himself right back onto his brother. Jey tossed Jimmy back in the ring and caught him with a step-up. He climbed the northwest turnbuckle and delivered a big cross body for a cover and two count not event a minute into the match. Jey removed his vest and let his brother collect himself. He charged, but Jimmy hoisted him into the air and caught him with a quick Samoan Drop. Jimmy looked back at his twin with disgust. Jey rolled toward the corner. Jimmy hit him with two big hip checks.

“This it? Him?” Jimmy asked the crowd. Jey crawled out of the corner. Jimmy kicked him in the head. He looked around at the crowd. They booed him loudly. Jey launched himself off the middle rope, but Jimmy picked him out of the air with an uppercut. He dropped his brother with a kick to the chin. “Come on!’ he challenged him before delivering another chin kick. Jey slumped against the ropes. Jimmy lifted him to his feet and kicked him again. “Jimmy sucks!” the crowd chanted. Jimmy shrugged them off and kicked Jey in the head again.

A chorus of boos continued to ring out. Jimmy took his time, sauntering onto the apron and climbing to the middle turnbuckle. He mocked Jey’s bounce before jumping at him back in the ring. Jey cut him off with a boot, finally buying himself an opening. The two brothers rose to knees opposite one another at 4:30. They smiled and started trading punches. The crowd responded with dueling “yeet” and “no yeet” chants. Jimmy hoisted Jey onto his shoulders, but Jey slid free. He kicked Jimmy first in the gut, then in the jaw. He gave him a step-up Enziguri. Cole said it’s been a stalemate thus far. The two rose to center. They began firing off wildly. Jimmy gave Jey a Superkick. Jey shrugged it off and delivered one of his own.

“Right here, big brother!” Jey challenged Jey to kick him in the face. He did. Jey returned the kick again. Jimmy stumbled toward the corner. Jey kicked him again. Jimmy slumped in the southeast corner. Jey kicked him again. “You hear me?” Jey asked. He kicked him again. Jimmy was out on his feet. Jey got a running start and delivered a leaping kick. Jimmy collapsed to the mat. Jey called for his brother to stand. McAfee wondered if Jey is supremely confident, or if he’s unwilling to put his brother down. Jey set up for the death blow. Jimmy put his hand up. Jey kicked air. Jimmy screamed out, “I’m sorry! I was wrong!” He crawled toward his twin. Jey seemed moved. Jimmy offered his hand. Jey took it and helped him up. Jimmy could barely stand.

Jimmy suckered him in. He reared back and kicked Jey in the face. He quickly climbed to the top rope and delivered a frog splash for a cover and near fall just before 10:00. McAfee said he thought the Usos were back. “No chance,” Cole responded. McAfee said Jey wanted it, and Cole agreed. Jimmy called for Jey to stand. He got a running start, but Jey picked him off with a Spear. He climbed to the top rope and delivered a splash of his own for a cover and three count.

WINNER: Jey Uso in 11:04

(Like matches involving the Bloodline have been apt to do, this relied less on the in-ring action and more on the emotional storytelling. In truth, the stock of the Bloodline had dropped so dramatically in recent months that this lacked the impact it may have had months ago. Jey has maintained a strong connection with the crowd, and relied on it heavily here to carry the weight. I don’t think it ever really felt like this program hit a strong crescendo, and so the match felt similarly hollow. Jimmy’s late match ruse proved fruitless, as no one seemed to really buy into it except Jey. Thankfully, the babyface wasn’t full thwarted in the end and Jey managed to counter his way into a win. A fine match, but like the opener, it failed to reach another gear.)

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo Forum- Come for the games...stay for TEH DRAMA!!!