Just thought I'd mention this, as I'm currently in the middle of re-reading my Kirby comics-- for the first time ever-- in CHRONOLOGICAL sequence!!!

I started out with the first 2 volumes of Greg Theaskston's THE COMPLETE JACK KIRBY. then, after putting together a chronological listing of all the stories I have (and where all the reprints are located) I plowed thru ever Golden Age Marvel Comic story in my entire collection! 22 Bill Everett SUB-MARINER stories-- wow!! A bunch of Carl Burgos HUMAN TORCH stories-- what CRAP!! A mess of other, miscellaneous stuff-- and of course-- the first 10 issues of CAPTAIN AMERICA. Whoa!!!!! I have the strongest feeling Jim Steranko has a copy of CA #10, because 2 or 3 of the stories in there he --ahem-- "borrowed" heavily from for work he did in the late 60's!

Then I moved on to Kirby's DC work. For this, I had to update my DC index, so I could re-read all those Fourth World back-up reprints in the CORRECT order. Which was cool-- especially when I got to the BOY COMMANDOS story where they teamed up with THE SANDMAN & SANDY THE GOLDEN BOY and THE NEWSBOY LEGION & THE GUARDIAN, as well as the Kid Commandos, AND get to meet F.D.R.!!! Whatta story!!!

Next up was STUNTMAN (Greg Theakston, 1987); THE COMPLETE JACK KIRBY (Mar-May 1947 and Jun-Aug 1947) with CLUE COMICS (with Gunmaster), HEADLINE COMICS, PUNCH & JUDY (with Lockjaw The Alligator), AIRBOY COMICS (with Link Thorne the Flying Fool); YOUNG ROMANCE #1 (DC, 2000), REAL LOVE (Young Romance & Young Love, from Eclipse, 1988), 3-D MAN (AC Comics / Golden Age Men Of Mystery #15, 1999); and right now I'm in the middle of FIGHTING AMERICAN!!! (Marvel, 1989)

The very recent HULK, CHALLENGERS OF THE UNKNOWN, HUMAN TORCH and JIMMY OLSEN books are really coming at a good time. The JO book, incidentally, FINALLY filled in the one last episode of the Fourth World epic I'd never read before (the 2nd episode)--so at last, I have the WHOLE THING!!!

But I'm really dying to get to the 1960's. Early Marvel-- especially FANTASTIC FOUR-- is my favorite period of comics. With those, after finally filling in so many gaps after decades, I'm ready to tackle the monumental task of re-reading every 1960's Marvel story in my collection-- in chronological order! YEEH-HAH!