Nowhereman said:
Quote:

harleykwin said:
Quote:

Nowhereman said:
You just dont get it thats all.

I get that it's boring!

Quote:

Comparing it to Family guy is like comparing Monty Python to Friends, both comedies, but complete opposites of eachother!

I used FG and other examples only to show that there are other cartoons out there that are geared towards adults that are funny.

Which quite frankly, I find boring!

As is your right - we just disagree.

Quote:

They dont push the envelope anything like Ren & Stimpy!
I wouldnt even compare Ren & Stimpy to adult cartoons like South Park as its just totally on a different level.
Both are funny, but their only similarity is they are cartoons!

Ren & Stimpy is a sureal comedy more akin to live action comedies like Monty Python.

I say you find it boring cause you just dont get what the creators are doing.

Why is it if I don't like it it means I "don't get it"? How condescending. I "get it" - the creators are pushing the envelope, etc., but I find it dull. Just because its not to my liking and I don't find it all that entertaining or funny, doesn't mean that I don't get it - it just means that we have different tastes as to what is funny.

Quote:

If you are more in tune with the likes of Family guy, Simpsons & Futurama etc, then so be it, but quite frankly, for me, they are the boring ones as they are too linear in their humour!

Ok, fair enough. Like I said, just different tastes.

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi