Quote:

Pariah said:
Quote:

Republican Sen. Rick Santorum, a possible 2008 presidential contender who faces a tough re-election fight next year in Pennsylvania, said intelligent design, which is backed by many religious conservatives, lacked scientific credibility and should not be taught in science classes.

I wonder how many people who've actually said this know exactly what makes evolution "scientifically credible" in the first place. I'm not saying he can't agree with that field of study's "findings". But, like most, he prolly doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

Maybe things have changed since I went to high school, but biology was not a requirement. It was a college prep class. It prepared you for further study at a college or university. I doubt you'll find a lot of controversy in higher ed about evolution in the science departments. Can any of you Christian Soldiers name a major university that offers a degree in biology based on intelligent design? By major, I mean research institutes like Stanford, University of California, USC (a Methodist school), the Ivys, Boston, UNC etc..

Do you think a degree in creation based biology is going to get you that job at Genentech, Chiron or Schering? How many med schools would consider it equivalent training?

"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives." John Stuart Mill America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between. Oscar Wilde He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead.